Rubbish Halfbacks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Say the dogs win on Sunday with Keating at half....

Since Hasler in 87' has there ever been a ****ter halfback to steer a team to a premiership?

Funny you mention that. Because Brent Sherwin was another rubbish halfback that won a premiership with the dogs.

Sherwin > Hasler.

Im only 27 but watched enough of Hasler to think he was not much of a halfback. I honestly never thought much of him.

Daryl Somers could have played halfback in 87 and we still would have won.

F*** me!!

Kimmorley.

On another note does anyone cringe everytime Kimmorley spins "under tge radar" **** about the dogs on Fox. He's such a ****ing muppet! I can't stand him.

Really Napper 27, you come across as a grumpy old bugger :p

Hasler made up for what he lacked in natural ability with fitness and a fierce competitive nature.

How many ranga halfbacks have won? The kid is up against it, a toiler and a ranga! You know you are struggling when the coach says - mate leave the ball playing to the experts "
and then turns to Kasiano and co

They utilize most of there games through the forwards.Besides they have forwards that can pass like halves as we saw with there last try last week.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
They utilize most of there games through the forwards.Besides they have forwards that can pass like halves as we saw with there last try last week.

They do - but lets be clear, despite what some would have you believe, the Dogs played like this last year. It is not a creation of the new coach

Orford???

For the record Hasler was a top notch half, a fantastic player indeed.

Hasler was a terrific half, you have to give him that. Not much in the skills department but more than good enough to push Phil Blake out of the Seven jumper in quicktime. I remember watching Hasler back in '84 and we hadn't had a half who could consistently make such long breaks from the scrumbase since Johnny Gibbs in his heyday. Rick Chisholm had it in him but he was a selfish player and he didn't capitalise on his natural ability. Hasler was a revelation back then.

I will always remember Haslers performance against NZ in 88 ( I think? Was only eight myself) when he replaced Brandy as half in the second half of the second test against the Kiwis over there. He started in the next game too if I recall ala cliffy in the 1990 Roos tour.

Trust me napper I would like to hate the bloke but he could play and he can definitely coach. And I would much prefer the bloke to have success despit how he left us than a cheat like Bellamy.

Napper said:
Sherwin > Hasler.

Im only 27 but watched enough of Hasler to think he was not much of a halfback. I honestly never thought much of him.

Daryl Somers could have played halfback in 87 and we still would have won.

F*** me!!

Kimmorley.

On another note does anyone cringe everytime Kimmorley spins "under tge radar" s**t about the dogs on Fox. He's such a f**king muppet! I can't stand him.

Yep, 288 first grade games, 12 Origins, 12 Tests, 2 premierships...sounds like s**t player to me ;)

Shoe1 said:
Hasler was great in the 80s, you're too young to know napper!

Napper may be young, but he is an incredible judge of a footy player. If Napper is 27 and thinks Daryl Somers could have played half as well as Des in the '87 decider, you have to remember, Napper was only 2 at the time. :p Yeah yeah....i know lol.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6