Round 4 wrap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
Manly once again brave effort but still lacking that precise feel. Walker should stay at 5/8 he was great tonight he and cherry combined well. DCE got his 1st try assist tonight which was long awaited. He will probably be alright next week but if not chuck Lyon at 5/8 walker to 1/2 back but he should be right. Drop starling for Lussick and it'll be right starling did put offer much but is still good depth. Team for next week assuming DCE pulls up well.

1.Stewart(vc)
2.Tafua
3.Lyon(c)(gk)
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Walker
7.Cherry-Evans(vc)
8.Lussick
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.Mateo
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic

14.Brown
15.Lawrence
16.Symonds
17.Vave

Here's my player scores

1.Stewart-5-wasn't given enough space to do his magic was good defensively
2.Tafua-3-Night to forget for him was good with his try and meters and defence but dropped the ball and struggled under the high ball but dropping him to reserve grade is not the answer maybe push Matai out for the high kicks
3.Lyon-8-Great kicking and good try
4.Brown-6-made good meters and defence was poor though
5.Trbojevic-7-again showed why he is one for the future with good carries and set up a nice try
6.Walker-9-Starting to settle with DCE and is running the ball a lot he was our best tonight
7.Cherry-Evans-7-Injured late in the 2nd half but set up walker with a good try and his kicking and defence looked great
8.Starling-4-didn't stand up in any areas
9.Parcell-8-Great game again had great service and defence from dummy half
10.Myles-7-Showed a lot more than previous encounters was good in defence
11.Buhrer-2-Another injury for the unlucky guy
12.Mateo-7-Set up a great try and made took the pressure off of the halves
13.Trbojevic-8-Was reliable and solid great work rate is bound for origin

14.Lussick-6.5-Terrific run and made lots of impact
15.Leary-6-Was good but not great not good enough for a starting spot next week
16.Burgess-5-Was alright but isn't the bloke who played for Souths
17.Vave-7-Bent the line and made 126 meters!

Lussick is so frustrating. He makes a great bust then, minutes later when we have Easts pined on their goal line he gives away a stupid penalty with some push and shove.
As many of us suspected, this guy is dumb.

I must have missed DCE's try assist. Can you talk me through it ?

Hoorhey needs to go back to a Shawn hairdo, he's been playing like a girl since he started growing it.

Manly once again brave effort but still lacking that precise feel. Walker should stay at 5/8 he was great tonight he and cherry combined well. DCE got his 1st try assist tonight which was long awaited. He will probably be alright next week but if not chuck Lyon at 5/8 walker to 1/2 back but he should be right. Drop starling for Lussick and it'll be right starling did put offer much but is still good depth. Team for next week assuming DCE pulls up well.

1.Stewart(vc)
2.Tafua
3.Lyon(c)(gk)
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Walker
7.Cherry-Evans(vc)
8.Lussick
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.Mateo
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic

14.Brown
15.Lawrence
16.Symonds
17.Vave

Here's my player scores

1.Stewart-5-wasn't given enough space to do his magic was good defensively
2.Tafua-3-Night to forget for him was good with his try and meters and defence but dropped the ball and struggled under the high ball but dropping him to reserve grade is not the answer maybe push Matai out for the high kicks
3.Lyon-8-Great kicking and good try
4.Brown-6-made good meters and defence was poor though
5.Trbojevic-7-again showed why he is one for the future with good carries and set up a nice try
6.Walker-9-Starting to settle with DCE and is running the ball a lot he was our best tonight
7.Cherry-Evans-7-Injured late in the 2nd half but set up walker with a good try and his kicking and defence looked great
8.Starling-4-didn't stand up in any areas
9.Parcell-8-Great game again had great service and defence from dummy half
10.Myles-7-Showed a lot more than previous encounters was good in defence
11.Buhrer-2-Another injury for the unlucky guy
12.Mateo-7-Set up a great try and made took the pressure off of the halves
13.Trbojevic-8-Was reliable and solid great work rate is bound for origin

14.Lussick-6.5-Terrific run and made lots of impact
15.Leary-6-Was good but not great not good enough for a starting spot next week
17.Vave-7-Bent the line and made 126 meters!

I agree with just about all your player summaries, but have to disagree with these two points.

Stewart was defensively poor by his standards tonight. I thought he was often caught out of position for covering tackles and high kicks. I actually thought he was poor (missing) in all areas, though I can't comment on how well he was organising the defence from behind. @:smirk:

And DCE's kicking game was well below the standards I expect from a million dollar playmaker with a boot on him like he has. Too often kicked ineffectually and never put any pressure on the opposition with his kicks. He dribbled it over the sidelines once and that was about the only effective kick I recall.

But yeah, the rest of it I think is spot on ;)

You saying Lussick is a favourite? I thought he might be but being in reggies the last 2 weeks says otherwise.

Maybe but i an pretty sure turbo does not pick the team but his favorites can get away with murder

Souffs found that he wasn't the bloke who played for Leeds either, that's why they didn't mind Kelly poaching him. We bought the wrong Burgess brother. Should have gone for one of the twins.

The good thing is that Taupau and BJ will be back and fresh on Thursday against Souffs, maybe T-Red as well. The bad thing is we're going to have to do it without DCE.

Walker again was good in attack terrible in defence. When we play **** and win I won't complain. But appart from last week Walker has defended in the centre and been crap. By the end if the year he will be one of the best attacking halves. But his defence really has to pick up. It s a disappointing drop backwards from last week in defence from him:-(

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Their tries withstanding, walker and tafua had shockers defensively.
I'd consider dropping tafua seriously, apart from the excellent half volley his game was terrible.

Jorge is rocks and diamonds.

Against the Dogs he pulled in a pass that he had no right to take and scored.

Against the Chooks he held onto a half-volley he again had no right to take and scores. Yet for the next 74 minutes it was like he sprayed oil on his hands instead of Grippo. Then he dives onto the ball at the death without spilling it to secure the win.

His defensive reads are a health hazard. His hands in general play are worse than Chocs. But his hands when there is a try to be had are damn near perfect. And he runs the ball hard when he can actually hold onto the ball and takes pressure from tiring forwards.

Thank God he's only on the wing and there is only one of him LOL

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4