Salary cap management. Have a crack.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So the Cap is set at 9.6million for 2019. That covers the top 30 players.

With all the talk around Gutho and his 'worth' depending on position is it really that easy to juggle a 30 man roster?

What worth do you put against any one position? Let's look at our beloved team.
Do you agree or disagree on the below figures?

Fullback - TT - 800k - 900k
Wing - Jorge - 350k
Centre - Walker 600k
Centre - suli - 300k
Wing - Garrick - 300k
5/8 - LG - 400k
Half - DCE - 1.1mil
Lock - Jurbo - 650k
Second row - Sirro - 450k
Second row - Thomson - 450k
Prop - AFB - 500k
Hooker - api - 500k
Prop - Marty - 650k

So the top 13 in my estimate adds up to about 7 million leaving just 2.6 for another 17 players.

Would you adjust any of those positions net worth?

Gutho for instance wants 700k which is too much for a centre surely? Again decent 5/8 would be 500 - 600 k...

It's a tricky business.

Disagree, as nobody knows the TPA component of their contract nor the many 'allowance' amounts such as marquee player, education...

If you attempted to itemize the Rorters 2019 or Scumos 2017 or the Cows 2016 Rosters, could they have equated to that year's Cap :think:

Manly now have a committee for contracts and we need to trust them to balance their roster and Cap :nerd:

Try doing it for the roosters then!
Teddy 1 mill
Toupu 350
Mitchell 650+
Auberson 400 manu 300
Ikulavu 250
Keary 700
Cronk 1 mill
Radley 900
Cordner 750
Creighton 850
Jwh 600
Friend 500
Taukeiaho 350+

Ryan hall
Lam
Lamb
Morris b
Liu
Tetavano

The numbers I put up are guessing but FMD how is it not under investigation

Disagree, as nobody knows the TPA component of their contract nor the many 'allowance' amounts such as marquee player, education...

If you attempted to itemize the Rorters 2019 or Scumos 2017 or the Cows 2016 Rosters, could they have equated to that year's Cap :think:

Manly now have a committee for contracts and we need to trust them to balance their roster and Cap :nerd:

The NRL did publish how much each club has in tpa's

The NRL did publish how much each club has in tpa's
Only published what they were reported. :wait:

So far Manly, Tigers and the Sharks are the only audited Caps.
And the Sharks' 2016 were found to be over if those spreadsheet TPAs were actually paid but as some weren't, the NRL claimed that they were within the Cap :banghead:

Only published what they were reported. :wait:

So far Manly, Tigers and the Sharks are the only audited Caps.
And the Sharks' 2016 were found to be over if those spreadsheet TPAs were actually paid but as some weren't, the NRL claimed that they were within the Cap :banghead:
Maybe. But the NRL sign off on every tpa, even penriths keno one.
My whole point is not that the roosters are compliment but the opposite and it is a ridiculous system.

Ok. Let's look at it in a different way. What's your maximum contract value per position on average.
Eg. DCE is a half. Most tol halves are at least 750 to 1.1mil. Full backs are important so again uo to a mill. But then u have JT as a forward on a million. Something has to give somewhere. Unless you are the roosters?

Teddy 1 mill
Toupu 350
Mitchell 650+
Auberson 400 manu 300
Ikulavu 250
Keary 700
Cronk 1 mill
Radley 900
Cordner 750
Creighton 850
Jwh 600
Friend 500
Taukeiaho 350+

Ryan hall
Lam
Lamb
Morris b
Liu
Tetavano

Even on those numbers the top 13 are chewing over 7 million of a 9.6 cap. No ****in way that they are not roarting the system somehow.

Also you are assuming that every player is paid an even amount of their contract each year which we know is not the case at any club

As I've stayed previously , you'll find DCE's contract or cap hit is closer to 300k, considering marquee player allowance, long serving player announcements, Fox 3rd party implementation, study and vehicle allowances as well as other benefits.

No WAY Garrick, a player unwanted by his previous club is on 300k. He'd be on 100k.

Don't believe the hype around what people tell you players earn guys. Remember everyone , including important media people stating Watmough was on 900k. The NRL accidentally faxing me his contract? He was on nowhere NEAR that coin, and in fact was reducing his amount, to accommodate other players in that transaction (people need to give him credit for that). He was on a FRACTION of that . For those who think I'm telling fibs, I sent copies of the front page (not the contents to Dan and others ) to prove it. I promised Honeywood (was that is name?) I'd be discreet and private, which I have been.

Guarantee this. The Turbos are earning nowhere near that stated (at present)

Teddy 1 mill
Toupu 350
Mitchell 650+
Auberson 400 manu 300
Ikulavu 250
Keary 700
Cronk 1 mill
Radley 900
Cordner 750
Creighton 850
Jwh 600
Friend 500
Taukeiaho 350+

Ryan hall
Lam
Lamb
Morris b
Liu
Tetavano

Yet I'd doubt Radley and Creighton would be on that coin.

Remember peoples that a consideration is also when did you sign a player and for how long ...

What I mean is ... that in your team it would be possible to have a Radley on only $100k ... if you signed him 3 years ago when he was a neville, on a 3 year contract ......

I don't think Walker or Suli will be here next year, and looks like Thommo will be going to the UK. Given our forward pack depth, I think this will make room for one or two substantial backline signings. On the estimates there, that's already well over $1M, so that might leave room for Gutho and another solid player. I would really like to see that!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4