New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not at this stage...the re-signing of Fainu is Manly's blind faith that he'll be back next year...I think he has no hope.

Foran is gonna play 6 so it'll be Cust and Croker playing 9. I take your point....I agree that we need another 9 because if Cust or Croker go down, the cupboard is empty...really strange things happening at the moment...I don't have a good feeling about next year.
So no Schuster in the 17.......fvcken great! If that happens & Des persists with Croker & Schuster requests a release then fvck Des! I’m not gonna renew any memberships until I see what the team lineups he comes out with during the early rounds. My membership may not mean much but it’s one less the club will ever again rely on.

So no Schuster in the 17.......fvcken great! If that happens & Des persists with Croker & Schuster requests a release then fvck Des! I’m not gonna renew any memberships until I see what the team lineups he comes out with during the early rounds. My membership may not mean much but it’s one less the club will ever again rely on.
Probably in the 17 but from what I hear, Foran will be first choice 6...

Probably in the 17 but from what I hear, Foran will be first choice 6...
Gee I hope not, 6 sb Schusters to lose
At 6 we could play Schuster or Walker u could argue that another 6 is surplus to requirements, especially when u consider we have no one who can play 9 and who is a recognised 9 as such.

I'm sure Cust would do a great job but what happens if he goes down? Croker is next in line... wow, we'd be in trouble. Croker should be back up to a back up, NOT in our 17. Still a few spots up for grabs in our 30, these last few players will decide if 2021 is successful or not. We can't rely on no injuries so we need quality depth. I can't believe Manly are putting all their eggs in the Fainu basket, seems an odd decision
I know Cust was a 9 for most of his junior football ...it was only in the 20s that he was manufactured into a half out of necessity...he could be a decent 9 for sure.

Thanks for the info Snake.

I suppose it’s always going to be a balance of youth and experience.

Thommo leaves at 32. Davey comes in at 28 ... and potentially Olakautu gets upgraded.
Metcalf leaves after not being utilised, Foran comes in on a 1yr deal.

I’m guessing Des is looking for more leadership which (after 2020) probably isn’t a bad thing.

Blokes like Schuster, Fainus brother, Burbo all to feature more often hopefully. That’s a lot of youth to inject into a first grade squad.

Hopefully some more dominos to fall before the start of the preseason and willing to give Des the benefit of the doubt to see how the balance of youth and experience plays out early into next year.

Should be interesting. Thanks again for the heads up.
Thommo has a lot more games of experience under his belt than Davey...I can't get positive about the Davey signing at all...haha

I can kinda understand the Foran signing because if he says fit (and that's a big if), he could take a heap of pressure of DCE and at the same time, mentor Schuster. I'd be inclined to play Schuster at 13 and move Jake to prop (give Jake 60 mins instead of 80 so he is more dynamic with the ball).

Schuster has incredible skill and could pop up as a 3rd half in the middle of the field and is obviously big enough to make an impact there as well.

I like that you've mentioned Ben T; now there is a potential cover for Thommo!

I appreciate your insight snake.

A couple of comments: thompson had a poor year in my books, so we don’t lose anything by replacing him with Davey. However Olak or jet ski might be in front of Davey anyway.

jetski had a bad year too, never seemed to be injury-free and didn’t really bounce back from surgery at end of 2019. Hopefully he reaches his potential in 2021.

A fit cust could be very good in the dummy half rotation. He was another bloke that was held together with tape in the last few rounds.

Improved Injury management is probably more important for manly than landing a big name for 2021.
I wouldn't single Thommo as being any worse than the other members of our squad...even Jake T was bog average. The only way the Davey signing will work out in our favour is if he is never selected.

Agree re Cust.

Also agree with the Jetski evaluation ..it was a real shame that he didn't kick on from his strong form in the finals last year...he has some talent but seems injury prone and also gets picked up and smashed a fair bit.

And yes, you are spot on about the injuries...either we have the worst luck in the league or our training loads need to monitored closely.

Thommo has a lot more games of experience under his belt than Davey...I can't get positive about the Davey signing at all...haha

I can kinda understand the Foran signing because if he says fit (and that's a big if), he could take a heap of pressure of DCE and at the same time, mentor Schuster. I'd be inclined to play Schuster at 13 and move Jake to prop (give Jake 60 mins instead of 80 so he is more dynamic with the ball).

Schuster has incredible skill and could pop up as a 3rd half in the middle of the field and is obviously big enough to make an impact there as well.

I like that you've mentioned Ben T; now there is a potential cover for Thommo!
I'm a fan of moving Jake to prop too. Schuster to 13. Or even start Jake at lock then move him to prop and bring on Schuster after 20 mins.
Cust will do fine at hooker, the problem is when he gets injured which he seems to be quite often

Any chance of jake to prop and Schuster to 13? Or off the bench and then jake goes to prop? Do you know if we are in the market for another prop?

I found one.

prop.jpg

I'll shut up now. (It's the off season.....cut me some slack.) @:D

I'm sure Cust would do a great job but what happens if he goes down? Croker is next in line... wow, we'd be in trouble. Croker should be back up to a back up, NOT in our 17. Still a few spots up for grabs in our 30, these last few players will decide if 2021 is successful or not. We can't rely on no injuries so we need quality depth. I can't believe Manly are putting all their eggs in the Fainu basket, seems an odd decision
very very odd decision in my books as well

Garricks insta story.
Where is this? “The new neighbourhood”

Attachments

• B93A6123-E062-44D7-889B-C9A589863A9B.png
    B93A6123-E062-44D7-889B-C9A589863A9B.png
    433.2 KB · Views: 88

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4