Rumours of player rumblings dismissed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SENIOR Sea Eagles stars have hosed down suggestions of player discontent following continued speculation about drama in the camp.

It has lead to rumours that Anthony Watmough and Steve Matai were looking to leave the club at the end of this season, which has been quashed by head coach Geoff Toovey.

Read More

SENIOR Sea Eagles stars have hosed down suggestions of player discontent following continued speculation about drama in the camp.

It has lead to rumours that Anthony Watmough and Steve Matai were l
jason-king-115x1151.jpg
ooking to leave the club at the end of this season, which has been quashed by head coach Geoff Toovey.

Co-captain Jason King declared all is well at Narrabeen.

“Absolutely we are a happy team, it always has been and everyone is moving in the same direction,’’ he said.

“Everyone is concentrating on footy, which is the most important thing.

“Be it video sessions or out on the training paddock, we are a unified bunch.”

When quizzed about whispers suggesting player unrest, King pointed to their collective resilience.

“Over the years we have learnt to get on with things,’’ he said.

“It doesn’t bother us, we are focused on winning rugby league matches.”

King’s words were echoed by five-eighth Kieran Foran.

“It’s a tight knit group and to be honest I don’t think there is any player rumblings,” Foran said.

“I know it keeps getting pulled up but it seems happy, everyone seems fine with one another.”

And Foran said he was very happy at the club where he made his NRL debut in 2009.

“I love the joint, I love the playing group we have here,” he said.

“I’ve said it all along in my eyes there is a great culture here and it’s something that can never be broken.”

There was talk players were unhappy about the way their mate Glenn Stewart will leave the club at the end of the season to join South Sydney.

“I think the Glenn Stewart thing could have been handled better and I said that from the start,” Foran said.

“I’ve said it all along, I think the bloke deserve a contract put in front of him for all that he has done for the joint.

“That is just my personal opinion and I think have been pretty open about that.”

Foran said all the speculation was not distracting the players in their premiership campaign.

“I think we are a professional enough club to get on with things,” he said.

“The great thing about this club is that we are not going to let anything affect our performances on the field.”

Andrew Prentice and Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/rumours-of-player-rumblings-dismissed/story-fngr8iii-1226943286779

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=toovey-dogs-the-benchmark_1226944151179&vc=222

2v dismisses it during the FoxSports snippet today, 'if Players have an issue, they sort it out between themselves' :sleepy:

HappilyManly said:
2v dismisses it during the FoxSports snippet today, 'if Players have an issue, they sort it out between themselves' :sleepy:
My money would be on Choc, even with a bicep blowin' in the wind.

as if they would admit it!! yes, definitely, all the boys are jealous of DCE getting all the money.

I think it's really important to remember that DCE already delivered us a premiership in 2011 on less than $100,000 per year. The other players certainly didn't complain about having his share then.

Darren said:
as if they would admit it!! yes, definitely, all the boys are jealous of DCE getting all the money.
So long as you aren't jealous Darren. Those players are just a bunch of commie b....s

I don't think it's going to matter what the players or Tooves ACTUALLY SAY...

Too many people here who claim to support them, just want to believe the worst.

Drama-queens and garden-variety gossip junkies.

There'd be something wrong if the guys weren't disappointed about Gift leaving, and you just know if they said, '' We don't care, let him go...''
there'd be alternative stories in the press about Manly's lack of harmony in that direction......and the same people here whingeing about that instead!

I think some ppl aren't happy, full-stop.

RiverEagle said:
I don't think it's going to matter what the players or Tooves ACTUALLY SAY...

Too many people here who claim to support them, just want to believe the worst.

Drama-queens and garden-variety gossip junkies.

There'd be something wrong if the guys weren't disappointed about Gift leaving, and you just know if they said, '' We don't care, let him go...''
there'd be alternative stories in the press about Manly's lack of harmony in that direction......and the same people here whingeing about that instead!

I think some ppl aren't happy, full-stop.

It's not about gossip, or drama, or not being happy, it's really about fans;
(a) wanting to see the club successful
(b) continue watching the players we've grown so fond of over the years
It's going to be horrible watching Glenn run around in that filthy Rabbits jumper next year. No one wants to see DCE run around in a stupid Donkey jersey, and heaven help if Choc plays for the Eels.

Some fans are better than others at staying relaxed, but many of us stress and fear the worst when rumours concerning player unrest threaten to undermine our great club. I am worried that there is something in it, not because I am a drama queen, but I love Choc, I love DCE, and I would hate for anything to change that.

Snake said:
Some fans are better than others at staying relaxed, but many of us stress and fear the worst when rumours concerning player unrest threaten to undermine our great club. I am worried that there is something in it, not because I am a drama queen, but I love Choc, I love DCE, and I would hate for anything to change that.

Hear what you're saying Mr snake and it's true we all react differently. I am in the 'not worried' boat for a couple of reasons...I can't do anything to change it but the main reason is.....

We never hear the bad quotes from the actual player. No one has heard nor confirmed what choc is supposed to have said.

Now king has come out and said everything is sweet.

So be happy!

Why aren't people happy with this? Why don't they believe King's words over non confirmed gossip?

My theory is: Too many soap opera's on tv coupled with people having generally boring lives equals a propensity to want to believe the gossip and drama to experience some excitement, good or bad in their own lives.

The amount of posts I have read on hear that start with "A mate of mine who is close to the club......" and ends with some upcoming bad news regarding Manly has had to have been close to 100.

So far, they have all been wrong. Same posters don't return on here to say sorry for the b/s call or worry caused. And we wonder why journo's don't do the same when they are continually wrong.

But...if people still want to be worried, I can't help that (I'll live longer) but it gets a bit harder to argue they are not drama Llama's!

Now....where's me breakfast?!

globaleagle said:
Now....where's me breakfast?!

Find the missus, find the breakfast ;)

Darren said:

That's right, they would deny it if it was true, likewise they would deny it if it wasn't. So we are all back in the same spot as before this piece, not really knowing - and hopefully many not really caring as it is none of our damned business what kind of relationship they have.

I don't care what happens manly have shown they have some pretty good recruitment. I am happy Glenn Stewart left he deserved more money than Manly could play him and his past two seasons haven't set the world on fire. It would be worse seeing Hiku Tafua and Buhrer in other jumpers because they still have so much to do for our club. DCE might go to the broncs or he might not. He plays for Manly now so just support him. Don't think you are going to lesson the impact of the hurt if he does leave by death riding him now just so you can say 'well he always thought he was bigger than the club' blah blah blah. That's a really pathetic attitude and you should give yourselves an uppercut.

^ well, I was due!

Erm, cold pizza and a banana for brekky!

mmmmm breakfast of champions!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6