Rugby Australia: A Cautionary Tale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ricardo

Bencher
As a once die hard rugby fan I still get a few Rugby Australia posts through my FB feed. I clicked on one to see what was on offer ... check out the comments.
Every. Single. Comment.
Screenshot_20190714-150149_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190714-150217_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190714-150229_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190714-150244_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190714-150255_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190714-150308_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190714-150325_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rugby Australia is not just irrelevant. It is HATED. ALL their posts are like this (until the posts get deleted, yes i have proof). I was pretty much the first to lol when Folau was punted, but in RA's case this is pretty much the worst thing they could have done, assuming their mission is to grow the game. They have killed the game in one fell swoop and will possibly go bankrupt because of it.

I know a couple of old blondes who were fanatical Waratah and Wallabies supporters but no more. And they aren’t even religious. The ARU have sadly underestimated their actions. Union in this country is in trouble. Due to farcical refereeing, judiciary decisions and Greenberg’s disinterest in consistency the NRL will start loosing disallusioned supporters / viewers in drovesas well who will stop tuning in and that means the golden goose (Broadcasting deals) will stop laying golden eggs.

I wouldn't judge Facebook comments as public sentiment, the vast majority of people don't go around commenting on Facebook

Also people tend to when they are irate, so in this case the far right are pissed, if Izzy was still playing I'd be confident the far left would be attacking the post the same way

Regardless of where you sit with the Folau case, it's been handled poorly and I think the matter has simply been a tipping point and an excuse for people to finally throw in the towel after over a decade of incompetence has made the game unwatchable at the top level. It's funny (and not really a surprise) that as Super Rugby games drop in attendance, local (Shute Shield) games are growing in attendance.
But this is exactly the way the NRL appears to be headed; with the administration more interested in things like expansion, flashy marketing and the latest technology rather than preserving the soul of the game and the clubs that made it what it was.

The biggest crime those in charge commit is telling the fans what they want instead of understanding what makes the game great as a fan.
Sport should never be a business or product - it's sport. That's what gave Australia such a great sporting culture compared to the rest of the world in the last century. And sadly every year we lose another piece of that culture.

Agreed. They've been outsourcing the development of the game in this country to the Pacific Islands and League for years. Now they reap what they sow.

And as I said in the other thread .... just wait to see how strong Qantas's principles are if their bottom line and profits start to get effected ... They will fall over like an Italian soccer player .... they are all just a bunch of politically correct virtue signaling weenies in an office pressing the "correct" buttons without a trace of honour amongst them ....

I have no doubt that they probably care little for the feelings of drunks, fornicators and atheists ... their outrage was purely for an imagined damage to their image ....loss of face .....

They have seriously under estimated the support Folau and/or his views have .... I was surprised that many of those posters had anglo saxon names and were not predominantly Polynesian .......

ARU was ****ed when they turned their backs on the capital city grade competitions - that was their strength and allowed NRL recruits (Rogers, Wendell & co) to walk straight into their rep and Wallaby teams.

It has been all downhill since then

And just like Cricket ... when the National team became #1 .... and players were actually contracted to the National team rather than being selected from the grade comp .. to the State side ... and then to Australia .....

.. and PSSS ... I predict that this is only going to get a whole lot worse ... on one side you have true believers ... on the other side you have image manipulaters .....

Regardless of the outcome of the court case ..... When Izzy the Prophet is free to form his own Ministry and preach from the pulpit ... warmed by his supporters and comforted with the $millions flowing in from the congregation .... the fight will be on ....

Rugby Australia was well F****d long before the Izzy saga.
And, this just looks like targeted replies on an obscure post - it's not hard to get 40 mates to bag the **** out of something for you online.

Muzz ... don't be too sure of that ... plenty, and I mean plenty of true believers jumped into that #Gofundme real quick and then to the church fund pledging money .... no matter how wrong we may think his views are .... there are a large group of silent people out there that support either, God, the Bible ,Izzy or a combination of all three .....

Muzz ... don't be too sure of that ... plenty, and I mean plenty of true believers jumped into that #Gofundme real quick and then to the church fund pledging money .... no matter how wrong we may think his views are .... there are a large group of silent people out there that support either, God, the Bible ,Izzy or a combination of all three .....
And there are even more who want to see who want to see the current Rugby Australia administration tossed out. Hell I'd probably support someone's right to carry out blood sacrifices if it meant getting rid of greenturd.

It's really bizarre how this whole thing has turned out.

People claiming his sacking infringed upon his freedom of speech - no, he was free to say whatever he wanted to say but that freedom of speech doesn't come without consequences.

People claiming he's been discriminated against due to his religious beliefs - no, he is free to believe in whatever he wants but is not free to offend people in the process.

People claiming he has the right to religious freedom & to spread the word according to his church - well, sure, as long as it doesn't offend or marginalise people.

Then you have all the people who have vested interests/their own agendas either supporting him or opposing him:

People who dont like RA.

People who dont like the apparent control QANTAS has over RA.

People who dont like Alan Joyce, the CEO of QANTAS because:
-he annoys them
-he's gay
-the apparent control his company has over RA.

People who dont like QANTAS because they once had a bad flight with them.

People who share the same religious beliefs as Folau.

Alan Jones, for whatever political reason he had for opposing RA, QANTAS & Alan Joyce.

Etc.

It's a real can of worms, so much so that the real crux of the matter is being pushed aside while everyone else grinds their axes.

I wouldn't judge Facebook comments as public sentiment, the vast majority of people don't go around commenting on Facebook

Shorely they wudnt be true rugby fans on the twitface feed they cant spell use punktuation or make a sendtense proper weather there christyans or not their just agitaters i reckon cant bileive u @ricardo wood thinks thats reilly wot the rugger fans wud right.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4