It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
As every head coach brings his own setup, hard to believe that Manly would extend Baz's staff and not have it contingent on him being the head coach :confused:

You would hope that would be the case, but with the last couple of weeks i wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully they have learnt a few things after all this crap recently

Thanks Manly tragic well apparently Cartwright is possibly coach next 2 years ,Madge has also been offered job according to press and is apparently considering job so question is Penns wouldn't have contacted Madge without being serious lol i hope .So i would say it isn't a done deal with cartwright yet i hope fingers crossed

40410450_1811359328973503_7131391220428832768_n.png

hAha

I'm surprised with everyone's surprise who else was getting the job? We are looking for cheap not good and that's what we get with Carty. But hey the players love him because he has the same expectations of them as Baz none.

How deflating... I won't crucify the bloke yet if he does get the gig but he won't get much time to turn things around before ppl start turning on him given he has been around for the last couple of yrs.

What a cock up by the club extending his contract so we are stuck with him. They can't justify paying Barrett, Cartwright and Randall whilst hiring a whole new coaching staff. Taking the emotion out of this the club has to look at it in business terms. Tigers spent yrs and yrs paying out coaches and players and set them back.
Agreed, we’re not ogres on silvertails. Most of us would support any coach who doesn’t take us to the bottom of the ladder.

I hope all my great mates will miss me from the site here. I do love most of you guys and gals. Can't believe my season ticket run will finish as well.

We'd officially no longer be Manly.

What sport do I follow in Winter? Try to start enjoying the AFL I guess. Swannies.

The question is where will Cartwright rank in our worst coaches in history? Barrett is dead last, followed by Peter Sharp..

I hope all my great mates will miss me from the site here. I do love most of you guys and gals. Can't believe my season ticket run will finish as well.

What sport do I follow in Winter? Try to start enjoying the AFL I guess. Swannies.
Toughen up Bro! Your not related to TB are you?

So Bob Ansett is coming out of retirement to provide some managerial expertise?
When Bob Ansett comes on board he’ll “cut the red tape”.

Fingers crossed we also entice Chuck Mavety from John Valentine health clubs as trainer. “If you don’t look good, we don’t look good.”

Toughen up Bro! Your not related to TB are you?
Has nothing to to with Trent Barrett. It has more to do with the lame arsed product that's lost any sense of what being The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles is, and means.

The Sea Eagles will have then lost 100% of its identity.

The legacy our Sea Eagles legends built like Menzies, The Stewart's, Matai, Ballin, Hasler & Toovey will have been completely dissolved.

I have a passion for this club. Cartwright is 100% not this club. Only this last season he was knocked back from other opportunities in the market place. His old club had both a drug and alcohol culture. He lacked result. As too, his bully in Ferris.

If you think the product we are witnessing is Manly, then good on you. I have too much respect for that emblem to support the disjustice these current clowns are doing to it.

When Bob Ansett comes on board he’ll “cut the red tape”.

Fingers crossed we also entice Chuck Mavety from John Valentine health clubs as trainer. “If you don’t look good, we don’t look good.”
OMG - I lost almost a years' membership when John Valentine closed unexpectedly.:mad:

All these 70s memories make me think of the Golden Age of Maaaanly :inlove:

Weren't you on here yesterday saying how excited you were for next year and alluding to a great new signing ?

I'm not excited about Cartwright either, but the track record of this club for the past few years didn't let me raise my expectations in regards to anything manly anyway.

The Cartwright appointment (if true) is our club management in a nutshell. The easiest, cheapest and least effort required. Doesn't even look like we have interviewed anyone else, just given it to the guy who is already here.

Joke.

Last edited:
Has nothing to to with Trent Barrett. It has more to do with the lame arsed product that's lost any sense of what being The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles is, and means.

The Sea Eagles will have then lost 100% of its identity.

The legacy our Sea Eagles legends built like Menzies, The Stewart's, Matai, Ballin, Hasler & Toovey will have been completely dissolved.

I have a passion for this club. Cartwright is 100% not this club. Only this last season he was knocked back from other opportunities in the market place. His old club had both a drug and alcohol culture. He lacked result. As too, his bully in Ferris.

If you think the product we are witnessing is Manly, then good on you. I have too much respect for that emblem to support the disjustice these current clowns are doing to it.
I hear ya @Ryan

Weren't you on here yesterday saying how excited you were for next year and allyding to a great new signing ?

I'm not excited about Cartwright either, but the track record of this club for the past few years didn't let me raise my expectations in regards to anything manly anyway.

The Cartwright appointment (if true) is our club management in a nutshell. The easiest, cheapest and least effort required. Doesn't even look like we have interviewed anyone else, just given it to the guy who is already here.

Joke.

Yes, I also didn't think we'd be absolutely ridiculous enough to continue with Cartwright and Ferris (as this would be the absolute worst scenario).

I've laid out why in many threads including alcohol culture (which I relayed months ago), drug culture (Titans), poor results (both clubs), attitude (laughing when getting flogged) and many other things.

On paper we have a great team (given signings). We need a true leader, not some guy who hangs with Randall and the players getting parraletic with them at Manly Skiff Club and other places like I've personally seen.

Cartwright being held onto totally dissolves any excitement I may have had.

Hey, I never knew "disjustice" was a word...can you please enlighten me.
I assume it's similar enough to "injustice" but not quite, yeah?

PS - I'm serious.

I cant believe an employee quits his job but demands to get paid for the next 12 months! Thats crazy. If he wants to quit, go otherwise you will have to stay and earn your pay cleaning the toilets

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8