Schuster - only signed till 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
This bloke is no doubt a Massive talent, would it be smart to sign him to a long term - say till 2025 ??
I feel after 2021, if he plays to the lofty potential or even better than expected, his price will double or more....
Is it jumping the gun with a bloke who has only played 1 game, or is he such a talent we should lock him up long term....I think Roosters were rewarded with Hargreaves when Manly lost him and Sualli looks another prospect, who even untried, is on decent money that may well look like a great investment within a year or 2...
What's the thoughts - let him prove his ability and then sign him at seasons end , with the risk of competition and some ridiculous offers, or look to get him a3-5 year upgrade now ??

No doubt we've had discussions already, I doubt we've brought the kid through this far and now his future has somehow slipped our mind!
I'm sure both player and club would like to work something out, how things look after the first couple of months of season 2021 will probably have a bearing.

Fortunately seems to like being at Manly so that should help in any longer term deal and this season should be a fair indication of his general market value . Quite a few players off contract this season and not all will be retained presumably so this should result in some more scope to retain him longer term if this is a preference at some stage this season and is mutually agreeable

This bloke is no doubt a Massive talent, would it be smart to sign him to a long term - say till 2025 ??
I feel after 2021, if he plays to the lofty potential or even better than expected, his price will double or more....
Is it jumping the gun with a bloke who has only played 1 game, or is he such a talent we should lock him up long term....I think Roosters were rewarded with Hargreaves when Manly lost him and Sualli looks another prospect, who even untried, is on decent money that may well look like a great investment within a year or 2...
What's the thoughts - let him prove his ability and then sign him at seasons end , with the risk of competition and some ridiculous offers, or look to get him a3-5 year upgrade now ??
The NRL website says he is signed until 2022, but your point stands given he is able to negotiate with other clubs after 1 November.

I'd definitely be looking to lock him up long term - the only problem we have is cash. I mean, look at the money that clubs were prepared to throw at Suaalii and that guy is 17 years old...

Why would be sign a long contract now when he will be able to ask for a lot more when he gains more FG experience

If Foran plays 5/8 most of the year he will most likely leave at the end of the year anyway

The roosters have plenty of money available under their salary cap and need a 5/8

The status quo seems to be that even if we offer any player a longer term on lesser money because they haven't reached their potential yet...

when he does, both he and his manager agitate for a contract increase anyway.

sheesh, that's well written.

take 2.

Doesn't matter what, if they perform, they want more $$$$ no matter what the contract says.

Pretty sure he is signed till end of 2022. That gives us this year to see a bit more of him and start the negotiations to extend his contract. Under the current rules (?) he is off limit to others until November this year, so that gives us a decent head start to work with him.

I imagine the kid has plenty to deal with and is probably just itching to play some footy to get his mind off the Titmuss tragedy and all the discussion around his position in the team and his contract. He has probably played 3 or 4 games of footy in last 12 months. Let him get out there and have some fun

Just my opinion but if he's the sort of bloke who wants to throw a tantrum and threaten to leave because he MAY not play his preferred position this season then good riddance if he goes next year.. .. how many years did gifty sit on the bench and learn off an experienced player before getting his starting gig?

I understand the valid point you are making feathered friend
But ....
What is a contract worth these days ? It is worth as much as a good Lawyer

Everything is meant to be broken
World records
Contracts
Engagements
You name it....
If it ain't broke it still can be broken

Last edited:
And how can you mend a broken heart?
How can you stop the rain from falling down?
How can you stop the sun from shining?
What makes the world go round?

Just my opinion but if he's the sort of bloke who wants to throw a tantrum and threaten to leave because he MAY not play his preferred position this season then good riddance if he goes next year.. .. how many years did gifty sit on the bench and learn off an experienced player before getting his starting gig?
Who says he did that? Media beat up or manager tactic.

Are you talking about this Molly Sims feathered friend ?
Sexy Girls 5 (14).png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6