New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
unnamed (1).gif

Just a rumour,heard that we will pay a transfer fee and Dragons release Saab and we keep Garrick.
I'd be happy with that. Garrick isn't the first player to suffer second year syndrome. As horrible as he was in 2020, hes no different to the rest of the team, they all need to improve X10.

Except Harper. That young man should be the first bloke picked at centre. He earned it.

Just speculating,but maybe that is what the hold up with Garner is about too.
Maybe they want some financial compensation,maybe it is even more convulated than that,maybe they want somone like Cust in return and for us to take someone like Mybe or Reynolds off them as both have history with Des and the sticking point is how much of their contract we take on etc...just a thought.

Maybe they want some financial compensation,maybe it is even more convulated than that,maybe they want somone like Cust in return and for us to take someone like Mybe or Reynolds off them as both have history with Des and the sticking point is how much of their contract we take on etc...just a thought.
Mbye maybe as he can cover fullback. Reynolds would be absolutely no chance after we signed Foran. I just think both of those two are surplus to what we need right now in our squad.

Mbye maybe as he can cover fullback. Reynolds would be absolutely no chance after we signed Foran. I just think both of those two are surplus to what we need right now in our squad.
I would not want either of them,but "if" we gave up Cust then our hooker depth is pretty low,at least Reynolds can cover hooker/half and even if he is a bit of a knob,might bring a bit of agro to this side?
Just giving the mole some bait,he has been a bit quiet lately.

OMG I hope we dont go down that route Cust has potential and is a very handy and versatile player .If we have to give up Cust and take on iether of Mbye or Reynolds to get Garner ,then thanks but no thanks ,if it came to that put Scorpio on the heavy weights and put him in as back up 2nd rower .I like the idea of us getting Garner but not at the cost of bailing out another club to buy another hospital bed warmer and giving up one of our young .I'd also like to hope Hoppa gives us a year or two to repay the support we showed him thru his injuries etc .Then if you are good enough Hoppa you can go for the big bucks .

Mbye is a pro utility player, but he is so overpriced that it isn’t funny. Good luck to him getting 800 or whatever, but he is a 350 man imo. So I’d say no thanks because he is a cap eater.

If a club pays a 'transfer fee' does this impact the salary cap?
If so, which it should, then it makes keeping track of which clubs are fudging the cap a little more difficult. Likewise, clubs paying a portion of the salary of a play to move to another club.
It's complicated.

Have to take into account that young Hoppa "s regular position in the juniors and junior rep level was full back and where he seemed to impress . Obviously would have to lift his game even to hold down a wing position at Manly if he does stay but if Tom is unavailable next season [ and only very hopefully just or primarily for rep duties ] no reason why Hoppa could not slot in there as well . Funa has been O K there but doesn :t seem a natural there . Still surprising that nothing seems finalized with Albert yet and would even be quite at ease with Saab and Garrick as the wing options if Albert does not stay with Manly .

If a club pays a 'transfer fee' does this impact the salary cap?
If so, which it should, then it makes keeping track of which clubs are fudging the cap a little more difficult. Likewise, clubs paying a portion of the salary of a play to move to another club.
It's complicated.
Didn :t even think that transfer fees even operated in the N R L but if they are , of course they should be included in any club salary cap provision .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4