Sea Eagles squad to be revealed at February 10 launch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Andrew Prentice
Manly Daily
January 27, 2014 4:47PM

THE naming of Manly's squad for the inaugural Auckland Nines tournament has been delay
epp-menzies2.jpg
ed until next month.

Following a request from tournament directors in New Zealand, each of the 16 NRL clubs have been asked to not finalise their squads until the formal launch on February 10.

Geoff Toovey and his coaching staff have a tentative squad of 18 players in mind, but it won't be determined until after the trial against Cronulla next Friday at Remondis Stadium.

"We have been asked to keep our squad in house, so that is what we will do,'' a club spokesperson said.

"Our focus is getting the guys fit and then having a good hit-out against the Sharks."

Meanwhile, faster restarts of play and improving player safety were among the key rule and interpretation changes for the 2014 NRL season announced yesterday.

"The aim is to enhance entertainment for fans," NRL Head of Football, Mr Todd Greenberg said.

"It has involved an extensive review process which started with members and fans and involved all NRL clubs and coaches."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-squad-to-be-revealed-at-february-10-launch/story-fngr8iii-1226811444101

Andrew Prentice
Manly Daily
January 27, 2014 4:47PM

THE naming of Manly's squad for the inaugural Auckland Nines tournament has been delayed until next month.

Click here to read the full article.

I guess this is to allow for more ticket sales to an unsuspecting League fan base.

Is anyone heading across? Or any of our Kiwi Silvertails heading up to Auckland?

I'm hearing the focus is on the real deal, not the nines.

I'm sure they will play hard, but it is far from a focus for the club and could become a bit of a token effort.

6/71 said:
I'm hearing the focus is on the real deal, not the nines.

I'm sure they will play hard, but it is far from a focus for the club and could become a bit of a token effort.

With a share in over 2 million dollars, I would be Concentrating on winning this.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2