Walker cleared to play.

Agree as far as stats show .... however a judge is well aware that stats of abuse in one relationship is not evidence of abuse in another ... apparently an AVO was issued by the police ... and was not retracted but amended to allow them to co-habitate ... sounds like either a duty of care or face saving excercise by the police to me ... or both .... however I do maintain that presenting as a couple and loving parents without drama since the event will do them a lot of good on the day in court ....
But @Woodsie, like the rest of us (and the presiding judge) you can't know the true nature of their relationship on the basis of public appearance. Just like we can't know the whole story around the events that led Walker to be charged.
My guess at this point is that there will not be enough evidence to support a conviction, based on the fact that the lodged AVO was then amended/downgraded to allow cohabitation. But this doesn't mean that nothing has happened and I suspect Dylan will be put through (another?) behavioral course by the club (if not the court) as a precaution. I'm not implying that Dylan is guilty of DV but, unless what was was reported by the media can be explained or discredited, some action will need to be taken.

But @Woodsie, like the rest of us (and the presiding judge) you can't know the true nature of their relationship on the basis of public appearance. Just like we can't know the whole story around the events that led Walker to be charged.
My guess at this point is that there will not be enough evidence to support a conviction, based on the fact that the lodged AVO was then amended/downgraded to allow cohabitation. But this doesn't mean that nothing has happened and I suspect Dylan will be put through (another?) behavioral course by the club (if not the court) as a precaution. I'm not implying that Dylan is guilty of DV but, unless what was was reported by the media can be explained or discredited, some action will need to be taken.

Agree with all that .... and something did happen ... there are witnesses ..... apparently one of them is very upset that when he got involved Dylan gave him a gob full ..... so now we have the classical and historically unrealable witnesses and possible disgruntled neighbour with an axe to grind ... the testimony of the ambulance officer is also relevant .... but again they were dealing with a distraught person who may or may not have said things she meant at the time ..... all that will be tested by I expect a pretty good, experienced and expensive silk ...

It is interesting that everybody is prepared to accuse or speculate about Walker and his issues, but nobody is prepared to suggest that she may be suffering from post natal depression or some condition that has contributed to events .... not that that condones anything ... but may be she is the one getting professional councilling .....

I only added that last paragraph to make the point that none of us have a clue to the nature of their relationship ..... As a Manly fan and a human I just hope they can both get it together .....

Cheers Muzz.

Agree as far as stats show .... however a judge is well aware that stats of abuse in one relationship is not evidence of abuse in another ... apparently an AVO was issued by the police ... and was not retracted but amended to allow them to co-habitate ... sounds like either a duty of care or face saving excercise by the police to me ... or both .... however I do maintain that presenting as a couple and loving parents without drama since the event will do them a lot of good on the day in court ....

An interim AVO allowing both parties to live under the same roof is not at all unusual - I’m sure I’m not the only Silvertails member with experience of that. In some cases, there might be stipulations like not being allowed near the other party if you’ve consumed alcohol or drugs, in a lot of cases it’s just the ‘must not harass, stalk, or intimidate’ the protected party, with no prohibition against being near them or living under the same roof. Bear in mind, AVOs are more often than not taken out by people who have some sort of relationship - and it’s not always of the romantic kind. Plenty are between siblings, parents/kids etc - people who live under the same roof.

I’m also not sure the way any couple presents themselves in court is going to hold sway over a magistrate with experience of DV/family violence issues. Again, it would be more common than not that the dust settles and people make up before the hearing - judges are used to seeing it. And, in an unfortunate proportion of cases, would be used to seeing the ‘united front’ trotted out numerous times (by the same couple) before the victim stops giving the abuser more chances.

An interim AVO allowing both parties to live under the same roof is not at all unusual - I’m sure I’m not the only Silvertails member with experience of that. In some cases, there might be stipulations like not being allowed near the other party if you’ve consumed alcohol or drugs, in a lot of cases it’s just the ‘must not harass, stalk, or intimidate’ the protected party, with no prohibition against being near them or living under the same roof. Bear in mind, AVOs are more often than not taken out by people who have some sort of relationship - and it’s not always of the romantic kind. Plenty are between siblings, parents/kids etc - people who live under the same roof.

I’m also not sure the way any couple presents themselves in court is going to hold sway over a magistrate with experience of DV/family violence issues. Again, it would be more common than not that the dust settles and people make up before the hearing - judges are used to seeing it. And, in an unfortunate proportion of cases, would be used to seeing the ‘united front’ trotted out numerous times (by the same couple) before the victim stops giving the abuser more chances.
My misses thrashes me all the time, usually with a whip, a ball, and with leathers on. I love it, though. She's my Dom, and makes me bark and lick her feet, and drink milk from a bowl.

My misses thrashes me all the time, usually with a whip, a ball, and with leathers on. I love it, though. She's my Dom, and makes me bark and lick her feet, and drink milk from a bowl.
And you love every minute of it

Here here.
I had a temp avo against me because I kicked a drunk and high girl out of my house, who got violent on me!
It was the biggest pain in the are to get rid of because I refused to go along with the system.

Your her gimp aren’t you Ryan :p jokes bro

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...0bdcf64adf53c214afe?__twitter_impression=true

“We think the penalty warrants the behaviour we are trying to put a stop to,” Gardner told the Newcastle Herald.

“Every case will be treated on its merits and obviously, all the facts need to be looked at in any incident but the fine of 25 per cent on the contract will be across the board for everyone.

“Depending on what the incidents are, to go above that, you are looking at suspensions or terminations.”

Gardner expects other clubs to follow the Knights’ lead

-------
Hit them with something more than a wet lettuce :clap:

View attachment 10492 Me

Me too Bob
Pretty cool still after all this time

We may see Don Hasler call in favours from the old family

Mono, Snake ,Donny & I think there will be one more

Wonder if Des gets offers free apples and produce from the fruit shops on the corso

Hey Don Hasler
Take this 100 k for your TPA’s from my family as a mark of respect

Please it would be my privilege Don Hasler
You mean Don Hasleone of the Northern Beaches Crew?

As always I appreciate your knowledge and experience on many matters pertaining to the human condition ..... and whilst there is no doubt the statistical and historical data relating to DV is extensive and accurate ... it is still only a generalisation and cannot be applied accurately to each individual case .... the magistrate may well be aware of the DV figures, however I am either confident or naive enough to believe he is not going to throw the book at someone based on the statistical probabilities of the offence ... that Walker has a legal right to be tried and judged on the evidence of this event and only this event ....

Ha ha.

Just watched those 3 movies again on SBS last week.

Great series. I actually enjoyed the third film as much as the first two, despite being considered not as well made as G1 and G2. Other than the actress who played Pacino's daughter, who was a very average actress, the rest was excellent with interesting historical/political perspective.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...0bdcf64adf53c214afe?__twitter_impression=true

“We think the penalty warrants the behaviour we are trying to put a stop to,” Gardner told the Newcastle Herald.

“Every case will be treated on its merits and obviously, all the facts need to be looked at in any incident but the fine of 25 per cent on the contract will be across the board for everyone.

“Depending on what the incidents are, to go above that, you are looking at suspensions or terminations.”

Gardner expects other clubs to follow the Knights’ lead

-------
Hit them with something more than a wet lettuce :clap:

I'm not condoning the behaviour, but if the rlpa sit on by and allow a club to take 25% of a persons wage.... then they really are 99% useless.

Anyone know where the money goes? It should still remain part of the cap for the club and probably go into some type of .... I dunno...some fund to help victims?

I'm not condoning the behaviour, but if the rlpa sit on by and allow a club to take 25% of a persons wage.... then they really are 99% useless.

Anyone know where the money goes? It should still remain part of the cap for the club and probably go into some type of .... I dunno...some fund to help victims?
Manly had/have a 'Code of Conduct' clause as part of their contracts, so the RLPA would not have a case.
Most contracts have a base pay and then all the bonuses for milestones reached.
Easy enough for an employer to condition those on code of conduct rules being upheld.

Sponsors will have a big say IMO
Players need to be held to societal standards :wait:

As always I appreciate your knowledge and experience on many matters pertaining to the human condition ..... and whilst there is no doubt the statistical and historical data relating to DV is extensive and accurate ... it is still only a generalisation and cannot be applied accurately to each individual case .... the magistrate may well be aware of the DV figures, however I am either confident or naive enough to believe he is not going to throw the book at someone based on the statistical probabilities of the offence ... that Walker has a legal right to be tried and judged on the evidence of this event and only this event ....

Correct - but that’s exactly what I meant. Turning up to court hand in hand with the person you are charged with assaulting isn’t going to weigh favourably either - they should be looking only at the facts of what happened, the witness statements etc. If magistrates were taking the ‘we’ve made up and it’s all fine now, your honour’ thing into account, people would be getting away with all sorts of reprehensible behaviour every day of the week (far worse than what Walker is alleged to have done, incidentally).

Walker"s situation with Manly really should be sorted and determined reasonably soon as there is still a squad to prepare and mould into some type of a competitive unit by next season "s start . Especially with Kelly now gone and the obvious need to try and find some decent combinations and establish some stability in the outside back "s department and with the addition of Elgey to also try to integrate into any worthwhile contribution . . So having one of the back "s highest profile and paid players in some form of limbo is hardly in the best interests of moving the club 's prospects forward in a positive way . Certainly can recognize the need to take into account the legal and community standard issues in regard to Walker"s current situation but again there surely has to be some priority attached to determining his future association with the club quite soon and for the playing squad to be able to move forward with some degree of stability and certainty .

That is an interesting point actually , in that where does any forfeited contract money end up or is directed to . The respective player"s club and to their consolidated revenue , the club"s owner [ owners ] and their financial accounts or back to the N R L who would have initially provided the cap funds allocation .Must be some type of arrangement officially in place and would be interesting to know .

Walker"s situation with Manly really should be sorted and determined reasonably soon as there is still a squad to prepare and mould into some type of a competitive unit by next season "s start . Especially with Kelly now gone and the obvious need to try and find some decent combinations and establish some stability in the outside back "s department and with the addition of Elgey to also try to integrate into any worthwhile contribution . . So having one of the back "s highest profile and paid players in some form of limbo is hardly in the best interests of moving the club 's prospects forward in a positive way . Certainly can recognize the need to take into account the legal and community standard issues in regard to Walker"s current situation but again there surely has to be some priority attached to determining his future association with the club quite soon and for the playing squad to be able to move forward with some degree of stability and certainty .
Excellent point MANLY AL - Des needs to be working on attacking combos right now with the backs, and with this limbo bollocks there's not a lot can be done. Unless the clubs lawyers have already advised the likely trial outcome based on the evidence and Des is already moving forward with a concrete plan, with or without Walker.

Great series. I actually enjoyed the third film as much as the first two, despite being considered not as well made as G1 and G2. Other than the actress who played Pacino's daughter, who was a very average actress, the rest was excellent with interesting historical/political perspective.

Yes she was average but was FFC's daughter none the less.

I thought it was a grade behind the other two (but that is a really tough comparison). The absence of De Niro, Duvall and Brando had an affect but the first two movies looked different to the last, to me anyway.

That said if III was released today as a stand alone movie it would be a smash at the box office. I'd give it 4.5 stars the other pair 5 stars.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2