RTS quits NRL and heads home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pt73

Bencher
Premium Member

Rugby league has seen the last of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck with the New Zealand Warriors superstar quitting the NRL immediately.

The 28-year-old will return home on Thursday to get a head start on the next chapter in his career, which includes a move to Super Rugby franchise the Auckland Blues and potentially a World Cup berth next year with the All Blacks.

The uncertainty about when the Kiwi players can get back to New Zealand was a big reason behind the shock decision.
The Warriors are also out of the NRL finals race, which meant they were more than happy to grant Tuivasa-Sheck his one final wish given everything he had already done for the club.

Tuivasa-Sheck was due to return from concussion against the Wests Tigers this weekend. He finished with 195 NRL games, including a premiership with the Sydney Roosters in 2013. The gun No. 1 also won the Dally M Medal in 2018.

“It’s a tough decision to leave this group and leave this club,” Tuivasa-Sheck said on Monday.

Warriors CEO Cameron George added: “He’s led us through the toughest times in our club’s history, and this is one way we can repay him for that.

“There are no problems with ourselves and Roger, it’s about us finding the best solution during a very challenging time.”

Tuivasa-Sheck endorsed his fullback heir apparent Reece Walsh.

Wonder how he managed to get an MIQ room for quarantine, I know people who can’t get one until October

You wouldn’t begrudge any of the Warriors players some slack with returning home, now their out of the finals.

Perennial under achievers who have avoided scrutiny due to Covid. They have a very good list and when all’s said and done this year they will likely run second last. There’s always an excuse for the Warriors and I’m from a family of Warriors supporters who kind of feel the same way. I think everyone acknowledges the challenges they have faced but let’s be honest there are worse places to be based than the CC with your family in units. Plus Melb did it most of last year as well.

Super talented player and good guy, it’s sad to see him leave the Code particularly this way, I hope his union journey results in success for him, it would of been nice to see him ply his trade behind a decent side in the NRL

it would of been nice to see him ply his trade behind a decent side in the NRL

Yes probably in a year or so he will sign on for one of those minimum pay deals to have a surprise, sentimental homecoming to the Roosters.

Going to the warriors was the best thing he ever did... Sure, it guranteed he would almost never play finals footy again.. but being the only talented player in a shockingly under performing team handed him a dally m award he never would have won playing with a half decent outfit... Easy to stand out when your a whale swimming with the guppies

He knew the warriors were not going to win anything as soon as they appointed Nathan brown as coach

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4