Sea Eagle Brenton Lawrence ready to take on Waerea-Hargreaves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SEA Eagles prop Brenton Lawrence has declared he is ready to lift the aggression in his showdown with Sydney Roosters "hit man" Jared Waerea-Hargreaves when their two sides clash at Brookvale Oval on Friday.

Read More

SEA Eagles prop Brenton Lawrence has declared he is ready to lift the aggression in his showdown with Sydney Roosters "hit man" Jared Waerea-Hargreaves when their two sides clash at Brookvale Oval on Friday.

In 2013 Waerea-Hargreaves was suspended for five weeks after a swinging arm on George Rose and early this year he took out Glenn Stewart with a shoulder charge.

"It's always a personal dual against your front row opposition," Lawrence said.

He doesn't think Waerea-Hargreaves has a personal vendetta against him but says he needs to take his game to the next level with the way the big Roosters plays.

"It's a funny thing rugby league, the intensity levels can rise and fall depending on the speed of the game or the aggression that comes with the opposition," Lawrence said.

If they are bringing it we need to lift — but at the same time we don't intend on going out there and just meeting whatever they can put to us.

"We have every intention of taking it to them."

Lawrence, who could be playing for a spot in the Queensland Origin squad, said the way Waerea-Hargreaves played was all part of the game.

"It is an aggressive game, it's especially aggressive in the middle," he said.

"I'm all for it, I like it.

"Rugby league is a hard game and it is supposed to be challenging.

"If you are being challenged on the field than all the better for it, it should bring out the best in you as a player."

Teammate Tom Symonds said Waerea-Hargreaves always­ pushed the boundaries.

"I'm sure he does something of an aggressive nature­, puts on a good hit or a big charge it fires up their team," he said.

"As a forward pack we have to stand up to that."

Symonds said in these situations­ it was always good to have a player like Jason King in their side,

"When he comes on the field he is our raging bull," Symonds said

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagle-brenton-lawrence-ready-to-take-on-waereahargreaves/story-fngr8iii-1226966583367

Ryan said:
Wonder how may head high tackles and forearms Maria will throw out this week?

Plenty seeing as how he's got his fu..stick mate with the whistle there to protect him. Damn I wish a fully fit Choc was playing in this one.

It's a good thing JWH's new 3rd party deal went through last week. Could be handy for him this week.

"The adult diaper most preferred by the Roosters hard man".

Wayne Bennet voiced his concerns over JWH raised elbow to the defenders head a few weeks back.

So lets hope that The Echidna shows some spine and penalizes him for once. :idea:

Jethro said:

Read More

Don't like this paper talk. We usually don't indulge in it. Surprised we are now. Prefer to fly under the radar. Going quietly always works best. If I were 2V I'd put the lid back on.

It's all setting up nicely. While Maria is keeping an eye out for Lawrence, Starling can blindside him and belt the living crap out of him. Then when Maria attempts to hide and skirt around out wide, Matai will clean him up big time.

What I really expect, Manly will concentrate on winning instead of belting anyone in particular and Maria will be hardly noticeable. Hayne will bow to crowd pressure.

Manly by 12. (This game is not important enough for Hayne to screw us just yet, that will come in the finals)

I like JWH, love the way he plays the game. Hope he rips in against our boys who will be fully tested against him.

Wouldn't mind seeing Kingdog start the game & take it up to Maria. We need some experienced agression out there to start with Choc & Gift out. Can't let them take the upper hand early in agro like the donkeys did to us.

i hope BJ owns JWH!
but one thing i think BJ lacks is aggression?

i think his (ever so) slight handbrake just before impact will be why he won't play origin....

to be fair tho, his top speed is a lot faster than most props going into contact!

I'd much rather a BJ than a JWH. I'm not even sure what a JWH is, but I think it has something to do with a hand job. Possibly from Yoda.

Ryan said:
Wonder how may head high tackles and forearms Maria will throw out this week?
how many he wants,he has his Adrian Morley MRC card,which virtually means he does what he wants. A mate of mine,another passionate Manly fan always used to say when Morley did something wrong when he was playing,no matter how bad it was,I wonder what he,ll get this week,he either got off most of the time,or when he did get suspended,it would always only be a week

I don't mind BJ having a word on things; as long as it fires him and our other pigs up.

Had Maria stayed at Manly we'd probably love him. But he didn't and I don't.

We might be lacking a touch of aggro (without Choc n Gift)...I'm hoping collectively we hunt and destroy, just like earlier efforts against the Rorters, Dogs and Rabbids.

We've show the sum of our parts , forward-wise, is more than enough to beat anyone.

I doubt anyone in the NRL will "own" JWH. There are many times that I wish we hung on to him. There are just as many times I am glad we didn't. I just hope we can match his aggression and intensity.

globaleagle said:
mozgrame said:
I'd much rather a BJ than a JWH. I'm not even sure what a JWH is, but I think it has something to do with a hand job. Possibly from Yoda.

Jedi Warts and Herpes?

Job With Hand you will give me.

mozgrame said:
globaleagle said:
mozgrame said:

Jedi Warts and Herpes?

Job With Hand you will give me.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6