Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rumour mill

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for the run down @The Who . That's a lot of meetings...every day. sheesh!

@Woodsie Surely you're either the one in souths colours, or second marker pushing the other guy in to do all the work (as a good winger should)....!

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor

Woodsie

played strong, done good.
Last edited:

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Good try Chip ..... but not Ron ..... Ron and his family lived up along Harbord Road, would have made 2 of me and was a handy reserve fullback ..... solid built and also played for Valley United from memory ....
Pretty decent guitarist too from all reports

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Anyone read big Toddy G's laying down of the law. Talking tough the big man

"Take it as read: the first time we put the hammer down this year, it’s going to be harder and bigger," he said. "And if anyone says, 'What about?' Well, there will be no 'what about?' We're in a new era now. It’s a reset. The commission has given me strong guidance to go harder. The deterrents aren't working. And anything relating to violence against women in particular, if it’s proven, will be at the very high end of the scale. If it’s on WhatsApp, it’s the same as Facebook."

I assume that means he won't be giving references for DUI offenders like he recently did for Inglis.

Let's hope Dylan Walker isn't the first to test the waters - is De Belin or Jarhead Hayne ahead of him in the court queue ??

Full article here

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/napa-future-uncertain-as-greenberg-talks-tough-on-player-misconduct-20190121-p50sou.html

Batty

"Take it as read: the first time we put the hammer down this year, it’s going to be harder and bigger," he said. "And if anyone says, 'What about?' Well, there will be no 'what about?' We're in a new era now. It’s a reset. The commission has given me strong guidance to go harder. The deterrents aren't working. And anything relating to violence against women in particular, if it’s proven, will be at the very high end of the scale. If it’s on WhatsApp, it’s the same as Facebook."

I assume that means he won't be giving references for DUI offenders like he recently did for Inglis.

Let's hope Dylan Walker isn't the first to test the waters - is De Belin or Jarhead Hayne ahead of him in the court queue ??

Full article here

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/napa-future-uncertain-as-greenberg-talks-tough-on-player-misconduct-20190121-p50sou.html
Isn't it a scary joke...
He writes character references for players who drive drunk for hours putting innocent lives at risk.... But seems more obsessed with players who get filmed doing stupid things aka Pearce, Carney, Napa.

So many agendas being run by the NRL its sick.

NoRealLeadershipNRL

Zimbalist

Isn't it a scary joke...
He writes character references for players who drive drunk for hours putting innocent lives at risk.... But seems more obsessed with players who get filmed doing stupid things aka Pearce, Carney, Napa.

So many agendas being run by the NRL its sick.

NoRealLeadershipNRL
I think it is the inconsistency at all levels that has the average fan just continually shaking their head.
Rules for some and a different set of rules for others.
Best to just watch the footy and enjoy your team on the field, the rest is just a sideshow of incompetence and devoid of integrity

Batty

Wonder who the well known reporter was that apparently sent pics of a high profile (out of Sydney) player snorting a white substance to club management?

This has been reported on my channel 9s mole so I'd say it has some substance....

Why isn't the NRL demanding the reporter hand over the pics....?

More agendas....

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member

Full article here

No their cases will take ages to be finalised, so looks like Dylan is to be sacrificed to prove the NRL is dedicated to the protection of women*.

*Unless the women are terrorised by Matt Lodge**

**or also unless the women are in danger of being obliterated in a screaming car wreck thanks to a drunk driving high profile player***

*** or also unless they are involved with Ben Barba or other players who just need to straighten themselves out in Thailand for a while****.

**** Who would ever have imagined that Thailand would be a place to go to straighten yourself out and learn to respect women?

Brissie Kid

So how will a footballer be able to undo what has already been done/filmed to fit with the new edict?

If they did something in 2015 and it hits the media in 2019, are they to be punished more heavily as it happened after the NRL's putting the hammer down?

BTW wasn't there a player called 'The Hammer' a while back?

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
So how will a footballer be able to undo what has already been done/filmed to fit with the new edict?

If they did something in 2015 and it hits the media in 2019, are they to be punished more heavily as it happened after the NRL's putting the hammer down?

Don't know about the Hammer but I'm sure there's been a few heroin addicts among the game's elite.

As for punishing old offences by new standards, it's happened recently with historical child sex offences...

'Attorney General Mark Speakman said such offenders will no longer be able to rely on the more lenient sentencing laws and principles in place at the time of their historical offending.
'“Thanks in part to the Child Abuse Royal Commission, in 2018 we have a much better understanding of the lifelong impact and trauma of child sexual abuse and this is reflected in the tougher sentencing principles we have adopted,” Mr Speakman said.'
https://www.justice.nsw.gov.au/Pages/media-news/media-releases/2018/tougher-sentences-for-historical-child-sex-crime.aspx

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO

Mark McGaw was the Hammer on Gladiators after he retired

Shoe1

Full article here

I’m quaking

Andyvb88

Super Coach Member
I think the nrl needs to crack down hard on all trouble makers. That may mean we lose walker but other clubs will be losing some big names too. Hopefully it will put the fear of god in these players and they will pull their heads in. People can say well Inglis did this and barba did that but times change and the nrl can’t continue to allow people to have a pass

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Seeing Todd's head in the media or any other sort of format should be a deterrent to player misbehaviour.:sick:
More seriously, I think one the worst hypocrisies regarding player misbehaviour is that a club is forced to sack a player but he pops up next week wearing different colours with a glowing story of redemption.
IMO any player who commits an offence worthy of a club sacking should be rubbed out for at least a year.
And I know I'm a woman 'foruming' in a blokey environment but I believe more educated and talented women involved in clubs and players' daily lives as part of their football club, can only benefit young men in gaining respect for women.

Ranga

I think the nrl needs to crack down hard on all trouble makers. That may mean we lose walker but other clubs will be losing some big names too. Hopefully it will put the fear of god in these players and they will pull their heads in. People can say well Inglis did this and barba did that but times change and the nrl can’t continue to allow people to have a pass
I understand this perspective but for me there always needs to be proportionality with the punishment - it needs to fit the ‘crime’. The person handing out the punishment also needs to have credibility. Todd’s just grandstanding, as he always does, and let’s not forget that he was the one allegedly responsible for sweeping the alleged Barba DV under the carpet. Oh the irony if he hands down a severe punishment on Walker!

Staff online

• lsz

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom