Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
this x50.

most other journos, i'd have a chuckle, but Kate is one who knows her stuff and doesn't fling rubbish around to get her name in lights like most others. When she is on your trail there has to be a smell about somewhere. Her track record speaks for itself.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ce-into-nrl-match-fixing-20160907-grb4kj.html

Might want to do some research mate. She is the same hack journo who broke the match fixing allegations.

this x50.

most other journos, i'd have a chuckle, but Kate is one who knows her stuff and doesn't fling rubbish around to get her name in lights like most others. When she is on your trail there has to be a smell about somewhere. Her track record speaks for itself.

I agree, but I think Hayson is her target, not us. I just hope we don't get caught up in the crossfire.

Isn't Kate McClymont a worn out old piece of Chux superwipe. Fair dinkum I'm surprised she wasn't pensioned off with the other broken down hacks from Fairfax during the last round of staff reductions.

Take solace that the putrid, festering publication that is the SMH is staggering like a herpes infected drunk to oblivion.
You've convinced me. No more SMH subscription.

Hmmmm, Melbourne must be worried, they "maybe" get one of their scumbag cronies to suggest we have broken the salary cap so they don't have to face us in the Finals. Based on who has the most to loose, I would hate that they would be THAT bitter!

A payment in the car park for payment of $4,500 for a previous player? Seriously! With the amount of access the NRL has, there is no way this could happen. I have said continually that all 3rd party arrangements should be registered with the NRL with a club cap, no exceptions, that makes the competition fair? But their again I'm just a previous sponsor and a lover of Manly Football, but who give a rats!

I hope they find this person and drag him through the courts and bury him. I take pride in the fact 1) we have never and only club that has won the wooden spoon, and 2) the only NRL team not to cheat the salary cap. If it's true I will be devastated.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ce-into-nrl-match-fixing-20160907-grb4kj.html

Might want to do some research mate. She is the same hack journo who broke the match fixing allegations.

which wouldn't be still dragging on all this time later if there wasn't smoke... it would've long been officially dismissed by the police ages ago if it was.

You can't just decide to believe one little tucked away line of as fact because it suits when it is equally as much "speculation" / "sources say" as the rest of the article is. Take the goggles off for a minute there, and take your own advice and do a little research on where many of her investigations have led. I wouldn't want her on my trail if i had something do hide. Her shovel is a good one.

Ooh. All a bit touchy aren't we?
I love watching my team but anyone who thinks Rugby League is a squeaky clean game is kidding themselves. And so if every other club is trying to ease their way around the Cap then why not us?
I hope not but there are a couple of people in power positions at the club who I believe would do anything to win. Again, I hope that's not the case.
And as for all the claims here that McClymont is a washed up hack: ask a former Premier and two former State ministers what they think of that.
And I agree that her interest in all of this is now and has always been Heyson.
And which club had him as a regular in the dressing room?
Go Manly!

Ooh. All a bit touchy aren't we?
I love watching my team but anyone who thinks Rugby League is a squeaky clean game is kidding themselves. And so if every other club is trying to ease their way around the Cap then why not us?
I hope not but there are a couple of people in power positions at the club who I believe would do anything to win. Again, I hope that's not the case.
And as for all the claims here that McClymont is a washed up hack: ask a former Premier and two former State ministers what they think of that.
And I agree that her interest in all of this is now and has always been Heyson.
And which club had him as a regular in the dressing room?
Go Manly!
Heyson and Manly is old news.

The only thing scandalous is the story. Full of hearsay and innuendo. The police were investigating match fixing and have no authority to investigate salary cap breaches, let alone release any information privy to their investigation to any other party. Unless the NRL has any other evidence in their possession, they would have acted earlier and not in conjunction with this totally separate issue. So case closed.

Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.. Taking all sentitment out of it, the entire nrl has come across as filthy and corrupt for how many years now??

Look at the complete at utter s@$t the Manly front office has been for the last decade... Look at the match fixing allegations and who was mostly hinted at being involved... In seasons past with guys like the stewarts,watmoughs,matais,forans,dce all on at once, i wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if it was true...

I hope not obviously, but the way this league has been going, all i really give a crap about is the 80 minutes i watch each week.. The rest, meh.. Been over it since well before the penns shafted delmege

Masoud names Myles and Dylan Walker as the players named for investigation over 3rd party payments they have so called not received. This really is looking pretty flimsy. Put up or shut up I think!!!
Exactly. Manboib conflated alleged non-payments with the Eddie H/McFlymont feud, and turned it into an anti-Manly firestorm.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4