Is Mestrov really our Messiah?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mestrov is not the problem and I think he is doing a great job so far, and he’ll be even better as time goes on.

It’s our damn ‘speed bumps’ or ‘’turnstiles’ on the left edge that are the problem and Seibold has to find a solution to fix it.

Mind you, I think our defensive structure needs a complete overhaul.

The Sharks were really ‘up’ for the game on Sunday and played fast, enterprising footy and Hynes just kicked us to death, along with stupid penalties and six agains, we were always on the back foot.

I watched a replay last night and we failed to slow the tempo so much, that markers struggled to get in position in the first half, and were then out of the play.

I respect your right to have an opinion Birdman, however, I think you may have nested a Channel-billed Cuckoo’s egg in this case.

I respect your right to have an opinion Birdman, however, I think you may have nested a Channel-billed Cuckoo’s egg in this case.
Thank you! For being at least respectful about disagreeing with me mate. Like the joke too.

@BOZO , take your pick:

1. Des Hasler (Manly DNA, premiership winner, veteran)
2. John Cartwright (Experienced assistant / head coach - premiership winner)
3. Geoff Toovey (Manly DNA, all heart and a "give your absolute all" coach)
4. Steven Hales (wonder kid with juniors)
5. Chad Randall (Manly DNA, now picked up by Cameron Ciraldo)
6. Michael Monaghan (Manly DNA)
7. Trent Barrett (Assistant coach and head coach at multiple clubs - newer ideas)
8. Shane Flannagan (premiership winner, always in line for most leading jobs)
9. Jim Dymock (experienced assistant coach with successful clubs)
10. Anthony Siebold (Manly DNA, a little success elsewhere, in various codes)

etc etc etc in recent times.

You have all types, with various backgrounds, experiences and insights. Who in your infinite wisdom does Mestrov bring in that would trump any and/or all of these? If any and all of these couldn't get our cattle playing consistent footy, who in your view does Mestrov just conjure up to make this magical event happen?

It's the under performing / skilled / class players Bozo.

Talk is cheap feathered friend
Actions and the Right Decisions on and off the field and Results only matter
and In a Results Driven Business It will all come down to this ...

At the end of the year the Mestrov tenure will achieve one of these three categories
1. Meet Expectations
2. Overachieve
3. Underachieve and fail with Excuses
and Excuses are reasons for failure for Incompetent people

Personally I hope for the sake of our Legendary club
We live up to its benchmark of excellence and make it proud

Last edited:
Mestrov is not the problem and I think he is doing a great job so far, and he’ll be even better as time goes on.
We all love our Legendary club

and we all hope these Great decisions Mestrov is making

produces the great end of year results from his so called Great effort as you say

and will be the Making of a Great Manly club

It’s our damn ‘speed bumps’ or ‘’turnstiles’ on the left edge that are the problem and Seibold has to find a solution to fix it.

Mind you, I think our defensive structure needs a complete overhaul.

The Sharks were really ‘up’ for the game on Sunday and played fast, enterprising footy and Hynes just kicked us to death, along with stupid penalties and six agains, we were always on the back foot.

I watched a replay last night and we failed to slow the tempo so much, that markers struggled to get in position in the first half, and were then out of the play.

Yep. There are many facets to what is deemed as successful for Tony as CEO.

Yes, performances on field are a priority and they haven't been up to scratch. However so is membership, and our numbers are higher than they have been with any other CEO and during a time where we went through some of the most tumultuous periods in the club's recent history (Jeryseygate, Des etc).

Firstly feathered friend Ryan
I hope you have been well and its good to have you on board again .

The @Ryan Amazing Mestrov /Seibold tenure Perspective .....
We are heading towards half way of the season and we are still awaiting for these Amazing Results in a Results Driven Business

The fact is When Mestrov took over he confirmed that we had a very competitive finals player roster

Another Fact is Adversity , sets backs and player injuries are part of the game
Club Resolute IS part of the Great and inspirational leadership in our club

At the end of the year Mestrov /Seibold tenure will achieve one of these three categories
1. Meet Expectations
2. Overachieve
3. Underachieve and fail

The moral of the story
RESULTS IN A RESULTS DRIVEN BUSINESS
MATTER TO OUR CREDIBILTY
Turning up and playing as a team ,is part of the players overpayed job.
Not the Ceo's.
These imposters need to stand up or be shipped out.

Turning up and playing as a team ,is part of the players overpayed job.
Not the Ceo's.
These imposters need to stand up or be shipped out.
Exactly right - the blokes on the field should not have to be spoon fed to know how to show up at NRL level, should be self motivated or hand the jersey to someone who is ready to have a dig.

I think to harshly critique a CEO , who’s been in the job for about 5 minutes and one who inherited what was largely a basket case, is just a little tough.

Other than performance on the field I think he’s ticked many boxes in a positive way.

And I’m not sure performance on the field , after being here for that 5 minutes is even relevant.

If he’s still here in 3 years , that’s the time for this conversation to be had , until then it’s just creating more drama for no reason and if not carefull Booze & Kunty will be suggested that fans are calling for his head.

And apart from one , no one else is !!

If he’s still here in 3 years , that’s the time for this conversation to be had , until then it’s just creating more drama
3 years? maybe give him another 3 months just to be safe. Seems like 6 months is the average turnover of the CEOs here....and I figure he would be leaving on his own terms rather than been shoved out.

I think to harshly critique a CEO , who’s been in the job for about 5 minutes and one who inherited what was largely a basket case, is just a little tough.

Other than performance on the field I think he’s ticked many boxes in a positive way.

And I’m not sure performance on the field , after being here for that 5 minutes is even relevant.

If he’s still here in 3 years , that’s the time for this conversation to be had , until then it’s just creating more drama for no reason and if not carefull Booze & Kunty will be suggested that fans are calling for his head.

And apart from one , no one else is !!
You are not making trouble/ drama by posting your opinion which is a genuine one btw.
An opinion about footy on a footy forum is only just that! Some of you seem to take this far too seriously. A persons opinion can only create drama only if you are susceptible to being triggered in the first place.

You are not making trouble/ drama by posting your opinion which is a genuine one btw.
An opinion about footy on a footy forum is only just that! Some of you seem to take this far too seriously. A persons opinion can only create drama only if you are susceptible to being triggered in the first place.
Well I am a “ triggered boomer “ 😂😂😂

Oh and of course , everyone is entitled to an opinion , it’s a forum after all.

Re recruitment I know we used to have a panel approach when Scott F was here.

Does Tony even have the final call? Who knows.

As an example in most football (soccer) clubs transfers are handled by a sporting director as there is a belief that coaches can be motivated by self interest rather than what the owners may decide.

The CEO then just makes sure that the sporting director is fulfilling their role as per the ownership structure etc

Again this comes down to effect governance which in a privately owned business like ours comes down to the owners more so than the CEO

Re recruitment I know we used to have a panel approach when Scott F was here.

Does Tony even have the final call? Who knows.

As an example in most football (soccer) clubs transfers are handled by a sporting director as there is a belief that coaches can be motivated by self interest rather than what the owners may decide.

The CEO then just makes sure that the sporting director is fulfilling their role as per the ownership structure etc

Again this comes down to effect governance which in a privately owned business like ours comes down to the owners more so than the CEO
Tony’s job would be more around the salary cap and any third party deals, rather than making THE decision to sign someone.

Surely that’s the responsibility of recruitment / coach.

Exactly right - the blokes on the field should not have to be spoon fed to know how to show up at NRL level, should be self motivated or hand the jersey to someone who is ready to have a dig.
There should always be competition for spots. It's normal for players like everyone else to have off days on occasions, but if youre having an offday every week for a significant period then others need an opportunity to step in and prove theyre capable. Sometimes Im curious of those here who staunchly defend their performance no matter how bad it is. It's one thing to get behind the club and players, to which I will always do on the main, but I won't call a spade a shovel if there are underperforming incumbents who have been there for a long time and havent made way for fresh blood who deserve a go.

Tony’s job would be more around the salary cap and any third party deals, rather than making THE decision to sign someone.

Surely that’s the responsibility of recruitment / coach.
Who knows? You would hope there is a strucutre in place but who really knows

Part of the suppose issuesd with Des him signing players etc

Who knows? You would hope there is a strucutre in place but who really knows

Part of the suppose issuesd with Des him signing players etc
No I’m not saying Mestrov wouldn’t be involved but I doubt he’d be the one making the overall decision , or have the final say.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Not throwing any shade at the original poster @Uber Eagle 72 This was just the last title dedicated to Mestrov.

But on the back of the contract revelations over nights, I thought it worth throwing some individual credit his way.

What an 18 months he has had since taking the reigns.

Think back to what he started with, and where we are now as a club and as a representation of what Manly is.

Credit to this bloke. He has worked through a number of $hit shows, moved on key people, cleaned house, improved the fan engagement, worked well with the owner, hired a new coach, let Flanagan do his thing etc etc.

You don't have to like hime (I do) but you HAVE to respect the turn around and the effort.

Now to rewarding him with a finals run, and ultimately, a premiership.

We will struggle to hold on to him - thats the next issue!

Not throwing any shade at the original poster @Uber Eagle 72 This was just the last title dedicated to Mestrov.

But on the back of the contract revelations over nights, I thought it worth throwing some individual credit his way.

What an 18 months he has had since taking the reigns.

Think back to what he started with, and where we are now as a club and as a representation of what Manly is.

Credit to this bloke. He has worked through a number of $hit shows, moved on key people, cleaned house, improved the fan engagement, worked well with the owner, hired a new coach, let Flanagan do his thing etc etc.

You don't have to like hime (I do) but you HAVE to respect the turn around and the effort.

Now to rewarding him with a finals run, and ultimately, a premiership.

We will struggle to hold on to him - thats the next issue!

He is a Manly man through and through. He is one of ours and can’t see him going anywhere too soon

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7