[Resurrected] Sam Smith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Could he be a bit of a dark horse? When you look at our outside backs there is really only Elliott and some untried rookies as depth. I have not seen much of him but from all reports he is quite an athlete and a strong defender. At 8 feet tall with this new rule of no tackling in the air he could turn out to be a real weapon/asset. The game is always changing and this new rule will now benefit the tall wingers who can catch. I know he is primarily a centre but maybe Des might look to set him up as a winger.

Des loves big bodies and a solid pack. We have a great squad of forwards. We do look to lack depth in the backs particularly if injuries are cruel to us. However we have some real emerging talent and if they can step up to the next level then we will remain challengers. I am really looking forward to 2020! It's the best feeling I've had during an off season for years.

Seemed to be really hampered by injuries last season and still appears a bit of an unknown in terms of what he may be able to offer . Really can not see him being in the Lane mould or forward material at this stage anyway .. Could surprise but would not be too hopeful .

Could he be a bit of a dark horse? When you look at our outside backs there is really only Elliott and some untried rookies as depth. I have not seen much of him but from all reports he is quite an athlete and a strong defender. At 8 feet tall with this new rule of no tackling in the air he could turn out to be a real weapon/asset. The game is always changing and this new rule will now benefit the tall wingers who can catch. I know he is primarily a centre but maybe Des might look to set him up as a winger.

Could be.

didn't he get drafted in pretty quick last year. Parker was out and Smith thrown in? Then Smith got injured.

I don't know much about him but the usual 'In Des and Co we trust' and he may be that shiny diamond we're after, applies.

Could be.

didn't he get drafted in pretty quick last year. Parker was out and Smith thrown in? Then Smith got injured.

I don't know much about him but the usual 'In Des and Co we trust' and he may be that shiny diamond we're after, applies.
Personally didn't like his efforts in only a few games I seen including NSW Cup.
Could beat a tackle and has a go, but missed a few tackles and not a player with that X factor....pity Musgrove didn't stick around, looked the goods.
Where we can all feel pretty excited is that young Hoppa, Ben Turbo are Super talents and will fill these positions over the next 1-2 years and could be Superstars....with Ben Turbo imo, just as good option with a few more kg playing backrow and terrorising the edges...

Poor bugger doesn't even have a highlights reel .... but good luck to him .... if he beats off challenges from young Hoppa, Funa and Turbo MK111 .... then we will have a very good player ...... may the best man win .....

These are the situations that make being a supporter interesting ... and why more coverage of the reggies is important .....

We need something to talk about. This lad is the greatest unknown in our squad for 2020.
Will he hold down centre at Canterbury Cup?
With the new rules does his height make him a must out on the wing?
Will he be turned into a utility and see some footy in the back row and a potential back up to jetski?
Option 4 all of the above.
Fingers crossed he is in the 9's.

We need something to talk about. This lad is the greatest unknown in our squad for 2020.
Always good for a team's balance to have some alliterative players in the side.
Manly has had a few over the years.
Including 4 who played for Australia, should be quite easy to guess @:)

Always good for a team's balance to have some alliterative players in the side.
Manly has had a few over the years.
Including 4 who played for Australia, should be quite easy to guess @:)
Well that may not have captured everyone’s imagination (!) but I really hope Sam makes the grade, we need him at centre to complete this full set

Fullback: Bob Batty
Wingers: Ron Rowles, Mike McLean
Centre: Chris Close
5/8: Martin Meredith
Halfback: Michael Monaghan
Prop: Doug Daley, Geoff Gerard
Hooker: Cameron Cullen
Second row: Jughead Jones, Peter Peters
Lock: Bill Bradstreet

Bench: Cade Cust, Billy Bainbridge, Steve Symonds, Dragan Durdevic

Coach: Ray Ritchie

Well that may not have captured everyone’s imagination (!) but I really hope Sam makes the grade, we need him at centre to complete this full set

That is being quite imaginative , does Crusher Cleal make the cut .

Tommy Turbo and Ashley Alberts could play centre

It deadset took 1 post for an ironsine to have him moving into the backrow
I was more thinking of putting AFB at fullback could you imagine his kick returns. Move Tom to centre. Then it would free up Sam for the front row it would work because there different body shapes

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2