Is Mestrov really our Messiah?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would love to say sack Penn but he can not be sacked because he is paying the bills and won’t sack himself. I am going after Mestrov because he openly boasted about bringing Seibs to the club who is in my opinion not a good motivator of the players just a smooth talker who can impress those who don’t really understand the game like Penn. It’s mestrov job to see through this BS and he has failed. Some say it’s too early to make a call on Mestrov but It is Mestrov who has already made the big calls which is his job not Penns to make.
Thanks for taking the time to explain your reasoning more.
I agree about seibs, 100%, but Penn has proven in the past he has his grubby little fingers and his creepy little face in every decision with "his business" in recent history,probably Lyall Gorman was the only one I can think of to do his own thing and convince Penn otherwise not to do what Penn wants.

Penn may not sack himself but I'm damned if just because he is the owner he gets a free pass, buck stops with him
Going after anyone else just seems pointless to me, cut the head off the snake ....

Thanks for taking the time to explain your reasoning more.
I agree about seibs, 100%, but Penn has proven in the past he has his grubby little fingers and his creepy little face in every decision with "his business" in recent history,probably Lyall Gorman was the only one I can think of to do his own thing and convince Penn otherwise not to do what Penn wants.

Penn may not sack himself but I'm damned if just because he is the owner he gets a free pass, buck stops with him
Going after anyone else just seems pointless to me, cut the head off the snake ....
Fair enough I certainly don’t disagree with your sentiments in relation to Penn.

I would love to say sack Penn but he can not be sacked because he is paying the bills and won’t sack himself. I am going after Mestrov because he openly boasted about bringing Seibs to the club who is in my opinion not a good motivator of the players just a smooth talker who can impress those who don’t really understand the game like Penn. It’s mestrov job to see through this BS and he has failed. Some say it’s too early to make a call on Mestrov but It is Mestrov who has already made the big calls which is his job not Penns to make.
If only we had Ryan here to help us

This is my main point! he bloody well should be and this is on Mestrov.
Much like Mestrov he needs to be given more time.

I wasn't excited about his signing but equally couldn't see a way back from that dismal ending to season 2022 if Des had stayed this year.

He was appointed in the off season with a largely settled squad.

He may be the answer....I don't know. But I don't think 10 games decides which answer it is.

Much like Mestrov he needs to be given more time.

I wasn't excited about his signing but equally couldn't see a way back from that dismal ending to season 2022 if Des had stayed this year.

He was appointed in the off season with a largely settled squad.

He may be the answer....I don't know. But I don't think 10 games decides which answer it is.
Fair enough. We should know by the end of the season though. Atm the players lack intensity not ability. When we played with intensity and good attitude we smashed the storm. Todays attitude was very lacklustre, like the previous 2 weeks before that

Last edited:
Disagree I think he’s done a fair job of his role ( which isn’t related to what the players are doing ).

Memberships up
Communication better
More transparency

The teams going **** , but Mestrov isn’t missing the tackles
Im not saying he's doing a bad job. Im only speculating that he would be limited in what he can do and he would have little to work with.

I don’t think Mestrov is the reason we are struggling. I do think the Penn’s run the club on a shoestring budget. It’d be nice if someone with a huge war chest and corporate connections could buy the club and help us compete in the player market.

The Mestrovs lived about 10 houses up the street from me in Mona Vale.

The parents were friendly I never met Tony. He was a young adult.

My aunt also lives in Mona Vale & runs a local business there served the parents - who spoke with worry & concern about his role in Manly.
This was when he started.
Family very nice.
I was close a best friend with his cousin in Primary.
They are a nice family.
Corporate wise he’s moved a bit. Not sure of his success rate.
Manly is terrible not sure if he is responsible or who is?
So disappointing.
Was at a Mothers Day raffle & the tele was on & I guess didn’t have the courage to watch another inevitable loss.
We need answers & a resolution.

Exactly

Mestrov is going ok in the CEO role , he’s not one of the lazy pricks running out there every weekend !!
The Mestrov is going Ok perspective

Mestrov might not be one of the lazy pricks running out there every weekend as you say
But he is accountable for making changes in our club
Mestrov planted the seibold seeds and now we are all seeing the fruit of his labour

We can blame CEO or coaches or the neighbourhood dog, but the truth is plain and simple, it's a bunch of players running around with bad attitudes and poor energy, with DCE, Jake, Garrick and Okalatu with the odd Paseka moment the only things positive in this uninspiring team.
Anyone who takes accountability and has pride in their own personal performances would find more than what's been on show.....I blame these poor results on no one but the players who are on the field, they are grown men and the only thing I blame the coaching staff for, is the positive post match speeches after pathetic performances

I think our ball kids were recruited from cast offs who didn't make the cut at the Tigers.
Sack the ball boys/girls. From what I've seen they're rubbish and lazy. Have you seen how much more efficient they are at the panthers and souths? Even those at the dolphins are laughing at us. The sprint and ball return work done by our so called staff at our so called centre of excellence is diabolical. If they can't get it right at this level what chance have we got with the first grade squad??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8