Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So who brought the charges? The fiance doesn't appear to be the one.
The Police did. We don't live in America where you can make an accusation and ask for charges to be laid.

All she did was provide them a statement which it looks like she now wants to retract. So now its up to the police again to decide whether the case is strong enough to proceed without her statement.

Dylan was on shaky ground with his tenure with Manly after the door incident in 2016 and also taking into account that his club form was quite ordinary at that stage as well . The seriousness level of his present instance of poor self control and bad behaviour looks like it still has to be determined . Doesn't appear to be a violent person by nature , maybe even hopefully his uncalled for actions last week was not an intent to harm . . In terms of his opportunity to continue his career with Manly , quite a few things to take into account , next week 's court hearing to further reveal the severity of his actions , brand damage repercussions for the club , any N R L imposed penalties . If Dylan is able or allowed to resume playing for Manly , he is surely then going to owe the club big time and which would be expected to be reflected with an improved and more responsible attitude and doing his best for optimum performances on the footy field . Most importantly also essential better respect for his partner and child . Still some way to go for the eventual outcome on this one but even more so then 2016 , if Dylan is given a reprieve this time , would definitely mean the last chance salon for him so to speak in terms of his entitlement then to be part of the Sea Eagles and N R L structures ..

It may not be just money and lifestyle. I have experience with DV both personally and professionally. If a woman is in love with a man, and especially if she has a child with him she will often stick around. Overtime she can see if it was just a one off and if so, is he genuinely sorry and prepared to do what ever it takes not to do it again.
Dylan is still quite young at 24. There is hope for him to redeem himself. He was even younger when he had the overdose and punched the door.
I am not condoning what he has done, but I am not going to crucify him either. Let's hope he can learn from his mistakes and come out of it a better person.

I think the fact that he’s already had the overdose and the door-punching episode, and then gone on to do this, are both indicators that he’s not one to learn from mistakes. He’s heading down the Watmough path (or the Inglis path, except there’s more of an effort to sweep Grog’s indiscretions under the carpet).

But agree with the complex factors around his partner’s decision. Particularly with such a young baby, she would no doubt be feeling that it would be a failure on her part if the relationship broke down at this point. Sadly, it often takes years, and escalations in behaviour, before (usually) the Mum realises the child is better off in a single-parent home than an unstable, violent one.

I think the fact that he’s already had the overdose and the door-punching episode, and then gone on to do this, are both indicators that he’s not one to learn from mistakes. He’s heading down the Watmough path (or the Inglis path, except there’s more of an effort to sweep Grog’s indiscretions under the carpet).

But agree with the complex factors around his partner’s decision. Particularly with such a young baby, she would no doubt be feeling that it would be a failure on her part if the relationship broke down at this point. Sadly, it often takes years, and escalations in behaviour, before (usually) the Mum realises the child is better off in a single-parent home than an unstable, violent one.
She may also be feeling that he is a good partner and father and believes that there is hope for them . She knows him better than us

My beautiful old folk have been married for 52 years. There is real beauty in a couple who are still in love after all that time.
I'm feeling a bit mushy thinking of this. Big love to them.:h:

43 years just past for me and mine, lots of good times, a few bad times , some sad times but when I said “ to death us do part “ I meant it.

Their only benefit is that police are more likely to react quicker to a potential repeat incident. And an AVO being breached can result in firmer action from a magistrate, but it depends on the circumstances and the magistrate. The trouble with AVOs is that too often they are given for minor incidents, such as disputes between neighbours. Police can order an interim AVO following a DV incident without reference to the respective parties, which are valid until the first court appearance. An alleged perp can challenge an AVO being issued by a court and its then up to a magistrate to decide if it should be issued. But one of the major problems with AVOs is that often the parties involved don't take them seriously (eg walking away from the court hand in hand). Some AVOs have certain specified restrictions such as being required to stay beyond a certain distance from the victim (eg 200 metres etc). But no one is watching to ensure the perp is complying with the order unless its reported.

However I have seen an individual receive 6 months full time gaol for continuously breaching an AVO, following a DV incident (slapping his partner and acting in an aggressive manner). He didn't physically assault the victim again, but would approach their home in a drunken state wanting to see their children (he was required to live elsewhere). I tried for many weeks to get some common sense into the guy (who was a prison officer) but he was fixated. The magistrate was one of the lenient ones, yet gave him the 6 months gaol. He lost his job, his home, his marriage, and access to his children, as well as 6 months gaol. So continuous breaches of AVOs can be serious
Fair enough . My father in law was murdered after 3 Avos against his Defacto back in 2000 , so to me they are useless in most cases. They can infuriate that person even more.

Just read on that bastion of sports news , Sporting News, that the Police are pressing ahead in the charges with the witness statement and the paramedics statement their proof ( regardless of the retraction).

Again not surprised at this.

I am .... and I will be even more surprised if true ....

I'm close to renaming this thread the Dr Phil thread.

Take that @Chip and Chase !!!
29906170001_3966588759001_drphil2-vs.jpg

Police to press charges against Dylan Walker as witnesses reveal shocking new details

It doesn't look good for the Manly centre.

Police have reportedly determined they have enough evidence to press charges against Dylan Walker, despite his fiancee filing a retraction statement that put the case in jeopardy.

Walker pleaded not guilty in Manly Court on Tuesday as he sat next to his fiancee Alexandra Ivkovic, with the pair leaving the building hand-in-hand.

He was charged with common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm on Friday.

Without Ivkovic's statement, police will call on witnesses at the scene to build their case as well as reports from paramedics who treated Ivkovic at the scene.

Police will allege the 24-year-old suffered minor cuts to her shoulder, leg and feet following an alleged fight over a video game. Walker allegedly yanked the hair of his fiancée as she fled their home.

The Daily Telegraph journalist and Sporting News contributor Dean Ritchie said he had spoken to a witness who revealed shocking details from the events that spilled from their Dee Why home onto the street.

‘’The police, from what I understand, are quite determined to press ahead,’’ Ritchie told Sky Sports' Big Sports Breakfast.

‘’About three years ago they brought in this legislation that says we can now pursue a matter if we think something has happened.

‘’Previously, if a victim recanted then basically it was all bets off. Now they can pursue it.

‘’I know of a person who witnessed this, this person said it wasn’t great. He’s happy to be involved, he doesn’t want to speak to the media but he wants to push ahead.

‘’He said he was abused by Dylan Walker when he approached the situation.

‘’It’s an ugly situation. We haven’t heard the end of it. I still think the police will push ahead.’’

Rugby League reporter @BulldogRitchie has said the police are "quite determined to press ahead" in Dylan Walker's assault case even though his fiance has retracted her statement.

The matter has been adjourned to December 18th.

If found guilty, the 24-year-old faces the possibility of being sacked with Manly fearing the loss of lucrative sponsorship dollars should Walker be retained.

Walker has been told to stay away from pre-season training.

"It's too early to say what the consequences of this are but clearly it's a very serious allegation," Manly CEO Lyall Gorman said on Friday.

"But let's allow the legal process to happen. I haven't even seen the statement of facts from the police yet.

“After that I can make more comment but in the interim he is not required to come to training."

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...les-police-fiancee/17wgwkrfl4jgv1v6smeuvutnps

Hadleys son was this morning just found not guilty of drug possession despite being caught with cocaine.

We dont know all the facts in either case, and anything is possible once it gets before the courts.

Police to press charges against Dylan Walker as witnesses reveal shocking new details

Police have reportedly determined they have enough evidence to press charges against Dylan Walker, despite his fiancee filing a retraction statement that put the case in jeopardy.

Walker pleaded not guilty in Manly Court on Tuesday as he sat next to his fiancee Alexandra Ivkovic, with the pair leaving the building hand-in-hand.

He was charged with common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm on Friday.

Without Ivkovic's statement, police will call on witnesses at the scene to build their case as well as reports from paramedics who treated Ivkovic at the scene.

Police will allege the 24-year-old suffered minor cuts to her shoulder, leg and feet following an alleged fight over a video game. Walker allegedly yanked the hair of his fiancée as she fled their home.

The Daily Telegraph journalist and Sporting News contributor Dean Ritchie said he had spoken to a witness who revealed shocking details from the events that spilled from their Dee Why home onto the street.

‘’The police, from what I understand, are quite determined to press ahead,’’ Ritchie told Sky Sports' Big Sports Breakfast.

‘’About three years ago they brought in this legislation that says we can now pursue a matter if we think something has happened.

‘’Previously, if a victim recanted then basically it was all bets off. Now they can pursue it.

‘’I know of a person who witnessed this, this person said it wasn’t great. He’s happy to be involved, he doesn’t want to speak to the media but he wants to push ahead.

‘’It’s an ugly situation. We haven’t heard the end of it. I still think the police will push ahead.’’

Rugby League reporter @BulldogRitchie has said the police are "quite determined to press ahead" in Dylan Walker's assault case even though his fiance has retracted her statement.

If found guilty, the 24-year-old faces the possibility of being sacked with Manly fearing the loss of lucrative sponsorship dollars should Walker be retained.

"It's too early to say what the consequences of this are but clearly it's a very serious allegation," Manly CEO Lyall Gorman said on Friday.

"But let's allow the legal process to happen. I haven't even seen the statement of facts from the police yet.

“After that I can make more comment but in the interim he is not required to come to training."

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...les-police-fiancee/17wgwkrfl4jgv1v6smeuvutnps

There's a lot of speculation by Richie in that article.

His headline states the police are going ahead with pressing charges yet later in the article he writes "I still think the police will push ahead."

He then goes on to quote hearsay from a witness - conveniently this witness "doesn't want to speak to the media..."

So essentially "double hearsay".

Sounds like a bit of a beat up to me.

Doesn't bulldog have a radio show and there's this brain dead caller who always rings in and just says Manly sucks? dog probably rang him and asked him to be the 'neighbour' in question.

Let's digest this Ritchie story for a moment:
It states that Ritchie spoke to the witness.
OK. Then it says there were "shocking details".
Later the witness says "it wasn't great".
Finally it says "the witness doesn't want to speak to the media".
So, where did those 'quotes' come from Dean? And how can "wasn't great" be described as "shocking".
This report should be in No Idea filed under Fake News.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8