New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Congrats on playing masters at 53. As for @Mark from Brisbane i think he’d go what ever it takes (eye gouge, kick in the nuts), but you’d know he’d be the first person that bought you a schooner at full time). :D
Thanks Wombat - was a silly thing to do playing Masters at 53 and putting shots on younger guys - especially when we had done absolutely no defensive training and I hadn't played Masters for two years. End result - two torn rotator cuff muscles. Oh I got him good and proper but he lived to play on while I came off... never to play again on wife's orders lol. And yes Mark seems one of those affable guys that would have a beer after the game. I was more likely after the game to poor the schooner on your head and then probably would want to go the knuckle if they didn't like that. I always took it very personally. Silly me!

Imo Saab doesn't really have to come here as a star. We all know Jorge's potential has been seen and his roof is lowering. Garrick can remain on the other edge (at least in rd 1), even though I hate his defence, he has some speed (though only really shows it in open space) and hopefully our defence returns to 2019's combination of both up and in and shifting w/ trbo at the back.

Saab just needs to be tall, fast and can slowly build his confidence. He will be an asset in time. His height and speed will be an improvement alone. Walks and Suli back in the centres, Harper, Hoppa and Parker as depth, two new playmakers in Foz and Schuster, Trbo back. Improvements all around.

Exactly - up and in defense in their half and certainly on early tackles 1 to 3 - change to slide in our half and later tackles. You want to jam in especially in their 20 and bash them but yes slide defence if both sides of the ruck are in sync and the "blindside" or non attacking side doesn't stand still like the proverbial stale bottle is perfect when the opposition wants to open up which normally is over the half way or late in the tackle count. How many teams these days continually want to be entertainers and throw the ball wide most sets from tackle 1 from their own end? Answer.... zero! So you could adopt the bash them defence early. Sadly the secret of bash them defence is to have a Randall, Ronnie Gibbs, Jughead Jones, Menzies, Kosef, Carroll leading the blitzkrieg but the secret with the bash them defence is the whole line has to get up out of the blocks quickly and to want to smash them and hurt them at the advantage line. Besides Jake just not sure we have any other bashers! Ohhh for the good old days - think I will dust the boots off and the armguard and get down and smash the tackling dummy right now! And yes at 57 I still have my boots, mouthguard and armguard just in case I decide to have a game. Sad and deluded I am obviously lol.

And yes at 57 I still have my boots, mouthguard and armguard just in case I decide to have a game. .....
I love your attitude feathered friend !

Maybe time to move Jake to prop and as much as Haumole offers ability and promise as an edge . could be tried as a prop in the Welch and Fisher - Harris mould . When Siro and Thommo were on their games . probably as good as any other comp 2 nd road pairing but Siro was not used effectively for most of this season , did not lack effort but just running the wrong lines on a regular basis . Definitely could do with another agile and good defensive back rower .Garrick can be a good finisher , has even previously competed well on the high attacking kicks but just so many limited opportunities last season . Has to brush up on his defensive reads as well . No doubt Saab and Albert Hoppa will have their future"s settled before not too long .
Yes Al my only issue and it is a big issue about Jake at prop - I just don't see him being a metre eater gaining 10 yards per carry. I think we need another big bopper up front and Jake in the backrow doing the odd and I say odd bit of Glenn Stewart ballplaying. I am sure we will get another big bopper from somewhere. Maybe they are thinking Fainu is already here? Agreed I think Guacomole offers us something pretty special - but another underrated backrower looking for a chance would be great. Agreed on Garrick - I think we are all still unsure just if he is as good as 2019 and as for Albert - sorry but I am so not sold on him yet. He didn't offer anything in attack and was a disaster in defence.

Yes Al my only issue and it is a big issue about Jake at prop - I just don't see him being a metre eater gaining 10 yards per carry. I think we need another big bopper up front and Jake in the backrow doing the odd and I say odd bit of Glenn Stewart ballplaying. I am sure we will get another big bopper from somewhere. Maybe they are thinking Fainu is already here? Agreed I think Guacomole offers us something pretty special - but another underrated backrower looking for a chance would be great. Agreed on Garrick - I think we are all still unsure just if he is as good as 2019 and as for Albert - sorry but I am so not sold on him yet. He didn't offer anything in attack and was a disaster in defence.
Des was criticised on here for loaning Albert to the Warriors but as you say he was very underwhelming when he got his chance to play for us . . No real speed threat and defensively and competing for the high ball he was poor .
As compared to the young dynamic flyers that other clubs have our young backs that got the opportunity this year are not in the same league .
As a result as soon as Tom is out so is Manlys back line threat
Schuster is the stand out .

I think people are being waaay to hasty on writing off Albert.

Two back to back ACL's for a kid who had never even played reserve grade

The games this year were about getting experience, not being a saviour.

As for Saab, he has the potential.....much like Albert, but I fear if he comes in and doesn't dominate from day dot he will quickly be lambasted much like Albert.

I think people are being waaay to hasty on writing off Albert.

Two back to back ACL's for a kid who had never even played reserve grade

The games this year were about getting experience, not being a saviour.

As for Saab, he has the potential.....much like Albert, but I fear if he comes in and doesn't dominate from day dot he will quickly be lambasted much like Albert.
I haven't given up on Albert yet although think he's probably a centre. I think he should at least start 2021 as depth. He will get his chance again. His dad's comments didn't help him at all and Des was proven right that he wasn't ready for first grade this year. I think it was good to see him nonetheless

Des was criticised on here for loaning Albert to the Warriors but as you say he was very underwhelming when he got his chance to play for us . . No real speed threat and defensively and competing for the high ball he was poor .
As compared to the young dynamic flyers that other clubs have our young backs that got the opportunity this year are not in the same league .
As a result as soon as Tom is out so is Manlys back line threat
Schuster is the stand out .
Agreed Bozo - now maybe - maybe young Hoppa booms but gee as you say - very very underwhelming. Schuster on the other hand took the game on - he wanted to be the star and the play maker. He wanted to be the man. Now he overplayed the kicking game but he will learn. But he certainly wasn't frightened by the big stage. He looked like he belonged. Young Hoppa basically looked way out of his depth in comparison. Now one swallow doesn't make a summer so lets see but gee he would want to improve quickly and massively in the first few rounds of 2021 if he is still with us. Put Walker back in the Centres and IF Turbo is fit - we suddenly will have the real bones of a wonderful backline.

Lol just a silly middle aged guy stuck in the 70's and 80's. I only listen to 70's and 80's music. In my mind I am still captain of my high school state champion league side. That way I am still young - think I am young and a million years from the coffin. Obviously just deluding myself Bozo lol.
Nothing delusional about you @Shane4500
Keep that mind power going feathered friend .
Power to those that awaken their subconscious mind that takes them to another level

Yeah I can't write Hoppa off on a couple of games, history tells you that's too harsh, but to say he was underwhelming would be an understatement. I think by playing those few games Hoppa has seen his market value plummet and other clubs who may have been sucked in the hype of Hoppa the 18 year old star.....are now cooling their heels. So maybe his chances of staying actually increased.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4