The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I did, not too bad though. Some 'chills', tired, and a sore arm but I was hoping to milk it a bit more so mrs ge would look after me.

Alas I was back on deck the day after.

And as we're not as brain dead as Albertans, there was no million dollar lottery for getting a shot!
Albertans are the American Canadians.
A cross between The Melb Storm and a poo.

Quote Reply

Interesting look at some of this year's best rookies. Seibold has a big wrap on Schu, naturally

Interesting look at some of this year's best rookies. Seibold has a big wrap on Schu, naturally

Sorry, can't watch. Seibold's voice makes my ears bleed.

Schuster is very part of our future and he will attract a heap of attention if he hits the open market at the later part of his contract. He is one of our must keeps. With Big O, Jake and Schuster we have the best back row in the competition.

Schuster is very part of our future and he will attract a heap of attention if he hits the open market at the later part of his contract. He is one of our must keeps. With Big O, Jake and Schuster we have the best back row in the competition.
DCE coming off his large deal in 2023 will free up some dollars to hopefully retain and upgrade Schuster.

DCE coming off his large deal in 2023 will free up some dollars to hopefully retain and upgrade Schuster.
Guess that would make him 34 yrs in his final contract year here , if he was still performing well or good standard i st grade relatively injury free , guess that another year at Manly could not be ruled out . Contract value would be another matter but could be some mutual interest in him continuing at Manly a little bit longer . Who knows at this stage , just as long as he can still produce in this current contract arrangement .

Schuster hasn't been going all that well the last couple of weeks. He appears to be carrying some sort of rib or sternum injury last night. I wonder if that's effecting his game. His ball security has been off. Just doesn't seem 100% at the moment. He needs to concentrate on ball security and not trying the big no look play every time.

Schuster hasn't been going all that well the last couple of weeks. He appears to be carrying some sort of rib or sternum injury last night. I wonder if that's effecting his game. His ball security has been off. Just doesn't seem 100% at the moment. He needs to concentrate on ball security and not trying the big no look play every time.

I just think he needs to simplify his game and run the ball more and not worry about passing.

Got hit fairly hard by that big unit , centre - backrower Shark so doubt that he would have any particular injury concerns . Seems to have a good toughness level which can only be a good thing . Thought that he went all right , big lad and looks that he may get even a bit bigger . As long as he still can maintain his good foot work and agility . Would be good if he can cut his error rate to a negligible level but certainly is a serious talent .

Played a key role in passing for a try but in general he seemed to find it very heavy going last night. Might be wake up call for him that if he wants to dominate at that level (which I'm sure he does) he's got a couple of things to work on. He could dominate almost effortlessly at lower levels simply due to his skills and ball-handling talent. Bit like D Fifita with his physical attributes, but not yet the final products they could become.

Played a key role in passing for a try but in general he seemed to find it very heavy going last night. Might be wake up call for him that if he wants to dominate at that level (which I'm sure he does) he's got a couple of things to work on. He could dominate almost effortlessly at lower levels simply due to his skills and ball-handling talent. Bit like D Fifita with his physical attributes, but not yet the final products they could become.
Yep agree. I think last nights game is a bit of a wake up call for him. He needs to work on his aerobic fitness he constantly looked fatigued last night.

I'm not sure Schuster has the physical attributes to dominate at this level just yet. He is slower than Parker and seems to be playing overweight, he needs to lose some fat and gain a few kg of muscle. He's probably finding the daily grind of NRL a bit tougher than expected. I'm sure he will get there but needs another good pre season to get him in peak condition.

I'm not sure Schuster has the physical attributes to dominate at this level just yet. He is slower than Parker and seems to be playing overweight, he needs to lose some fat and gain a few kg of muscle. He's probably finding the daily grind of NRL a bit tougher than expected. I'm sure he will get there but needs another good pre season to get him in peak condition.
Perhaps the rumour of him being stood down a few weeks ago to lose some weight are true. He mentioned in the podcast with Horo that he had recently lost 5kgs.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4