Sea Eagles: Don't gag Geoff Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
One by one they came in support of their coach.

Glenn Stewart, Jamie Lyon, David Williams, Brenton Lawrence, Matt Ballin - a united maroon and white front defending Geoff Toovey's right to speak his mind.

Read More

One by one they came in support of their coach.

Glenn Stewart, Jamie Lyon, David Williams, Brenton Lawrence, Matt Ballin - a united maroon and white front defending Geoff Toovey's right to speak his mind.

The players are livid the NRL fined Toovey $10,000 for his post-match comments following their loss to Souths and were happy to exercise their freedom of speech in backing the Sea Eagles boss.

Senior forward Glenn Stewart said: "It was refreshing - a coach giving opinions on what he really thinks.

"It is bias coming from me I thought it was good. It wasn't the same old answers. Tooves is very a passionate man and it was good to see him sticking up for us.

"To get the $10,000 fine will push everyone to give run-of-the-mill answers and no-one gets any fines. That's the way it is going."

Winger Williams added: "He always speaks his mind and, as far as I'm concerned, he is hardly ever wrong.

"If they (his comments) are well constructed and relevant, I can't see why we can't improve the game by saying what is wrong with it and what needs to be improved."

Read the rest at Sportal

DCE came out separately and said he agreed with Greenberg, he hates Toovey, the Stewart Brothers and Choc and he always though Beaver was overrated (according to the Courier Mail).

MadMarcus said:
DCE came out separately and said he agreed with Greenberg, he hates Toovey, the Stewart Brothers and Choc and he always though Beaver was overrated (according to the Courier Mail).

Haha! Release him to Parra immediately!! Traitor.

MadMarcus said:

He also bought at auction a rare MW 1947 jersey just so he could burn it in front of everybody when he returned to his table, ran out onto Brookie during the kids kick post-game and intercepted footys just so he could kick them over the Jane Try stand into the carpark, then offered at a fan day that Arko was 'a simple old fool', rated himself the best captain 'Manly never had' and followed up with twitter pics of him taking a turd on Brookvale Oval.

United Sea Eagles will fight fine
August 23, 2013 Adrian Proszenko

Manly will contest the $10,000 fine the club was slugged with for Geoff Toovey's infamous post-match spray.

Sea Eagles powerbrokers finally received the NRL's breach notice on Thursday, three days after the NRL issued a press release confirming the club would be fined for what the NRL's head of football, Todd Greenberg, described as ''unwarranted attacks on match officials''.

Club officials are livid South Sydney forward Jeff Lima was suspended for only one week for his ''crocodile roll'' tackle on Anthony Watmough, who came into the encounter with a well-publicised leg injury. Toovey slammed the move as ''suspicious'' and was also agitated by the penalty count and a no-try ruling against Steve Matai.

The Eagles weren't commenting on Thursday but the club is preparing a detailed submission to the breach notice.

However, they were more forward about denying reports of unrest between the Stewart brothers, Brett and Glenn, and Daly Cherry-Evans. The halfback denied he wanted out of the club to return to Queensland.

''We pride ourselves on a level of commitment and competitiveness, and apart from some good old-fashioned NSW and Queensland rivalry, this squad remains very tight,'' Cherry-Evans said. ''That goes for me, Glenn and Brett Stewart.''

Glenn Stewart also laughed off suggestions of a feud. ''I know everyone in this squad has great respect and appreciation for the role everyone plays and, while our competitive spirit never subsides, to suggest there's any falling-out is ludicrous.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/united-sea-eagles-will-fight-fine-20130822-2sei0.html#ixzz2cjkdda4y

Its on:exclamation::D

HappilyManly said:
United Sea Eagles will fight fine
Glenn Stewart also laughed off suggestions of a feud. ''I know everyone in this squad has great respect and appreciation for the role everyone plays and, while our competitive spirit never subsides, to suggest there's any falling-out is ludicrous.''
to suggest there's any falling-out Is just RIDICULOUS.

A message to Greenberg .
2V's moto has always been The bigger they are the harder they fall

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4