SBW rings up the dollars for Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Just looking at Roosters attendance figures from last year to this year.

2012 ave was about 12,500
2013 ave about 22500

What a result, going from bottom 2 or 3 in attendance to third in the NRL.

Manly on the other hand languishing 3rd last this year with 12,500. That's only going to go on for so long before some major changes are made.

Not sure why we can't get the crowds we used to. I get we have lots of fans that are not on the beaches, but we must have more than 12, 500 Manly fans still here.

I've given up talking about this stuff. Location, ground, prices, busy families, 45 minute wait before the main game, Foxtel are all issues. We don't have a lot of support as we can see by membership (under 10k) and can't sell out Brookie. I keep hearing there is 1.2 million in the northern area though.

Funny how we always used to bag out the Roosters and their fickle fans or having no fans!

Have a look at our membership numbers too......very poor compared to others and we are and have been successful

Darren said:
I've given up talking about this stuff. Location, ground, prices, busy families, 45 minute wait before the main game, Foxtel are all issues. We don't have a lot of support as we can see by membership (under 10k) and can't sell out Brookie. I keep hearing there is 1.2 million in the northern area though.

Funny how we always used to bag out the Roosters and their fickle fans or having no fans!

You just talked about it again.

I can't get out to the games as much as I used to so I have to watch a lot of them on TV.

Membership just costs too much for me. If I knew I could make it to every home game I'd become a member but I can't.

At any rate all the money in RL these days is in the TV audience. There are lots more Manly fans who rarely make it to the games (and so don't want to shell out hundreds of dollars for a membership) but are watching on TV.

The poor time slots we have been given haven't helped as well. I expect there will be a bumper crowd this Sunday arvo providing there is good weather and cold beers flowing.

MWSE said:
The poor time slots we have been given haven't helped as well. I expect there will be a bumper crowd this Sunday arvo providing there is good weather and cold beers flowing.

Don't you mean cold pies?? Mmmm cold pies.

eaglebuzz said:
I can't get out to the games as much as I used to so I have to watch a lot of them on TV.

Membership just costs too much for me. If I knew I could make it to every home game I'd become a member but I can't.

At any rate all the money in RL these days is in the TV audience. There are lots more Manly fans who rarely make it to the games (and so don't want to shell out hundreds of dollars for a membership) but are watching on TV.

That's sad but I bet you are not the only one.

Due to my location I watch most games on TV but I can say there's nothing like the thrill of being at Brookie. It's funny these days that the clubs want you to attend BUT the TV gurus want you to watch their product.

eaglebuzz said:

You don't have to shell out hundreds of dollars @[eaglebuzz]. There are different packages ranging down to $65 which includes admission to 3 games (I'm not right up with it, I think that's what I got this year, but check out this link for details:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/2013packages#whiteWings3

There are lots of members that can't make it to games. Becoming a member helps the club financially and also politically – eg, in negotiating funding for Brookie. And … you will be part of the club! Particularly if you also join the Football Club, which I recommend.

Rugby league is no longer about grabbing the family or a mate to go watch the footy at the ground.
TV and live streaming are where its at in this day and age and the clubs are being compensated for precisely this scenario.

They may as well place a blow up doll in every seat of every ground to make it look like it's a sell out.

Imagine what getting an average 10000 people a home game would do for our club.(Not that you could fit that many at Brookie) The Roosters must think they've been kissed on the dick by a fairy.

Home game against the Dogs tonight will be a huge crowd as well.

COMMANDER said:
The Roosters must think they've been kissed on the dick by a fairy.

You win the Internet for today, pissed myself laughing after reading that:lol::lol:

See Dean Ritchie is getting stuck into the Crowds for this weekend with only a predicted 22K at tonight's game, I personally think there will be close to 30K but I bet the TV audience will out rate most other sporting events this weekend.

Crowds will be back to 10,000 as soon as SBW rides off into the sunset next year. Rorters are just a transit lounge.

COMMANDER said:
Imagine what getting an average 10000 people a home game would do for our club.(Not that you could fit that many at Brookie) The Roosters must think they've been kissed on the dick by a fairy.

Home game against the Dogs tonight will be a huge crowd as well.

They were saying on the Big sports breakfast this morning that ticket sales have been poor. I still think they will get a decent crowd though.

Yeah, it's so expensive to go to the NRL.
Maybe Global can fill us in on family friendly, all inclusive pricing schemes used in the NHL?
I'm sure some of you have been to England recently. I hope you made the most of it & paid your 5 quid to go and watch Man U play Chelsea.

That $18 bucks per game for a Brookie membership is insane. I'm going to go to Swans games next year, it'll be so much cheaper. I'll be able to afford that trip to the US to see an NFL game with the money I save.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4