Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well my highly strung fellow, I must’ve missunderstood your post, I think I get what you mean upon re reading it
It is all about perspective . Fact is you get 100 people reading some ones post and you get different understandings .

I'd be happy (found guilty or not) for walker to be sacked.
I'm happy to go on his wife's initial complaint as enough evidence. If there are also neighbours witness as well then more so.

I would be also happy to sign walker for next year on the condition that he completed some sort of rehab over the rest of the year. As people know those offenders who escalate domestic incidences such as walker is claimed to have done (punching door then assault) usually get worse not better.

Agree with almost everything, except I don’t think the cushy, coddling rehab these guys get sent to is going to have any effect, it’s never more than a PR exercise. We don’t need to be dragged into it next time he stuffs up (and there will be a next time, I’d bet the house on it). So don’t re-sign him, for mine.

Agree with almost everything, except I don’t think the cushy, coddling rehab these guys get sent to is going to have any effect, it’s never more than a PR exercise. We don’t need to be dragged into it next time he stuffs up (and there will be a next time, I’d bet the house on it). So don’t re-sign him, for mine.
I agree that rehab is not always effective but he needs to change his behaviour and there needs to be something in place.
AFB has turned his life around BUT he was remorseful and plead quilty from the start.
A bit different but Russell Packer is a good story of a guy who turned it around.

I live in hope.

I agree that rehab is not always effective but he needs to change his behaviour and there needs to be something in place.
AFB has turned his life around BUT he was remorseful and plead quilty from the start.
A bit different but Russell Packer is a good story of a guy who turned it around.

I live in hope.

Good points, but I think probably the differences are obviously exactly what you stated in AFB’s case, and in Packer’s - well, he faced actual proper consequences, not cushy Thailand rehab. Possibly that did the trick!

Unfortunately, whether he’s found guilty or not, Walker looks like getting the wet lettuce slap yet again, and I don’t think that’ll be any incentive for change.

So if he's found not guilty , what then mate?
Don't be so hasty. Des still has him around the group.

Let this run its course. Not sure Des would be supporting someone so vehemently he is planning on white anting.

Plenty of people are refused bail and then found not guilty, sometimes many many months afterwards. In the law books this comes under the heading "Stiff Sh#t"

But yes I agree, at this stage just let it run its course.

Plenty of people are refused bail and then found not guilty, sometimes many many months afterwards. In the law books this comes under the heading "Stiff Sh#t"

But yes I agree, at this stage just let it run its course.
Lindy Chamberlain

Good points, but I think probably the differences are obviously exactly what you stated in AFB’s case, and in Packer’s - well, he faced actual proper consequences, not cushy Thailand rehab. Possibly that did the trick!

Unfortunately, whether he’s found guilty or not, Walker looks like getting the wet lettuce slap yet again, and I don’t think that’ll be any incentive for change.
Packers story is quite something. Worth reading if you can find it.

I have noticed though that the shrill screaming by some to have Fainu's contract torn up when he got charged has died right down .... hmmm ....

My opinion on Fainu hasn’t changed, FWIW. First offence; stupid, disrespectful, and wrong thing to do, but probably also highlights pretty common cultural issues within the NRL and the social media generation more widely. Has been dealt with and hopefully he’s learned his lesson, if not - then you use a bigger lettuce leaf to slap him next time.

Walker has racked up a few now, so it’s time to put the salad vegetables away and face some proper consequences.

Packers story is quite something. Worth reading if you can find it.

I’ll see what I can find. I don’t mind a proper redemption story, it’s the ones who keep getting a free pass without facing the music that grind my gears. Matt Lodge, for example - different story if he’d paid the victims’ compensation etc, and then they sorted out a pathway for him to play footy again. But the way it was done stinks - yet again someone gets off lightly because they’re good at sport.

very-wise-grasshopper-memes-com-17713457.png
It is all about perspective . Fact is you get 100 people reading some ones post and you get different understandings .

Ahh yes Grasshopper ...

I have heard Walker is very popular with his team mates .

He is a very passionate player
I will never forget the way he took on all the Raisers players verbal attacks and than kicked the winning goal as they were verberly giving to him . After he kicked the winning goal he was ecstatic .

Halser was quoted as saying Dylan will be in our team like flynn as soon as he is cleared . I can see why . I can see past his past

I agree. Won't lie, your earlier commentary on this topic has resonated with me a little bit,.so I'm torn now @yokahontas .

If guilty, piss him straight off. If innocent, well...unsure now....where there's smoke I guess. I just hope he didn't do anything foolishly. And the evidence appears to be quite damning.

I'll stay out of this topic until after the case.

I just need to find myself a new favorite player. But who....that is the question.

I've gone Menzies, Kennedy, Lyon, Walker in that order.

Jake's a dreamboat, might look at him. Clean skin. Great attitude. Love Thompson, but think he's off to greener pastures. Love Crokers resilience, but will he remain in the top team? Love Garrick. Actually, I have massive hopes for Miski !! Used to love Wolfy too, his personality was infectious.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7