Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok, appeal over, get this coaching **** sorted now. Hopefully then the playing group can get together and say, we are it, let's give it our best shot. That's all we can hope for.

If I was being totally unrealistic I'd say now that this is over let's hope we can have a drama free season and see a strong team culture, but that would be very un-Manly post 2011 like wouldn't it.

Top of my Xmas wishlist is a coach not lacking in testicular fortitude, ie a coach with balls the size of grapefruits...

gomer_pyle.jpg
Pyle of Gomer or are you referring to the other stinky pile?

With NRL logo now all green we all know what effect that has....

The goose even altered the logo to match his name and the colour that oozes from him

And isn't this just typical News Ltd reporting...Headlines on their sport page website... Not once but 3 times side by side.

‘Despair’ as Manly cap whack announced

THE NRL has announced its final salary cap punishment against the Sea Eagles after a dire ruling from the appeals tribunal.

NRL
Whack! Manly’s salary cap penalties confirmed

MANLY’s appeal against their salary cap penalties has been knocked back, and some hefty punishment has been handed down to the Sea Eagles.

NRL
Sea Eagles’ salary cap appeal knocked back

MANLY had taken their case to the NRL appeals committee after they were slugged with a $500,000 fine and had $660,000 stripped from their salary cap for 2018 and 2019

The "but others are doing it too" excuse doesn't sit well with me. Those in business would know just because your competitors are doing it doesn't make it right.
Just another day in the Penn era, tarnished for life over the stupid acts of a few.

In all seriousness. This means Jack. $330k applied this year. So we are talking $330k next year! The Salary Cap next year is 9.6 million. One third party deal would probably mean the club is completely unaffected.

Storm in a teacup.

Will make the forum interesting.. However i would like to think that the wheels have been in motion in the background knowing that the appeal was no certainty to be overturned.

Lyall said as much so in his email to the members not too long ago about moving forward regardless of the outcome of the appeal.

We have always been on the losing end since Penn,why would this case be any different ,its THEIR "Culture".
Everyone whines about Roosters ,Storm ,Bronco's ,the only difference is that they have proffesionals running their show, who know how to get things done.
Penn also owns the rights to "The Biggest Loser",unfortunately it seems to echo through all their endeavours.
Pay peanuts ,get monkeys .And we have a f#cking zoo full.

Last edited:
Definition of Cheating "Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage".Thats what I am getting at, If there was another team in the NRL that was paying more than us in total even if it was through so called legit TPA's, then we had no advantage and so we are not cheats. We are bad at managing our contracts but we are not cheats.

The "but others are doing it too" excuse doesn't sit well with me. Those in business would know just because your competitors are doing it doesn't make it right.
Just another day in the Penn era, tarnished for life over the stupid acts of a few.
I'm not considering them guilty. It might be my one-eyedness but why would the club spend a lot of money on an appeal if they believed they were guilty? Remember this all started with the match-fixing rubbish. I honestly believe Greenturd wanted to nail us for something. He got his way.
The rosters of other clubs tell the story of what's really going on.
Billy Slater getting the origin medal tells the same story.
Slater getting cleared of the shoulder charge? Imagine if it was done to Slater instead of the other way around?
The predictability of a Storm/Roosters GF outlines the flaws and corruption in this competition.
Though despite all this I still believe, even though we're on milk crates in demountables, Manly can rise to the top again and shove it so far up Greenberg that his eyes will pop out of his polished head.
Go Manly!

With this announcement , nothing changes my outlook that the guidelines of the Present T P A arrangements are much more erroneous and at fault then any so called technical or really insignificant interpretation type breaches as this instance with Manly and as no doubt would have been a very common practice with all clubs [ and i am sure many clubs who would have had much worse instances then Manly "s and of course which will be never investigated ] . Again providing all club T P A "s are fully and transparently disclosed and as was clearly the case with Manly here . what does it really matter to what degree the club or certain club officials initiate or make initial approaches to prospective or possibly interested third party sponsors and to then allow the manager and his client contracted existing player or more likely in a negotiation stage , a player on the market to then allow to continue and quite possibly then finalize such third party endorsement or sponsorship . In the realistic and practical sense and again providing all of the T P A 's are all officially disclosed and listed to the N R L , again what should it really matter or be such a supposed improper activity . Every sensible conclusion would again surely indicate a very low level discrepancy , again Big Deal whether a club official does or does not make the initial moves to facilitate or help organize a player T P A , again as long as it is fully disclosed , which they all were in this instance with Manly and completely unlike the Eels instance in recent times when there was total intent to deceive the N R L . Again if there was to be a similar analogy to the Slater situation , where there was a high degree of leniency and tolerance applied , Manly would not have been penalized as again just in the minor case of a technical breach , they should not have . Also again in all fairness to give the Penns their due , they could have just rolled over when the N R L first imposed their grubby and agenda motivated ruling , they stumped up some very serious coin [ also admittedly for their own reputational standing ] to challenge it and based on strong [ if it really came to the letter of the law , ] quite valid arguments and to defend the club "s reputation and image . That they were not successful is not an unfavorable or negative indictment or reflection on them or the Manly club but on a more balanced and club land realistic and general T P A practices level , a bad and unflattering reflection on Greenberg and his petty and inept cronies .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4