Sad End for Sea Eagles Fan, Hans Schulz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Manly security guard Hans Schulz dies after Broadway shopping centre attack

18 JUN 12 @ 04:42PM BY CHARIS CHANG (Manly Daily)

FRIENDS of a Manly security guard who died while working at Broadway Shopping Centre say he was a generous, happy person who ``didn't deserve to die that way''.

Hans Schulz, 69, died on Sunday night after he was allegedly assaulted while trying to stop a man and a women from breaking into a Wendy's ice cream kiosk.

Yesterday two people were charged with manslaughter in relation to his death.

Mr Schulz, originally from Germany, made Manly his home after arriving in the late 1950s, working in local bars and pubs including the old Ivanhoe, the Manly Memorial Club and Manly Fisho's, since arriving in Australia in the late 1950s.

His flatmate Victoria Fitzgerald said Mr Schulz was very popular among colleagues and friends.

``He was big, German, very generous and very well-known,'' Ms Fitzgerald said. ``He was very pro-Manly and pro-league, he was very interested in the Sea Eagles.''

Ms Fitzgerald shared a Manly flat with Mr Schulz for at least 10 years as he was a friend of her partner Klaus, who died about eight years ago.

Not much is known about his family in Germany as he rarely spoke of them, she said.

Ms Fitzgerald said Mr Schulz had continued to work because he needed to, despite his age.

Six years ago Mr Schulz survived a battle with bowel cancer.

Another friend Nicola Muggeridge said he never complained about his illness. She said Mr Schulz was always willing to share a win on the pokies and to buy a round of drinks in the pub.

``He never had to make arrangements to meet up with anyone, he would just be somewhere and everyone just knew him,'' she said.

Neighbour, Jason, described Mr Schulz as a ``lovely guy, who always had a story to tell''.

``He was gentle, he used to bring home chocolate eggs for the kids at Easter time and hide them in the garden,'' he said.

Jason said Mr Schulz had been talking about cutting back his hours at work. ``He was getting older, it was getting harder for him, he had a sore knee,'' he said.

Yesterday, a 32-year-old man of Randwick and a 27-year-old Maroubra woman were charged with manslaughter.

The man is charged with killing Mr Schulz by punching him, while the woman is charged with killing him by kicking him in the head, court papers showed.

The pair did not appear in Newtown Local Court where their case was mentioned.

The attack was witnessed by two children, aged five and three.

Mr Schulz was taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Magistrate Margaret Quinn adjourned the matter to Central Local Court on June 26.

If the news report I saw tonight was correct....unbelievably those 2 children aged 5 & 3 who witnessed the attack were the children of the two adult attackers.

Jatz Crackers said:
If the news report I saw tonight was correct....unbelievably those 2 children aged 5 & 3 who witnessed the attack were the children of the two adult attackers.

Yes, that is what I heard on the radio as well.

My word, the wrong people breed too often in my opinion.

Manslaughter? People like this can't be rehabilitated. Bashing an old man to death, should get life.

RIP Hans.

simon_eagle said:
Jatz Crackers said:

My word, the wrong people breed too often in my opinion.

Indeed. We need a licence to own a pet, but when it comes to children.......

Jatz Crackers said:

Yep it was correct. What was even more disgraceful was the mother of the woman attacker whinging on the news because the children will be without their mother if/ when she goes to jail. Please- cry me a river- the kids would clearly be better off without her.
RIP Hans- may your attackers rot in jail!

RIP Hans, very sad.

Manslaughter, something is wrong with this system....its murder...

Was shocked to hear of this attack on an old man, reports in Brisbane had none of the Manly content.

A disgracefull act by a pair of animals who should rot forever in whatever hole they put them in.

These two should be taken care of Russian style.

That sucks.

RIP Hans.

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/bashed-security-guard-may-have-misread-alleged-breakin-20120618-20kbm.html

Of course media need to spin all angles

RIP Hans, terrible that his life ended in such an violent way. I hope justice is served!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2