New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garrick suffered from 2nd year syndrome ... if it don't kill you .... you come back better and stronger ...

And his poor kicking is simply a result of dumbarrse syndrome ... he can strike the ball as well as anyone ... but I have tried to educate you neandethals before ... he fell foul to Tiger Woods disease and started to tinker with his set-up ... the result being that this year he was addressing the ball far to straight on, at about 30 degrees ..... watch the replays ..... to kick straight with around the corner technique you need to address the ball at about 45 degrees in order to swing your leg and hip in the correct arc .... he is not missing by poor contact ... he is missing by not getting the line right ....

Agree woodsie way to front on. He ****ed around with his hairstyle as well. Wtf.

Would love Saab and Hopoate to be our wingers. Bit of pace. A LOT of potential upside. That would leave Walker and Suli as our centres, and just like that, we have pace again.

I miss having a winger like Michael Robertson. Guy wasn't overly quick, but hot damned he was amazing in the air, could leapo for a ball, and have it stick to his hands.

We then had Flash Gordon on the other wing in Wolfman Williams. Bearing in mind, they were outside of Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai, or course.

Would love Saab and Hopoate to be our wingers. Bit of pace. A LOT of potential upside. That would leave Walker and Suli as our centres, and just like that, we have pace again.

I miss having a winger like Michael Robertson. Guy wasn't overly quick, but hot damned he was amazing in the air, could leapo for a ball, and have it stick to his hands.

We then had Flash Gordon on the other wing in Wolfman Williams. Bearing in mind, they were outside of Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai, or course.
And Orford who COULD kick to a corner !!

Ox was one of my all time favourites. He really helped turn us into a powerhouse again.
Ox was a competitor and we need more competitors to turn our club around as competitors do not capitulate to thrashings . Some of the elementary mistakes like bad passes , dropped balls and WTF what that all about ? options taken from players in our 2020 season leaves a lot to be desired

There are definitely better wingers out there than Reuben Garrick. But I think especially this year he was more a victim of how the team played than because his game has gone backwards.

Added to the fact that he only scored 4 tries this year compared to 16 in 2019 and that his goal kicking was less accurate this year, and he's copped an absolute hammering from the fans. But even Addo-Carr or Johnston would have struggled to score tries with how we played in 2020, especially playing outside of two ball hogs in Siro and Suli.

Wingers are usually the easiest targets for criticism when a team leaks a lot of tries. But more often than not, they usually aren't the main culprit.
Point taken about other wingers also perhaps struggling at the end of our back line this year... nevertheless, wasn’t Carrot playing outside the same two, Siro and Suli, in 2019 when he scored his 16 tries?

Well still a good sign if he's started following manly!
Journalists need to up their game. Instagram is the best way to find out about a player's move in advance nowadays.

There is a lot of variety in each of the different videos. He can catch in the air at speed, pass back on the inside, pick up a loose ball and score against the run of play, use speed to finish in the corner with little room to move (we really need someone able to do this). His defence shows potential in the first clip because with his pace as long as he shifts and stays on the outside he can make the cover, even though his inside centre rushed in and failed to shut down the play. He'll fit in nicely I think. Really liking our signing targets this off season.

Just got to get him confident when taking hitups, apparently he just needs to run harder but that will come I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Journalists need to up their game. Instagram is the best way to find out about a player's move in advance nowadays.

Unlike a lot of reserve grade highlights reels this one excites me because there is a lot of variety in each of the different videos. He can catch in the air at speed, pass back on the inside, pick up a loose ball and score against the run of play, use speed to finish in the corner with little room to move (we really need someone able to do this). His defence shows potential in the first clip because with his pace as long as he shifts and stays on the outside he can make the cover, even though his inside centre rushed in and failed to shut down the play. He'll fit in nicely I think. Really liking our signing targets this off season.

It rivals silvertails

I'll be happy if the swap happens. But it won't devastate me if it doesn't. I think Garrick is more than competent. He just needs a bit of ball in open space. He might not be a representative winger but he can hold his own.

As @HoldenV8 said, our defensive system leaves our wingers exposed; especially against slick sides like Souths. Des needs to totally rethink his defensive approach or, if we cop a few injuries again, things will get ugly in 2021 as well.

What concerns me more is Jorge was a top try scorer this year. WTF ? Seriously ? I wonder if any other club had a leading try scorer with fewer tries.

The "insta-observation" I think is telling.

Point taken about other wingers also perhaps struggling at the end of our back line this year... nevertheless, wasn’t Carrot playing outside the same two, Siro and Suli, in 2019 when he scored his 16 tries?
We need a tall winger who can defuse bombs. Garrick again had a shocker last weekend spilling a catch which directly led to a try. He is ok when he is spoon fed a ball and just has to finish it off, but does nothing extra ordinary like some of the other freak wingers out there. Saab is quicker than Garrick too.

I would like Saab and George Jennings on the wings for 2021. Hoppa is a long way off first grade and doesn't look comfortable of the wing. Cannot defend and is a lot weaker than i thought, his trade mark fend does nothing and is slower than i thought. We need competent wingers for next year. Ones that have some speed to finish off a try, safe under the bomb, and be able to have a strong kick return

We need a tall winger who can defuse bombs. Garrick again had a shocker last weekend spilling a catch which directly led to a try. He is ok when he is spoon fed a ball and just has to finish it off, but does nothing extra ordinary like some of the other freak wingers out there. Saab is quicker than Garrick too.

I would like Saab and George Jennings on the wings for 2021. Hoppa is a long way off first grade and doesn't look comfortable of the wing. Cannot defend and is a lot weaker than i thought, his trade mark fend does nothing and is slower than i thought. We need competent wingers for next year. Ones that have some speed to finish off a try, safe under the bomb, and be able to have a strong kick return

Ok Simon. I've got a fair amount of respect for your opinions, but George Jennings ? How much would he be paying us to let him play ? You lost me here. I think I'd rather Horhay than GJ.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4