Salary Cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

hozza

Bencher
Until our roster is managed properly we are going to struggle year in year out. We have 3 players on 3mil +, which is just ridiculous!
We have a 1.3 mil halfback dud
1 mil fullback who can’t finish a season
And a 800k lock who is full of heart but not a game breaker. It’s just way too unbalanced.

We 100% need to shift Dce. He is not a leader, struggles to manage a game and is quite simply a player who divides opinion. Just look at this forum, you are either in the for Dce camp or against Dce camp. I’m guessing the playing group is no different. And that is the exact opposite of what a captain should be.

Think of our last premiership captain J Lyon. I’m pretty sure the players in that side ALL loved him and were willing to bleed for him. Toovey, If you said a bad word about him around M Carrol he’d fuk you up, and that’s 20yrs on. That’s a captain..

Absolutely zero point in purging players that aren’t even first graders, to only bring in players that aren’t first graders.. get rid of Dce and we open up 1.3 mil per season! That’s huge, it brings balance. We could sign 3 quality players for that..

Angus Crighton $500k
Addo Carr $400k
Decent hooker 400k or a young half. These players are just an example..

Or insert players here.

Until our roster is managed properly we are going to struggle year in year out. We have 3 players on 3mil +, which is just ridiculous!
We have a 1.3 mil halfback dud
1 mil fullback who can’t finish a season
And a 800k lock who is full of heart but not a game breaker. It’s just way too unbalanced.

We 100% need to shift Dce. He is not a leader, struggles to manage a game and is quite simply a player who divides opinion. Just look at this forum, you are either in the for Dce camp or against Dce camp. I’m guessing the playing group is no different. And that is the exact opposite of what a captain should be.

Think of our last premiership captain J Lyon. I’m pretty sure the players in that side ALL loved him and were willing to bleed for him. Toovey, If you said a bad word about him around M Carrol he’d fuk you up, and that’s 20yrs on. That’s a captain..

Absolutely zero point in purging players that aren’t even first graders, to only bring in players that aren’t first graders.. get rid of Dce and we open up 1.3 mil per season! That’s huge, it brings balance. We could sign 3 quality players for that..

Angus Crighton $500k
Addo Carr $400k
Decent hooker 400k or a young half. These players are just an example..

Or insert players here.

Oh look, another 'educated' post.

So let me get this straight, you want to get rid of DCE who is:
  • Our captain
  • Current Qld Captain
  • Australian Halfback
  • the only premiership winning player in our 17 week in week out
  • 2nd for try assists and equal 3rd for line break assists in the 2020 season (where will all our opportunities come from if you remove DCE?)

If you compare that to what other halves in the comp are getting paid, we've got a pretty good deal for DCE.

I notice that you've failed to name a replacement for him.... Please make sure you do so I can see which player in the comp will lay on as many tries as him this season without his other 3 spine players.

• Our captain
  • Current Qld Captain
  • Australian Halfback
  • 2nd for try assists and equal 3rd for line break assists in the 2020 season (where will all our opportunities come from if you remove DCE?)

If you compare that to what other halves in the comp are getting paid, we've got a pretty good deal for DCE.

I notice that you've failed to name a replacement for him.... Please make sure you do so I can see which player in the comp will lay on as many tries as him this season without his other 3 spine players.
[/
100% I want him released, regardless of him being Qld and Australian representative.

And I’d take at least 5-6 other halfbacks in the comp over him, in a heartbeat.

Crighton is on nowhere near a mil. And is on the outer at the roosters. But you completely missed the point...
Chricton went to roosters from souths for 900k.. whats the point? Signing players for way less than their on or will come for?? Care to elaborate ?

So, what players are they? Guarantee you'll have to pay at least $750,000 for any decent option that isn't a rookie with less than 50-100 games to get them away from their current club.

So we get rid of DCE and his $1.3M a season contract with the following points;

• He's most likely got $100K a season in third party deals
  • Another $200K of his contract will be paid by the NRL for longevity service (excluding Taufua if he is released too as he also falls under that).

That leaves you $1M once you take off that $300K. Then you take of the $750K for a quality halves replacement, remembering a rookie won't work if you've also got Schuster in the halves next year.

So we're left with $250K... please tell me the two quality players we'll sign for that amount.

Any team with Taupau, Fainu, Chez, Walker, Suli, Foran, Saab, Turbo, Jake, Schuster and Siro should be contenders. No excuses! No reason not to be top 4 every year

So, what players are they? Guarantee you'll have to pay at least $750,000 for any decent option that isn't a rookie with less than 50-100 games to get them away from their current club.

So we get rid of DCE and his $1.3M a season contract with the following points;

• He's most likely got $100K a season in third party deals
  • Another $200K of his contract will be paid by the NRL for longevity service (excluding Taufua if he is released too as he also falls under that).

That leaves you $1M once you take off that $300K. Then you take of the $750K for a quality halves replacement, remembering a rookie won't work if you've also got Schuster in the halves next year.

So we're left with $250K... please tell me the two quality players we'll sign for that amount.
Mate your making up numbers. But I’ll play your game..
Schuster gets his 5/8th role already on a current contract so zero out of that.
I’d have a huge crack at Lam from the Roosters
Probably get him for 200-300k MAX. 2011 Des proved he can take a rookie half to a premiership.
That leaves 500k in your book.
I’d probably go after Addo Carr to add speed. 500k also covers Turbo.
Add to that that we have the $850k from AFB, I’d get 2 edge backrowers for that. Say Garner and young Sironen. Now our side starts to look balanced.
1. Turbo
2.Ado Car
3. Walker
4.suli/funa/Harper
5. Garrick/funa/Hoppa
6.Shuster
7.Lam
8. Taupau
9. Fainu ( hopefully)
10.paseka
11. B Sironen
12. C Sironen
13. Jake

14.Garner
15. Gosiewski
16. Keppie
17. Cust/ another cheap hooker

I just learned that apparently we are paying 100K of Api's salary at Penrith this underlines the folly of the decision to allow him to go. The decision to do that has absolutely killed us this season!
Especially as AFB being on $850K per season in 2021 & 2022 would have influenced that decision and now he is gone... maybe Api would be keen to come back and help out after he wins another premiership ring?

I just learned that apparently we are paying 100K of Api's salary at Penrith this underlines the folly of the decision to allow him to go. The decision to do that has absolutely killed us this season!
How fckng ridiculous is that ? Who makes these stupid decisions ? No wonder the players motivation, passion and will to win is at an all time low. Our club officials need to take a good look at how they are managing this fckng circus with decisions like this. Really pissed off if this news is correct.

How fckng ridiculous is that ? Who makes these stupid decisions ? No wonder the players motivation, passion and will to win is at an all time low. Our club officials need to take a good look at how they are managing this fckng circus with decisions like this. Really pissed off if this news is correct.
It was mentioned on NRL 360. They were discussing Penrith and Api is the buy of the year in their opinion. I agree with that and I hope they win a premiership as they richly deserve it.

Only playing $100K to another club is actually a low amount compared to what other clubs will pay.

Also, you can't blame the club for putting the faith in Fainu. He was the better option to go with at the time when you consider having your fullback and hooker locked in long term is a huge bonus and Api had also suffered a few injuries in the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

• Our captain
  • Current Qld Captain
  • Australian Halfback
You forgot 2 vital stats that a $1.25M premier playmaker MUST provide for a team to be successful.

Kicks from tries - Manly - LAST in NRL
Goal line dropout repeat sets - Manly - LAST in NRL

Only playing $100K to another club is actually a low amount compared to what other clubs will pay.

Also, you can't blame the club for putting the faith in Fainu. He was the better option to go with at the time when you consider having your fullback and hooker locked in long term is a huge bonus and Api had also suffered a few injuries in the 2018 and 2019 seasons.
If its any bonus.. we will have an extra 100k to spend for next season!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2