Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What ever happens I doubt Walker is now In Des’s plans for 2020 as he has become a major liability taking up a large slice of the cap and not having played much football in 2018.

What ever happens I doubt Walker is now In Des’s plans for 2020 as he has become a major liability taking up a large slice of the cap and not having played much football in 2018.
How he performs next season will have a much bigger influence on how Dessie feels about him moving forward I’d imagine. That is if he is cleared to play. Should he tear it up, I can’t see Des shafting him. Any new contract will just be terminated if he stuffs it all up again.

How he performs next season will have a much bigger influence on how Dessie feels about him moving forward I’d imagine. That is if he is cleared to play. Should he tear it up, I can’t see Des shafting him. Any new contract will just be terminated if he stuffs it all up again.
Trouble with similar cases like Walkers is that it's like a mongrel dog biting someone, once they do it once . Hope that's not the case with him . I'm thinking a fine some rehab and a 6 week suspension from the NRL. The rest will be up to Hasler whether his contract is extended beyond 19.

Trouble with similar cases like Walkers is that it's like a mongrel dog biting someone, once they do it once . Hope that's not the case with him . I'm thinking a fine some rehab and a 6 week suspension from the NRL. The rest will be up to Hasler whether his contract is extended beyond 19.

Don't they say cant teach an old dog new tricks?

If des re-signs him it wont be a 600k + contract ever again.
In my view, 600k is a bit too much for a centre anyway, unless they are exceptional. By exceptional, I mean Jamie Lyon or Greg Inglis exceptional and both of these could/can play more than one position to a very high standard.

From Weidler’s Sun-Herald article:

Walker on thin ice
Sponsors of the Sea Eagles are not too happy with the publicity flowing from the charges laid against Dylan Walker. They have been demanding answers.

And there is a distinct feeling from the club they would be happy to see the back of him. Manly are of the view that his latest scandal will be difficult to get over. Some Sea Eagles insiders were secretly hoping the NRL would come down hard on Walker to make it possible for the club to dismiss him.

Walker on thin ice
Sponsors of the Sea Eagles are not too happy with the publicity flowing from the charges laid against Dylan Walker. They have been demanding answers.

And there is a distinct feeling from the club they would be happy to see the back of him. Manly are of the view that his latest scandal will be difficult to get over. Some Sea Eagles insiders were secretly hoping the NRL would come down hard on Walker to make it possible for the club to dismiss him.

Not surprised by this but may not be true of course.

Some Sea Eagles insiders were secretly hoping the NRL would come down hard on Walker to make it possible for the club to dismiss him.
Made this point in another thread. Without a strong policy from the NRL, clubs can do nothing. Ridiculous.

Made this point in another thread. Without a strong policy from the NRL, clubs can do nothing. Ridiculous.
It’s a tough one. If it’s true and I think it is I want the grub out of our club. But you have to let the court process play out.

Walkers case is different to Hayne and debelin as there appears to be witness.

The thing that sticks in my mind is Brett’s case some of these guys are targets.

Any player found guilty of DV or sexual abuse of woman should be rubbed out for life if found guilty.

Guess that the off season environment and no fixtures puts a different complexion on things but no doubt it is the unfortunate case that Greenberg can not be relied on to assist Manly in any form if the situation warranted it . The judicial process should be allowed to run its course but naturally from a sponsor"s perspective , not a good look when bad publicity will always be attracted to player's transgressions , regardless of the magnitude of them .

IF true then of course the Nrl will do nothing to help Manly. Since when has that slimebag c**t ever made a decision that would help Manly.
Remember Greenberg covered up this act
Of dv when he was at the dogs

Attachments

• D11E4124-E2E1-46C3-A501-AD6146529712.jpeg
    D11E4124-E2E1-46C3-A501-AD6146529712.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 63
When is Dylan ;s next court appearance , tomorrow ? No doubt the outcome of this hearing [ presuming it is tomorrow ] will have a strong bearing whether Manly will be prepared to persevere with him and whether he stays or goes . , Probably better to have a clear indication and have the matter sorted for both party "s best interests [ or definitely Manly ;s best interests ] sooner rather then having the matter drag on .

When is Dylan ;s next court appearance , tomorrow ? No doubt the outcome of this hearing [ presuming it is tomorrow ] will have a strong bearing whether Manly will be prepared to persevere with him and whether he stays or goes . , Probably better to have a clear indication and have the matter sorted for both party "s best interests [ or definitely Manly ;s best interests ] sooner rather then having the matter drag on .
This week sometime

I think the outcome of tomorrow's appearance will be whether or not the judge deems the police to have a strong enough case to proceed with charges?

So either Walker will have a case to answer for or not.

If not, he can get on with training for 2019.

If so, then I imagine a future date will be set for trial, meaning this will hang over him until then.

What will be will be . Nothing and no one has ever stopped our club from progressing to Greatness !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4