New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
November 1 is the date

Thankyou The Wheel. It may therefore be quite possible that a deal is being discussed, though I suspect Manly wants St George to come to the party and release the kid so there is no punch up, and maybe release someone as part of the deal to reduce costs.

So our one "big name" signing has fallen through lol keep up the great recruitment guys. Maybe a novel idea but maybe target someone coming out of contract not someone with two years left.
Cant wait another season with snail Taufua on the wing.
No chance Taufua starts after a ruptured achilles. Unfortunately, the other options aren’t great either unless Kaeo Weekes or Koula are given a crack.

Last edited:
Pre-season training starts Monday yeah? Would have liked a few more positions sorted by now so some seriously hard work and combination can commence in earnest.
The club said give them time;however, it’s not great to bring in new players after the pre-season has already started. Manly are very slow to move. Other clubs have managed to make moves in less time.

Whether you are a glass half-full or half-empty kind of person, I don’t think anyone can deny that the club are behind others in this area. Pretty disappointing even if players do come on board in a few weeks time.

Thankyou The Wheel. It may therefore be quite possible that a deal is being discussed, though I suspect Manly wants St George to come to the party and release the kid so there is no punch up, and maybe release someone as part of the deal to reduce costs.
yes gee not looking good based on that report - arghhh lol

The club said give them time;however, it’s not great to bring in new players after the pre-season has already started. Manly are very slow to move. Other clubs have managed to make moves in less time.

Whether you are a glass half-full or half-empty kind of person, I don’t think anyone can deny that the club are behind others in this area. Pretty disappointing even if players do come on board in a few weeks time.
Very hard to see anything positive coming out of the club at the moment.
club looking in just from an business administration side is very behind other clubs and as someone who has just completed a masters in sports administration its very concerning to see.

Can't see him getting a start at ahead of Ramsey, Ravalawa or Pereira and also the factoring in the fact that Griffin's a wanker makes me think that he'll be here next year.

If you are correct ... and with your connections to alternate Universes, playboy underwear, and knowledge of Existential Quantum Dynamics ... I have no doubts that you are ... why all the drama and hand wringing by Silvertails for a 4th string winger ...

Have the mighty fallen so far ... do we know something the Saints don't ... or are we so desperate for signing news we would cheer the announcement of an extension and up-grade of T-Rex's contract ..?

If you are correct ... and with your connections to alternate Universes, playboy underwear, and knowledge of Existential Quantum Dynamics ... I have no doubts that you are ... why all the drama and hand wringing by Silvertails for a 4th string winger ...

Have the mighty fallen so far ... do we know something the Saints don't ... or are we so desperate for signing news we would cheer the announcement of an extension and up-grade of T-Rex's contract ..?
T-Rex is extending? You Beauty!!!!

Zero tackle article:

St George Illawarra are remaining adamant Jason Saab will be a Dragons player in 2021, despite the 20-year-old’s request to move to Manly, per The Daily Telegraph.

Anthony Griffin met with Saab’s manager Mario Tartak this week, with the Dragons coach making it clear the winger will play out the remaining two years of his contract.

Saab requested a move to Manly prior to Griffin’s arrival, with the youngster planning on beginning pre-season training with the Sea Eagles by next week.

The Dragons are standing firm on Saab’s contract, with the club only budging on a move if a trade deal can be agreed upon.

Saab is eyeing a move away from Wollongong as he struggles with the long commute from western Sydney, where he resides in his family home.

It is also believed that Saab would be on a greater deal with the Sea Eagles, leaving the Dragons wanting something in return if they are to let their rising star depart.

The Dragons are understood to be open to moving Saab to any rival club that would satisfy a trade deal, with the club not specifically keen on trading for another outside back to replace their young gun.
I hope that the option of swapping out Garrick is still a chance, not good for us as Saab would be a great pickup.

Worse for the Dragons having a player there that doesn’t want to be there though, not a good sign for them or Griffin, that’s what I liked about the AFB departure it was extremely well managed by the club in moving him out before he could potentially unsettle other players in the club.

Look it's fairly obvious last season wing we got slaughtered in both defence and attack last year, I like to see us try Morgan Harper on the flank not sure for other at all. I assume Suli and Walker are the starting centres.

Can't see him getting a start at ahead of Ramsey, Ravalawa or Pereira and also the factoring in the fact that Griffin's a wanker makes me think that he'll be here next year.
Mathew Elliot is assistant coach for Griffin next year, it wouldn't surprise me if his input has something to do with St Merge playing hard ball with Saab, he's a renowned Manly hater and would do anything possible to make it difficult for Saab's move to us, I'm not a fan of the bloke

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6