Sea Eagles Draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
2015 NRL DRAW RELEASED
by TIM ASHWORTH | DEC. 15, 2014
The 2015 NRL Telstra Premiership draw has been released with a blockbuster start to the season for the Sea Eagles.

Geoff Toovey's men face up against old-rivals the Parramatta Eels at Pirtek Stadium in a blockbuster encounter that sees Anthony Watmough take on the side he had over a decade of success with. With number of former Sea Eagles are now Eels - Hopoate, Lussick, Gower - it's sure to be a classic with much more than two-points on the line for the old foes.

The team then follows it up with back-to-back Brookvale matches against the Storm and Bulldogs. Revenge will be on the cards in both these matches as they both got the better of the side last season. The Storm took out both encounters last season, while the Bulldogs outlasted Manly in a Golden Point Semi-Final classic to knock the team out of contention.

SIGN UP AS A MEMBER AND MAKE US STRONGER TOGETHER IN 2015. CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE INFO.
Next is a testing run of away games to Penrith, Canterbury and Melbourne for Anzac Day where the team will be wearing a commemorative ANZAC jersey to mark the occasion (to be released at http://store.seaeagles.com.au soon)

It will be the second time in six weeks that the side faces off, but that doesn’t both skipper Jamie Lyon who recently listed the Storm as one of the sides he most looks forward to playing each season.

"We've had some good tussles with the Storm over the years and I just feel that we've got a good, healthy rivalry there," Lyon said.

"We both respect each other and each match seems to be close, so I enjoy playing against the Mexicans."

Two away games north-of-the-border in and around the Originb period will test the side, but with only Daly Cherry-Evans a guaranteed loss for the side, it’s an opportunity for Toovey’s men to pick up some extra momentum against the opposition.

The season rounds out with four home games in the last six, all against top opposition who will undoubtedly be pushing for finals football. Circle both Glenn Stewart and Anthony Watmoough’s returns to Brookvale in Rounds 22 and 24 respectively as one’s not to be missed.

On the whole it is quite a difficult draw for the side, playing six of last years top eight twice and working up some decent travel time with trips to Auckland, Townsville, Brisbane, Melbourne Gold Coast and Canberra.

However, there are some absolute bloackbusters, home and away, that are not to be missed. So make sure you sign up an become a 2015 member today by calling (02) 9970 3000 or heading online to http://membership.seaeagles.com.au

Join in the conversation:

Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/seaeagles

Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ManlySeaEagles

Follow us on Instagram - http://instagram.com/manlyseaeagles

seaeagles.com.au
Top 5 match-ups in 2015
DEC. 15, 2014
Parramatta v Manly - Parramatta Stadium, Rd1

Since that infamous Brookvale clash almost two years go, the Parramatta, Manly rivalry has exploded.

It took just one punch in round 17 of 2013 to reignite the bitter rivalry that began so long ago between these two famous clubs.

Parramatta’s Mitchell Allgood landed a series of punches to the face of Manly’s Steve Matai, which restored a fierce rivalry.

But when the two sides meet in round one, much attention in the build up will focus on Anthony Watmough as he faces his former club for the first time in Parramatta colours.

Manly v Melbourne - Brookvale Oval, Rd2

No matter their form or position on the NRL ladder, there is nothing quite like the modern day rivalry between two of the league’s most successful clubs in the past decade.

Back to back grand final meetings in 2007 and 2008 would see these two clubs form a healthy rivalry still to this day.

The Sea Eagles hold a fairly even record against the Storm in recent years, however in both fixtures last season, Melbourne were able to steal the chocolates in heart-breaking fashion for the men in maroon and white.

Manly v Wests Tigers - Brookvale Oval, Rd15

The Sea Eagles and Tigers couldn’t have played in two more contrasting matches than they did in 2014.

Manly travelled to Leichhardt in round five expected to leave with their fourth consecutive victory of the season.

But a spirited Tigers outfit, led by their captain Robbie Farah, out-muscled and out-enthused their opposition as they claimed their biggest win of the season.

However, when the Tigers ventured into Brookvale in round 18, Farah’s men were on the receiving end of a drubbing.

Following the 40-8 mauling of the Tigers, many experts tipped Geoff Toovey’s men to go one better than they did in 2013.

Souths Sydney v Manly - ANZ Stadium, Rd16

There is no doubt the Sea Eagles will circle this game on their calendar. While South Sydney and Manly have had some epic clashes dating back to the infamous 1970 Grand Final, a more recent rivalry has emerged elevating their clashes to blockbuster status.

Add to the mix the highly publicised move of former favourite son Glenn Stewart from the northern beaches to Redfern and you have a recipe for sporting theatre.

"I don’t quite know what it is about Souths, but even with a slightly different squad they’re going to be as strong as ever," Sea Eagles captain Jamie Lyon said.

"Especially now with Glenn Stewart in there – he’s such a good player and I reckon he’ll add a different dimension to their game.

"They're big and strong through the middle, so with ‘Gift’ on the edges feeding their quality halves and then Greg Inglis at the back, they’re going to take some stopping. But we’ll be up for the challenge, that’s for sure."

Manly v Roosters - Brookvale Oval, Rd25

Sea Eagles fans still haven’t forgotten about the 2013 grand final heartache.

Manly have gone some way to mending the pain from that memorable grand final, defeating last year’s premiers in both fixtures last season. However, the pain of losing a grand final will never completely go away.

The Sea Eagles will meet the Roosters for the first time in round 25 at Brookvale Oval, minus Sonny bill Williams.

Again, plenty of problems with the draw.
We play Easts in round 25 . . . for the first and only time!
Three times we play teams (Dogs, Storm and 'Ritff) twice within four rounds of each other
We miss out on playing Newcastle, Tigers, Titans and Worriers twice - clubs we'd be expected to beat.

The draw is a tough one, particularly the first 8 weeks. On a positive note we have 4 home games in the final 6 weeks. Other than that this is a rubbish unfair draw.

Dumb as usual playing teams e.g. melbourne dogs and broncs twice so close together.

Liking the 7 or 8 saturday night games though, only had a handful of those last year.

Funny how an inept NRL = stupid draw...AGAIN,...wonder what the common link is????

.. and how stupid of the NRL to release the draw when the Sydney CBD is under siege!
Really, where is their forward planning?
Or is it a cunning ploy to have the draw under scruitinised?

Very sadly I'm going to miss most of season 2015 due to being away on " the big lap" from the end of March to November.

But the good news is I have invested in a Sat TV system for my van so will be able to watch most games live, regardless of how remote I'll be!!

So of the first 20 scheduled games we have the following splits for our home games:-
Friday 2 games
Saturday 2 games
Sunday 2 games
Monday 2 games

Only day missing is Thursday.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150306T1945&p0=240&msg=Kick-off&csz=1&swk=1

My observations of the draw are mixed.

Only 2 Sunday Arvo games scheduled for Brooky is criminal. Typical NRL, hope we get a few in the last 6 weeks of the season.

Only one 5 day turn around is pleasing as we always seem to get stuck with them, the only one we get however yet again involves a trip to NZ

No Dragqueens again at Brooky and we dont go to Newcastle for the 3rd year running.

I would love to have seen the NRL put on more games over the weekends during the Easter show cause its unfair that the vermin, dogs, tigpies and whining worms get a monopoly on this. Manly, Easts, Saints, Penrith ad the sharks and Newcastle should have been scheduled in to play over these weekends too.

Happy to have some games at home in the last 6 weeks cause that made it tough back end of last season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7