New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wont be the messiah - but we so need a tall fast winger!
Mate everyone deserves a chance to show what they’re capable of......some succeed & others don’t. Some have passed their ‘use by date’ & we do need some fresh talent. 2nd year syndrome has haunted many rookies & most do tend to bounce back. I’m happy with Garrick if he stays.....he didn’t have the best year but in his first year he played great & was quite popular with all Silvertails & supporters. I believe he & Saab deserve first crack as our wingers & see how things work out before any judgement is made. Hopefully a squad of fit & healthy players will go a long way next season.
Tom
Garrick
Walker (if he stays)
Suli
Saab
Schuster
DCE
14 Foran
Plenty of speed, power & X factor.

Paul Crawley, News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Meanwhile, Tartak has set up a meeting with Griffin on Tuesday to try and sort out Saab’s future.

The young winger has made it clear that he wants out of the Dragons to join Manly next season but until now Griffin has been reluctant to release him.

Saab came out recently and accused the Dragons of back flipping on an agreement to release following Griffin’s appointment.

But it appears the Dragons might be now ready to cut a deal so that Saab can start back for preseason with a new club on the northern beaches.

Mate everyone deserves a chance to show what they’re capable of......some succeed & others don’t. Some have passed their ‘use by date’ & we do need some fresh talent. 2nd year syndrome has haunted many rookies & most do tend to bounce back. I’m happy with Garrick if he stays.....he didn’t have the best year but in his first year he played great & was quite popular with all Silvertails & supporters. I believe he & Saab deserve first crack as our wingers & see how things work out before any judgement is made. Hopefully a squad of fit & healthy players will go a long way next season.
Tom
Garrick
Walker (if he stays)
Suli
Saab
Schuster
DCE
14 Foran
Plenty of speed, power & X factor.
Agree totally with that backline - don't overlook Harper - think he might turn into a quality centre

I'm keen to get Saab in but dont see him as a messiah.

For mine he'll be fighting it out with Garrick, Funa, Harper, Hoppa if he still here....and Taufua I guess if still here for the wing spots

I think 2, 5, 6, 8, 9 11 and the entire bench are all up for grabs in the preseason

I'm keen to get Saab in but dont see him as a messiah.

For mine he'll be fighting it out with Garrick, Funa, Harper, Hoppa if he still here....and Taufua I guess if still here for the wing spots

I think 2, 5, 6, 8, 9 11 and the entire bench are all up for grabs in the preseason
No one thinks he is.. we just want a fast tall winger. Lots of upside to the kid. Lets hope taufua retires or goes to the super league. Garrick could still goto dragons

No one thinks he is.. we just want a fast tall winger. Lots of upside to the kid. Lets hope taufua retires or goes to the super league. Garrick could still goto dragons
How many times did other teams put up bombs on our wingers and scored tries with someone out jumping our guys? How many times did our wingers chase a bomb and soar over the top to score a try? I remember the Broncos game and all they did was bomb our wingers trying to get Coates to out jump us. I think he scored one try that day but could have had a few more. We need a fast winger to make the most of broken field opportunities. hopefully help defuse bombs but also to give us a real attacking weapon with the bomb IF DCE can pin point his kicks which he struggles with. I basically can't recall many tries at all of us out jumping the other winger and yet there were a heap of tries scored on us in the same way. Nothing about Saab being the messiah - we just need to fight fire with fire and hopefully he is as fast as "advertised" to score from broken play and he can tackle and make good defensive decisions. Lots of IFS but his speed and height give him some immediate advantages that we simply don't have at the moment. Pretty simple really.

Walker has proven himself time and time again that he is a liability and obviously the club isn't worth it. Best to go and spend that money on a decent hooker.

i agree Walker tends to be a liability when he is unavailable because of his off field behaviour issues.

Problem is, the liability issues also come about, because of his time when he is not the field, and his positive impact is missing.

In recent years Manly has struggled when one of our best back line players, Turbo, DCE...and Walker, have been absent, because we have had no one who fills those positions anywhere near as effectively as they do. Manly struggled in the backline terribly this year because we had no Turbo and Walker. Before they were injured, we were at least competitive. When they were injured, we collapsed.

Walker is a mixed bag no question, given his behaviour off the field. But when he's on the field, he is one of our three most important backline components. Without him Manly is less effective in the backline.

So the issue is not just getting rid of Walker, its finding someone of that quality on the field to replace him.

Schuster looks likely to be a one of those types of players who makes a difference. But at this stage none of the centres we have are at that level to make a difference. Suli, Harper, Funa show elements of moving up a level but not yet. Burbo may in a year or so. Parker is just a good defensive centre who tries hard.

If Manly is to move effectively back into the final 8, we need a player of Walker's skill. Until then, our backline may struggle. Annoys me certainly when Walker does stupid things in his personal life, that interfere with his role on the field. But, unless we get a quality centre now or one of our present stock suddenly rises to that level over the summer, I believe we cannot afford to let him go for the 2021 season We need someone who can do what he can do on the field.

Hopefully, one day we can return the St G favour.

keep hearing 'like for like' replacement but I guess they aren't accepting a what 4-5 game player?

Sounds as if St g want a potential top line player for a proven top line player, which is hardly like for like.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6