Rumours/news about Manly from Nick Tedeschi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rodo

Goldmember
Tipping Member
Found this interesting news from Nick Tedeschi at Making the Nut...

http://makingthenut.com/from-the-couch-round-8-4/

"Rumour Mill: ...Manly will almost certainly land Kane Elgey now his price has doubled after a scintillating performance against the Warriors. Manly aren’t out of the mix for Chris Sandow either though the Sharks are also in the hunt."

"Manly Collapse Update: There is still life in the Sea Eagles! But despite the good news of a win over Melbourne word is leaking out of a major blue between props Josh Starling and Willie Mason with the young tyro reportedly calling out Mason for his lack of output. And fair enough too with Mason running the ball just seven times in 30 minutes last week, an appalling effort from a prop. If the Sea Eagles are to get out of their rut it will be on the back of hard-nosed attitudes like Starling’s."

"The Coaching Crosshairs: With Manly in last position, Geoff Toovey’s career as Sea Eagles coach is as good as done, despite the courageous win over Melbourne on Saturday night. The victory will most likely only delay the inevitable though he is no sure thing to see out the week with a general bye this weekend. Trent Barrett will be named Toovey’s successor. Steve Georgallis will come in as interim coach if Toovey is sacked midseason."

This should only fire big willie up! Call bull**** on 2V, couple of wins in a row is all he needs.

So let me get this straight: Mason played so poorly yet Manly beat the top of the table Storm?
There is so much crap in those rumours that I chose to believe none of it.
Yeah I'm not buying that. An injured player who can have no impact on the game would not be calling out someone in the team. No way. And especially not someone of Starlings talent level.

Whatever happened, keep doing it as our defense was at its best for 2015 @:cool:

Up till the Scumo game, Mase was our only forward to make 100 meters in a game

Sandow rumour - I'm reminded of the Syrian guy (probably a C-B supporter - Nick's team) with a beautiful girlfriend. His name? Azif!!!

That bloke throws up a tonne of rumours and ever now and then one comes true (kinda like most of the media). If you go to his Making the Nut website and look at his weekly updates you'll see what I mean. If they keep saying every week that Tooves is gone they will be right eventually........

Mason's gone ok the last few weeks before the Melb game so it's hard to believe there was much in it with Starling. He didn't get as much time against Melb and was a bit quiet. Whatever!

I'd rather win the spoon for the next 3 years, than see Sandow in a Manly jumper. He is mediocre, and the stick we will have to take from opposition supporters cannot be defended. Most teams have won a spoon so it's defendable, but only one team will call Sandow their halfback, and there's nowhere to hide.

Really? Have you considered the implications of running last three years in a row on the financial bottom line, i.e. spnsorships, memberships etc, not to mention the loss of prestige that entails?

Utter rubbish

Trying to destroy us after our win on the weekend

Name your source Nick or should I say Zorba where you got your info from

2V's position is safe until at least the end of the year

BONDING HITS THE ROCKS
WHAT was supposed to be a team bonding session for Manly at the Harbord Beach Hotel got ugly with a dispute between Willie Mason and Josh Starlingover the veteran front-rower’s recent form.

From the great Buzz Rothfield
I think Mason has been a bit of flop personally, but how Starling can call him out when he isn't even on the field is a bit rich. Not to mention, Mason has achieved far more in the game than Starling probably ever will.

Really? Have you considered the implications of running last three years in a row on the financial bottom line, i.e. spnsorships, memberships etc, not to mention the loss of prestige that entails?
Have you considered the hypothetical and very tongue in cheek nature of my last post? I am just taking a shot at Sandow because he is rubbish...it's all a bit of a laugh.

Your choice of grammar and syntax suggests you intended a literal intrepretation, rather than anything humorous. :)

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7