Ryan J Winter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Where is the little gnome? Why hasn't he shown his face around these parts much today? Surely it wouldn't have anything to do with a certain overnight result - the greedy billionaires with no team spirit getting thrashed by the up and comers from North London.

Oh well Ryan, stiff **** . Hope you enjoyed that Chelsea flash in the pan while it lasted.

I had a fantastic day off yesterday.

Watched the San Diego Chargers score their most points since 1985 in thrashing a hapless Detroit Lions. I started to think that we were a one man team with LaDanian Tomlinson wearing all the numbers but he got rested for the second half and we still blitzed them. Looking a chance again this year.

Then it was over to watch the replay of the Gooners giving it to a hapless Chelsea, who looked good for only 10 minutes sometime in the second half. Only disappointment of the day was the ManU scum downing a luckless Liverpool who should have scored 3 before half time.

The "little gnome" is still around.
For some reason, it's a pain in the arse to actually even get on this site at work (we use IE). It takes me 50 odd attempts, so I don't bother.

Additionally, I've been into the ice hockey big time, so that's where my time is speant - getting the live feeds from the net.

That, and spending time drinking beer, and enjoying life.

All this political crap is really annoying me. I just want the footy, the beers and the ho's.

Also - yeah - Chelsea getting beaten by Arsenal was dissapointing.....but we are still an absolute powerhouse....unlike, what's your team again Mata?

Yeah the upgrade should fix that. We have moved to a new server with a dedicated IP which takes a while to resolve. We should be ready to upgrade early in the new year.

A kid team of Gunners made it through to the semi of the Who-Cares (Carling) Cup as well. Chelsea have to face Liverpool for their place tomorrow.

Are they like Parra? gunna do this and gunna do that, but never do??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you'll find they are one of the few franchises (the Miami Dolphins are the other one I can think of) that went through a season undefeated.

Good to see the Vikings whip the Bears and keep their play-oof hopes alive too.

[quote author=Ryan]
Also - yeah - Chelsea getting beaten by Arsenal was dissapointing.....but we are still an absolute powerhouse....unlike, what's your team again Mata?

Gunners
[/quote]

Oh ----- My ------ God !!!

You said:-
the greedy billionaires with no team spirit getting thrashed by the up and comers from North London.

There are 35 players in The Gunners 07/08 squad Mata:-

1. Jens Lehmann - German Goalkeeper BOUGHT 5 years ago
2. Abou Diaby - - France import from Auxerre last year
3. Bacary Sagna - France import from Auxerre THIS year
4. Cesc Fabregas - Bought from Spain 4 years ago (Barcelona)
5. Kolo Toure - Bought from the Ivory Coast in 2002
6. Philippe Senderos - Bought from Switzerland in 2003
7. Tomas Rosicky - Bought from Burussia last year
8. Lassana Diarra - Bought from CHELSEA this year
9. Eduardo - Bought from Dinamo Spain this year
10. William Gallas - Bought from CHELSEA this year
11. Robin Van Persie - Bought from Feyenoors Netherlands 3 years ago
13. Alexander Hleb - Bought from Belarus 2 years ago
15. Denilson - Bought from Sao Paulo in 2006
16. Mathieu Flamini - Bought from Marseille France 3 years ago
17. Alexandre Song - Bought from Basti Cameroon 2 years ago
19. Gilberto - From Brazil, Bought from America 5 years ago
20. Johan Djourou - Bought from The Ivory Coast 4 years ago
21. Lukasz Fabianski - Poland Goalkeeper - BOUGHT this year
22. Gael Clichy - Bought from Cannes France 4 years ago
24. Manuel Almunia - Spanish goalkeeper bought 3 years ago
25. Emmanuel Adebayor - Bought from Monaco last year
26. Nicklas Bendtner - Bought from Denmark 3 years ago
27. Emmanuel Eboue - Bought from The Ivory Coast 2 years ago
30. Armand Traore - Bought from Monaco last year
31. Justin Hoyte - -------------------------ARSENAL JUNIOR-------------------------- !!!
32. Theo Walcott - Bought from Southhampton last year
33. Matthew Connolly ---------------------ARSENAL JUNIOR---------------------------!!!
34. Kerrea Gilbert ---------------------ARSENAL JUNIOR---------------------------!!!
35. Mark Randall - Bought from Milton Cairnes last year

So - the gunners have produced THREE juniors, that are not even used in their 1st team. I'm sure your team above only cost 50 pound Mata !!! LoL

This just shows ow little you know about your own team, and this sport. It is a manufactured team.

Your team is absolutely manufactured (just like Chelsea), and manufactured by a MASSIVE player fund.
Actually, Chelsea at least has some British in their team, including our captain !!! Other names like, Cole, Cole again, Lampart & co. spring to mind.

Yes, but players WANT to play for Arsenal. Who ever heard of Chelsea before Romanichovopov came around?

You are being completely unfair Ryan.

By the end of 2005 Abromovich had spent approximately 440 million pounds (AUD $1.1 Billion) on Chelsea, with a transfer spend of 265 M Pds and an annual wages bill of around 110 M Pds.

In 20004 they had an 88 M Pds (AUD 218M) loss followed by a 140 M Pds (AUD 347M) loss in 2005 and a 80 M Pds (AUD 198M) loss in 2006. All of this $763 MILLION has been completely subsidised by one Russian billionaire. To say that the competition or any other rival is operating under these conditions is ridiculous.

Arsenal - in debt after the construction of its new Emirates Stadium, by comparison announced a loss in February of £6.2 million ($15.3 million) for the six months up to the end of November 2006, citing one-off exceptional costs of £21.4 million ($53 million) relating to their move as the reason. Over the same period in 2005, the club made £9.6 million ($24 million) profit after tax. We built a brand new stadium and lost next to nothing compared to Chelsea.

Since buying the club in 2003, Chelsea say Abramovich has pumped in more than AUD $1.24 billion, spending more than $745 million of that on big-name players.

Yep, we are a manufactured team of mostly foreigners, but at least we know how to balance the books, have a youth academy almost second to none, and can have a go if the playing field were level. :p

so now we are on to Premier League YARTS......
I think I might have to go and find my gun and put myself put of my misery ;)

have a youth academy almost second to none, and can have a go if the playing field were level. :p

And I have a good friend over there whose son is in the Fulham Academy (under 10s) who will vouch for the excellence of Arsenal's Academy. It is the envy of all of London.

Ask John Terry what other clubs he'd like to play for. Actually, ask Drogba, & Lampart the same question.

Money or no, there is soul in Chelsea.

I have supported them forever. I loved Zola and co. as players.

Ask John Terry what other clubs he'd like to play for. Actually, ask Drogba, & Lampart the same question.

Money or no, there is soul in Chelsea.

I have supported them forever. I loved Zola and co. as players.

What a load of crap!! These guys are the ost money driven sportsman in the world. If they were offered enough, they would leave in a heartbeat.

I'm not saying anything different to that Doug. What I am saying is Mata's comment that Chelsea are money driven, and have no soul, is NO different to his club Arsenal, and that call was hypocracy at its best.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4