Sam Burgess????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagleheart

Bencher
I just read the below comment (not made by me btw) from the Sydney Morning Herald League HQ website, would be interested to hear some of your thoughts on it...! Did Burgess throw any punches at all, as I could not see from where I was sitting on family hill. :-/

......."Refereeing in Rugby League has become a joke. In under 18's the kids are taught the tough love policy whereby if you throw a puch you are automatically suspended for a week, I just watched Sam Burgess come in and take the game into his own hands , throw punches, not get sent off or put on report and he will walk away scot free. He should habve been sent off or put on report - what message does this send to the young adults that play this game? Congrats NRL on making the game inconsistent acroos the levels that you control and sending mixed messages as to what is accpetable. If it truly is NRL then there should be a National set of discipliary rules from internationals up - makes the expectation pretty easy really!............"

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/rugby-league-match-centre/live-sea-eagles-v-rabbitohs-20130426-2ijdo.html?reload=true

He came flying in like a windmill and instigated the brawl but it is obviously fine for him to do so, just like it was fine for Brett to run in during the scum brawl. Brett got charged as did Robbo and a few others, lets see what happens here........

Cat should have been binned for his Creagh style "Italian" attack: hit from behind then "abort abort"!!

Surprised he did not get 10 minutes in the bin for throwing punches and starting the fight. Manly did not even get a penalty from it which stinks of bias.

He came running in and shoved matai, foran retaliated and shoved him back and then burgess starting throwing punches every where.

Seems whether or not you go in the bin is determined by status. A nuffie would have got a 10 min rest.
Burgess must have joined the 'big 3 and other key QLDers' untouchable list.
Pays to be a chan 9 darling.

If you want Burgess in the bin then you do realize that Foran follows ?

Im happy for both to stay on the park, it's rugby league not netball

His brother had a nice look at the ref's before deciding to stay down like he'd been shot.

Not surprised being Anzac weekend.

George did a Soward and Sam did a Creagh. Their mother would be so proud.

The tackle wasn't high and wouldn't have been a penalty if there was no fight, so Burgess was actually rewarded for throwing punches.

If there's no fight it's a Souths knock on and a Manly ball.

Matai 2 Burgess Boys 0
Towelled both them up. No one in the NRL has been able to get on top of either of them, and Matai cleaned up both of them up in 1 night!
Beast!!

It amazes me that a man with a head the size of Jupiter, could have such little intelligence !! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, one Sam Burgess:

45660_602186836475577_1076611035_n.png

Honestly, what IS doing?

Burgess came in and pushed Matai in the back, then Keiran came in and pushed Burgess and they both threw punches. Matai's hit was was high and even though the first point of contact was the ball, he still made contact with the head. I think the refs got it right in the end. The "brawl" was minor with no real harm done and Burgess's push wasn't enough to draw the penalty over Matai's high shot.

After seeing the way Burgess handles himself, it was odd to see him run in and push someone in the back, then run away. However, I was happy to see how Manly handled the bigger Souths players, never taking a backward step..... (unlike Burgess) so to speak!

None of the monster burgess boys got over any Manly player in attack or defense for the whole match including Foz in the brawl.

Ryan said:
It amazes me that a man with a head the size of Jupiter, could have such little intelligence !! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, one Sam Burgess:

45660_602186836475577_1076611035_n.png

Honestly, what IS doing?

2C892qt.jpg

*apologies to the puffins.

Kiwi Eagle said:
If you want Burgess in the bin then you do realize that Foran follows ?

Im happy for both to stay on the park, it's rugby league not netball

they made the 3rd man rule a few years ago for the exact burgess type thing. Foran did not have to follow.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4