Sack Mestrov (Titled for dramatic effect).

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our roster is ****, coupled with a coach with no obvious game plan, I have zero expectations we will improve this year, as the last 6 weeks have shown. The good teams have kicked into gear, and we have gone backwards.
Penn said at the end of last year we had the playing squad to win the comp. Both Sebold and Mestrov in signing on have bought into this. If we don’t make the 8 there is no excuses.

It’s funny how some look at the player’s ability as the issue. I think with a more urgent and energetic attitude we could have easily won this game as well as the last 2 we lost. The attitude and intensity of the players does not seem right atm. I think bringing Seibold to the club is the issue and I am blaming Mestrov for this. If we don’t make the 8 this year which seems likely at this stage than he should certainly be in the firing line for making some big calls early in his tenure.

It’s funny how some look at the player’s ability as the issue. I think with a more urgent and energetic attitude we could have easily won this game as well as the last 2 we lost. The attitude and intensity of the players does not seem right atm. I think bringing Seibold to the club is the issue and I am blaming Mestrov for this. If we don’t make the 8 this year which seems likely at this stage than he should certainly be in the firing line for making some big calls early in his tenure.
Your giving Penn a free pass and going after Mestrov?
Ok
Who Hired Mestrov, if Mestrov deserve to go because he hired Seibold, (with Penns blessing), then the buck stops with Penn does ot not ?
He sacked Des, he sacked Toovs and brought in Barrett and don't forget the countless CEOs and list goes on.
I'm trying to understand how is it your giving him a free pass but going after the guy he put on to do his bidding ?

I do agree about the Seaman, only who is responsible for bringing him here is where I disagree

Your giving Penn a free pass and going after Mestrov?
Ok
Who Hired Mestrov, if Mestrov deserve to go because he hired Seibold, (with Penns blessing), then the buck stops with Penn does ot not ?
He sacked Des, he sacked Toovs and brought in Barrett and don't forget the countless CEOs and list goes on.
I'm trying to understand how is it your giving him a free pass but going after the guy he put on to do his bidding ?
I would love to say sack Penn but he can not be sacked because he is paying the bills and won’t sack himself. I am going after Mestrov because he openly boasted about bringing Seibs to the club who is in my opinion not a good motivator of the players just a smooth talker who can impress those who don’t really understand the game like Penn. It’s mestrov job to see through this BS and he has failed. Some say it’s too early to make a call on Mestrov but It is Mestrov who has already made the big calls which is his job not Penns to make.

If I am sacking anyone then I aim sacking the dickhead that keeps signing Tigers duds
Looks like he’s now with the Tigers. He loves those big, lumbering, lazy, Pacifica lads. A bit like his dad.

Gould made the comment that the Sharks’ forwards were somewhat smaller and by extension more mobile. Manly in turn looked better when Bullemor, Lawton and Burbo (ok, he might get a lot bulkier) came on.

We lost nothing when Aloiai came off. Nor Tuilagi. I hope he’s not extended.

I think the club needs to give more consideration to the whole player, not just their ability and price tag.
Signing players that have a strong work ethic, take pride in the jersey (can we ever use that phrase on here again) and care whether we win or lose!

Seibold may not be our answer but we need to give him a chance to build with what he's got right now, and to also make some tough recruitment decisions for next year onwards. He would be as aware as we are what we are missing (wish we knew what he knows about how much we have to spend on those missing puzzle pieces).

Mestrov has made some strong decisions on the direction of the club (e.g. loosening the Fulton grip, re-engaging with the local community) but to make real and long lasting change he needs to be given time.

The absolute last thing Manly needs right now is any sort of destabilisation in the running of the club.

Love my club and don't like seeing us losing but believe better days will come. Would like that to start next week!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4