Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thought this is worth posting again.

From Roy master article in the SMH.

It is widely believed the delay in prosecuting powerful agents over the Parramatta breaches has been caused through implied threats by them to out NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg over some perceived breach he committed while boss at Canterbury.

350k over 5 years. Thats nothing. Standard for most clubs to be around 50k to 100k over each year. Will just be a fine.
Agree :nod:

I can't think of 2 officials who have been at Manly for 5 years and dealt with monies either :think:

Bad publicity, but no distractions in 2018 season at least :happy:

Last edited:
Manly Sea Eagles face NRL sanctions over potential salary cap breaches

MANLY have almost certainly cost themselves the chance at signing Trent Hodkinson or Todd Carney after revelations of salary cap rorting.

The NRL have issued the Sea Eagles a breach notice after concluding its investigation into potential breaches of the salary cap over the last five years.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Sea Eagles’ salary cap breaches are very similar, albeit on a smaller scale, to the Parramatta Eels’ situation of 2016 where the club has become involved in organising third-party payments.

It’s believed the Sea Eagles are in breach by up to $400,000, which, as part of its punishment, the NRL will put on to next year’s salary cap.

That means the Sea Eagles, who released halfback Blake Green to the New Zealand Warriors and missed out on signing Mitchell Pearce, will not have enough money in their salary cap to chase a replacement No.7.

The Sea Eagles face a hefty fine, although it’s believed they may be spared a points deduction.

In a release issued this afternoon, the NRL said they would give the Sea Eagles five days to respond “but given the seriousness of the allegations, the NRL would consider a request for an extension of time”.

Show cause notices have also been issued to two current Manly officials, requiring them to demonstrate why their registrations should not be cancelled.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/107b4b6e73b41db33c00d74e53a2cbaa
We offered pearce 900k probably why nrl rejected it.

Wont cost us carney or trent though come on

If we need to shed players then Lewis Brown could be one .
The worst part out of all this is that I can’t call Storm and Eels fans salary cap cheats anymore haha

How does Maloney's contract get approved at the riff? They don't even need an investigation to find evidence of a club sourced 3rd party deal. It's open for all to see. Interesting what gets looked into and what doesn't NRL!
How many other penrith 3rd party deals were organised by the club?

350k over 5 years. We really struggle to get tpas. Broncos and dogs and the riff would have that organised for one player over a single season.

Tpas are a joke. Scrap them

How many other penrith 3rd party deals were organised by the club?

350k over 5 years. We really struggle to get tpas. Broncos and dogs and the riff would have that organised for one player over a single season.

Tpas are a joke. Scrap them
The only joke I can see here is that we are not as smart as the others that can use the 3rd party deals affectively .

Geez this is hugely overblown. "significant" is a word that will get you plenty of views Buzz, good on ya. Although bull**** we will get a big punishment for such a petty rort. 350K organised Tpa's in 5 years! Lol, we didn't actually go over the cap at any point as far as I know

I wish Mr Gorman or Penn would get on the front foot on this and say something.
I'm sure they are getting legal advice as we speak before issuing any statements.

This actually makes the NRL look bad if you think about it . The initial allegations / findings came out of a police strike force investigation into match fixing . The NRL can’t tell their head from their arse.
The NRL has no idea . Can only imagine all the other clubs who are doing this laughing at Greenberg and his cronies right now . Please howl me down or correct me if I stated anything wrong in this post .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4