#sackcartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Do you want John Cartwright to our Head Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 91.7%

• Total voters
Just my opinion man. I am not thrilled at him being coach but I want to see him have a chance before I judge. I understand he hasn't hot the most glorious past of record but you never know he may just be one of our greats, but also a large chance he will be a flop. Don't worry if we have a poor start to season watch me jump ship very quickly but still I would like to see him given a chance at our head cosching role.

Okay, so how about his record as it stands with us? Remember, he's already 2IC.

1. Worst ever defensive record with any Manly team (dead last).

2. Split and fractured playing group (it's not all Barrett, Cartwright is his assistant).

3. Drinking culture

4. Attitude when we are getting thrashed at Brookvale.

Forget past results if that's what you want to do. Answer your mitigants to the points above about his CURRENT Sea Eagles results.

I like most would be devastated if that pretender gets the head coach gig. Fan morale is at an all time low and we all need a boost ffs and to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Its false economy to skimp on a crap coach to save a few bucks because noone will be at the games, noone will buy merchandise and sponsors will run. Worth paying for a coach we can all support and have some belief that they can and will get us back to where we need to be imo. Go Manly

2019 season will be a great season for me to take up fishing and golf. As I see it, the reality is as follows;

We will never be the Manly we were, until, we have a head coach that genuinely has our club at heart (yes 2v).

The day Cartwrongs nephew scored against us, and he had a big smile on his face was the day that he not only needed a flogging, but, it made me well aware that he didn’t belong anywhere near our club.

It’s a huge NO from me. It has nothing to do with giving him a chance, it has all to do with he doesnt deserve one.

Okay, so how about his record as it stands with us? Remember, he's already 2IC.

1. Worst ever defensive record with any Manly team (dead last).

2. Split and fractured playing group (it's not all Barrett, Cartwright is his assistant).

3. Drinking culture

4. Attitude when we are getting thrashed at Brookvale.

Forget past results if that's what you want to do. Answer your mitigants to the points above about his CURRENT Sea Eagles results.
Past results are the manly results also. I know it's a long shot but something might change over the off season, might laugh it but off seasons can change a lot of things, including and attitude and mindset. He deserves a chance is all I'm saying.

Looking at things with some perspective, if Neil Henry is a done deal and has been for some time, would it not be plausible that the talk of Cartwright from Zorba etc is simply somewhat of a diversion to show we are still 'looking into' new coaching options whilst all this rubbish with Barrett is ongoing?

In a business sense the Penn’s have / will lose a lot of “ customers” over this year.

Now we’ve heard that as customers we are just a commodity and they don’t give a ****.

To be honest whilst this might be “ the leaks “ view I doubt it’s anyone else.

So based on this alone at least looking like it’s a “ new start” should be considered.

If we get the “ same old same old” in 2019 as a result of Mr Fluffy doing it on the cheap , then I really fear that we might be belly up by the end of next season.

Johnny Cartwright. It's not like us to go for the cheapest option is it ???? And added bonus is it saves having to advertise for a new coach ( that's expensive ) and there's nobody left to actually conduct an interview or appoint someone else anyway. And lets face it old Johnny would be happy for any gig.

Ok so that bloke inside the Igor Eagle suit is looking for a new gig let's make him Assistant coach, Lyall Gorman moves to Media Manager, find a bloke on the hill at Brookie on gameday wearing one of those old retro Pioneer Stereo jerseys and make him CEO and chief furniture installer. If this re-shake doesn't work just move the musical chairs around ... and give any remaining unfilled jobs to the nearest Fulton descendant.

In a business sense the Penn’s have / will lose a lot of “ customers” over this year.

Now we’ve heard that as customers we are just a commodity and they don’t give a ****.

To be honest whilst this might be “ the leaks “ view I doubt it’s anyone else.

So based on this alone at least looking like it’s a “ new start” should be considered.

If we get the “ same old same old” in 2019 as a result of Mr Fluffy doing it on the cheap , then I really fear that we might be belly up by the end of next season.
The other side is sponsorship. There are a lot of businesses that sponsor the team and are also fanatical fans: they would have the same feelings in regards to Cartwright etc so their sponsorship $ are now at risk. The larger sponsors (if not Manly fans) will be advertising with a) A great team coached by Hasler, Toovey or Macguire - excellant, let's get on board or,
b) A great team coached by Cartwright - nope, bottom 8 team, move along.

Looking at things with some perspective, if Neil Henry is a done deal and has been for some time, would it not be plausible that the talk of Cartwright from Zorba etc is simply somewhat of a diversion to show we are still 'looking into' new coaching options whilst all this rubbish with Barrett is ongoing?

Mate, are you seriously suggesting Zorb would tell a porky pie?

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10