Sam Kasiano's lost a bit of weight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow truly amazing transformation, what the hell where they doing with him at the bulldogs? He must feel a hundred percent better.

He has the potential - and now the physique - to be a world-class forward. It's not surprising Bellache knew this and 'Fatsiano' will help cover for the good players Melbourne has lost for the 2018 season.
Again, Melbourne is my pick to be minor premiers. Easts have got all the press and two great, and expensive, recruits but Bellache has proven he can transform players . . . George Rose is one of the few exceptions.

Personally I don't know whether Kasiano will be a better player because he looks a lot fitter, as is, he's still only an impact player, unless Bellamy wants to change his style of play and keep him on the field longer.
Kasiano had a lot of impact when he came on the field as an interchange player at 135-40 kg as opposed to 120-25 kg, and his sheer size made it hard for players to grab hold of him and bring him down.

He still hasn't found any of the McDonalds' between his new home and where the Storm train ;)

Seriously though, good luck to the guy. As someone who struggles to keep weight off myself I hope for him he can stay trimmer.

Being able to eat 7 kebabs in one go is nothing to proud of. Congrats you're a pig.

His size was what made him capable of standing and offloading if only in short bursts. Be interesting to see if this continues or he's easier to bring down now he's closer to normal prop weight. Also if he takes to the workload of a leaner man.

Whilst on the weight subject . Our mate Perrett would improve as a player if he lost a bit of weight and improve his level of fitness IMO

Maybe he will lose all effectiveness at a lower weight

Is a joke how players get judged on body shape rather than what they produce. Take Rose as an example, the way he was when he played, he was a handful to bring down. Would he have been a handful playing at 105kg ? Probably not

Glenn Lazarus wasn't a body builder either but was one of the best we've seen

Jamie Lyon never looked like an Adonis, I'd take him over any other centre that's been in the comp that has a similar body type to Matt Cooper

Is a joke how players get judged on body shape rather than what they produce. Take Rose as an example, the way he was when he played, he was a handful to bring down. Would he have been a handful playing at 105kg ? Probably not

Jamie Lyon never looked like an Adonis, I'd take him over any other centre that's been in the comp that has a similar body type to Matt Cooper
Jamie Lyon never looked like Adonis but he never looked liked George Rose either . Rose was a talented footballer but what stalled his NRL career was his weight problems and match fitness . The modern NRL game is faster game and fitness and agility is required .
Glenn Lazarus was not over weight like Geroge Rose, he was solid, agile and managed big minutes on the field
george-rose-01.jpg

Last edited:

Artie Beetson

Jamie Lyon never looked like Adonis but he never looked liked George Rose either . Rose was a talented footballer but what stalled his NRL career was his weight problems and match fitness . The modern NRL game is faster game and fitness and agility is required .
Glenn Lazarus was not over weight like Geroge Rose, he was solid, agile and managed big minutes on the field
View attachment 7268

And here lies the biggest myth, that being over a certain size cookie cutter bodytype means that people are seen as unfit

Rose could have been fitter and weighed less, but maybe that would have taken away all his impact, we will never know

The game is far too robotic and prototype these days that sometimes we miss out on good footballers coz they don't fit a mould

Bellamy failed to keep George Rose in shape.
And here lies the biggest myth, that being over a certain size cookie cutter bodytype means that people are seen as unfit

Rose could have been fitter and weighed less, but maybe that would have taken away all his impact, we will never know

The game is far too robotic and prototype these days that sometimes we miss out on good footballers coz they don't fit a mould
Modern NRL is fast pace and the fittest keep up with the pace .
There is no place for fat in the NRL but only fit .

Modern RL fitness testing ......
Excess body fat would affect the player's ability to move freely around the field, and the extra weight will increase fatigue during the game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2