It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
I still believe that Phil Gould sold Barrett's virtues as a coach to Bozo so that he would get head coaching experience somewhere away from where it would hurt Penrith.

If Barrett was as good as what Gould was saying, why did he immediately move him out of the Panthers U/20s coaching position after just one year, then 6 months later do what he could to get him out of the Panthers altogether without having to sack him? All while making it appear as if he was trying to help his mate further his coaching career.
Bozo had first hand experience with Barrett during their combined SOO tenure - Gus may have talked him up but Bozo knew what he was getting

Bozo had first hand experience with Barrett during their combined SOO tenure - Gus may have talked him up but Bozo knew what he was getting

Difference is that Barrett wasn't in charge of anything significant when he was involved with the NSW coaching staff. Which was roughly the same position he was in at Penrith when he signed to coach Manly, Gus had already moved him out of any position where he made the decisions after he managed to get the reigning U/20s premiers to miss the Finals.

Every time Barrett has been a head coach - Country Origin, Penrith U/20s, Manly.....he's pretty much failed at it.

He'd probably make a decent assistant coach and one day in a few years may be a decent head coach. But not right now.

To be fair to Bozo about his SOO experience with Barrett, it was not a pre-season and full playing season campaign with the players. Barretts relationship with the players would be completely different to what it would be in a full time role.

I doubt Barrett is ready to be the man in charge all the time yet, and that would not have been apparent in the short cycle SOO stage.

Edit:
Pretty much what HOLDENV8 was writing at exactly the same time.

Maguire in the frame as Sea Eagles go cold on Carty
Michael Maguire had some form of contact with Manly on four occasions in the past week as the club goes cold on the idea of appointing assistant John Cartwright to replace Trent Barrett, who is at war with the Sea Eagles and certain to leave.

Maguire is considered the best coach available to slot into a club that needs reshaping. If he had his way, there is no question Maguire would take the Broncos coaching job when that comes up. He may have to take Manly instead.

Maguire is a good judge of a footballer. He can see potential in the Manly squad. There is a lot to like about the playing group.

The first and most pressing issue facing the Sea Eagles is the position of the Trbojevic brothers, Jake and Tom. They are not happy with Barrett’s treatment, but were happy Cartwright was set to take over. They will need to be sold on Maguire, if he is interested.

The Trbojevics are the most important figures in the future of the Sea Eagles. A year ago, if you had asked either of the brothers if they would ever think about leaving Manly, they would have ridiculed the idea. Now there is discussion that they need to be talked to so they can be shored up.
And he may want Micheal Monoghan as his assistant from what i heard.

To be fair to Bozo about his SOO experience with Barrett, it was not a pre-season and full playing season campaign with the players. Barretts relationship with the players would be completely different to what it would be in a full time role.

I doubt Barrett is ready to be the man in charge all the time yet, and that would not have been apparent in the short cycle SOO stage.

Edit:
Pretty much what HOLDENV8 was writing at exactly the same time.

Snap @:p

At the moment, we appear to be the only team actively searching for a 2019 coach, so we seem to have first dibs at maguire.

However, With Nathan Cleary extending his stay at the riff, one would think that Ivan will head to the panthers.

If the Tigpies release him, then they could be in the mix for madge aswell. So if the club wants his signature, we need to move.

At the moment, we appear to be the only team actively searching for a 2019 coach, so we seem to have first dibs at maguire.

However, With Nathan Cleary extending his stay at the riff, one would think that Ivan will head to the panthers.

If the Tigpies release him, then they could be in the mix for madge aswell. So if the club wants his signature, we need to move.

Not the current Manly way.
Will start making moves #nextweek when he has signed on with the Tigers

COACHING CIRCUS ABOUT TO START?.

Wests Tigers - As it stands the Wests Tigers have identified former South Sydney Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire as the man to take charge of the Tigers club next season if Ivan Cleary leaves.

Manly Sea Eagles - The Manly Sea Eagles are very keen on signing current Brisbane Broncos coach Wayne Bennett to help rebuild the club from season 2019 and beyond!!.

Thoughts ?.

I would really Prefer Maguire Bennett couldn't do anything at the knights !!!

Wests Tigers - As it stands the Wests Tigers have identified former South Sydney Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire as the man to take charge of the Tigers club next season if Ivan Cleary leaves.

Manly Sea Eagles - The Manly Sea Eagles are very keen on signing current Brisbane Broncos coach Wayne Bennett to help rebuild the club from season 2019 and beyond!!.

Thoughts ?.

Wayne is not the answer for us simple as that , he just is not the right fit for us.

Hi im confused, ive been following the coach saga closely .Ive never heard of Bennett being mentioned i believe Maguire from numerous sources has been approached and numerous occasions has met with club.Nzl rugby league today has given there blessings to find a nrl club and have no problem with him doing so.As a curve ball i believe that the manly club need to act swiftly not only for our preseason but the fact that Nathan cleary has signed with penrith long term and the Tigers could be after a coach very soon so agree lock Maguire up.

Last edited:
Hi im confused, ive been following the coach saga closely .Ive never heard of Bennett being mentioned i believe Maguire from numerous sources has been approached and numerous occasions has met with club.Nzl rugby league today has given there blessings to find a nrl club and have no problem with him doing so.As a curve ball i believe that the manly club need to act swiftly not only for our preseason but the fact that Nathan cleary has signed with penrith long term and the Tigers could be after a coach very soon so agree lock Maguire up.
Bennett probably was never mentioned in the media as coming here ,but some numpty here mentions it and then bang ,a hack puts it in print .

Are you saying that the media are trolling our posts OUTRAGE!!They cant be with the bull**** we post Plus arnet we NUMPTYS

Thoughts ?.

Wayne did get the Knights to a prelim final.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7