Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely it must be time to the club to sue the NRL for defamation. Match fixing and now salary cap rotting. Based on whispers apparently ...

Was the NRL 'raid' this week a distraction to our players? Probably not, although ... quite a few of them are new to the Sea Eagles and not yet steeped in our rich tradition of 'no-one likes us and we don't care'...

Just heard on a news report (apparently source is The Australian) that the NRL are threatening 'sanctions' to Manly over the Club's refusal to hand over personal computers and devices.
Anyone know anything about this?

Just heard on a news report (apparently source is The Australian) that the NRL are threatening 'sanctions' to Manly over the Club's refusal to hand over personal computers and devices.
Anyone know anything about this?
Brent Reed spoke of it last night on MMM. Said the NRL want those devices.

They are NOT the police.

From the SMH

The integrity of the NRL is under a cloud amid revelations that players from several clubs have taken secret benefits or cash payments in likely breach of salary cap rules.

The Manly Sea Eagles is suspected of breaching the salary cap via secret payments to at least one player in previous seasons, according to information gathered by NSW police and NRL officials.

Didn't they have this issue last year including the match fixing but it was thrown out? Although I can understand people saying its to shake a club up that has rapidly moved from underpeformed to being a top 8 team. But would the investigation teams really invest the funds and man hours into something unless they have sufficient amount of evidence? It only takes one bad apple within an organisation to have made a bad decision...if it comes back to bite Manly in the are thats a bib, big loss as they're priately owned. They can't bounce back like Parra...

Heard through a friend who plays golf with a staff member of the NRL that the NRL are furious that Manly wont pass over the info they need and are threatening to have us play for no points.

He is a good mate but a Souths supporter who hates Manly so I'm sure he was fishing around to get the answer he wanted to hear.

It will be interesting if the NRL decides to issues sanctions against us for noncooperation. This whole investigation has been played out in a backdrop of leaks to the media which has fed the anti-Manly frenzy that we are seeing. Legally it would be interesting on what the club can do moving forward. I get the feeling that the NRL are painting themselves into a corner cause Manly should rightly say, well if you are going to investigate us and want to see our phones, computers etc, they this must also apply to the so called other alleged clubs that have been implicated but not so far named. The whole process has been very unprofessional!!

You really don't know much about investigation teams, do you. Or politics.

Not really when it comes to the grounds of investigation because im not a professional. But there is nothing wrong with that. Im simply inquiring others thoughts and opinions, as afterall this is a forum/thread where people SHARE OPINIONS, THOUGHTS. Who made you Mr self riteous. If you know it all...please feel free to share your expetise.

Even though we are a privately owned company I'm sure somewhere I read or heard that all clubs still are required to hand over information relating to the running of the football team.
Yes they aren't the police and yes we are privately owned, but the NRL basically says that if you want to play in our competition, then you will follow certain rules and these rules say that in the event of potential salary cap breach, all docs etc need to be handed over?...
Could be wrong but Im sure thats what I heard.

Any organisation can make whatever rules they want ... and in a contractual sense they are enforcable right up until they contravene a "real" law.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6