Sea Eagles prop inspires teammate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
NEW Sea Eagles prop Josh Starling has revealed how he wants to emulate the deeds of teammate Brenton Lawrence as he prepares to make his NRL debut for Manly against the Storm on Saturday night.

Like Starling, Lawrence made a low key arrival at Manly last season and quickly established himself as a key member of the pack.

Read More

NEW Sea Eagles prop Josh Starling has revealed how he wants to emulate the deeds of teammate Brenton Lawrence as he prepares to make his NRL debut for Manly against the Storm on Saturday night.

Lik
Josh-Starling.jpg
e Starling, Lawrence made a low key arrival at Manly last season and quickly established himself as a key member of the pack.

“He had a great year last year, if I can have anywhere a year as good as that it will be up there,” Starling said.

“He is a good bloke ‘BJ’, he is always helping you out giving you tips here and there whenever he can because he has obviously been around for a while.”

The pair have an association that stretches back to the time they were rivals on the Gold Coast when Starling played for Tweed Seagulls and Lawrence played for the Burleigh Bears

When Lawrence was with the Titans, Starling spent an off-season training with the NRL club.

Last year when Starling was weighing up his move from Souths to Manly, he sought out Lawrence’s advice.

“I thought it would be great for his football and he is a good strong runner,” Lawrence said.

“If he builds up his minutes he can be a really good player,”

The 23-year-old gets his chance following the departures of Brent Kite, Joe Galuvao, George Rose and Richie Fa’aoso along with the unavailability of Jason King.

“It’s a good opportunity for a lot of us young guys coming up,” Starling said.

“You might not get too many this year if everyone stays healthy so you just have to take them while you can.

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-prop-brenton-lawrence/story-fngr8iii-1226845042901

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8