Rose Needs To Be There!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Sure he has not been at peak fitness but Big George has NEVER been the ripped 6 pack foward with massive numbers, simply impact.
Loved he was there against the Dogs pack & Im pretty sure they didn't.
Imo he has the best go foward up the middle with only Choc possessing a quicker play the ball.
When looking for impact off the bench I always feel more confident seeing Rose in the top 17 & he always gives much needed oomph with big charges & a few handy offloads.
Sure he will pick himself as he gains match fitness & for mine, its great to have the big bloke back.

I'm sure Tooves has his reason for leaving big George out, but he is just what we have been missing in my view and I think he showed that against the Dogs.

I second this, Georgey must play against Canberra on Sunday. DCE needs space to create & George can provide this by eating the metres as well as creating 2nd phase play with his deft offloads.

I agree that he does need to be there.

Cant agree with the proposition that he is 2nd fastest in the play the ball.

Jatz Crackers said:

Fair call Jatz - may be stretching the speed of his play the ball but the defenders often stagger back into line after being semi scattered by Rose, giving similar effect.
He does have good agility though & at times gets up pretty quickly.

Rose has proven to be a thorn in the oppositions ass . Rose needs to be there!!!

Jatz Crackers said:

He does have a fairly quick play the ball most of the time.

I think this is that he is simply too big for normal wrestling and doesnt get turtled and turned around as often as most others therefore is already facing in the right direction.

We are a premiership squad whenever we have Rose fighting fit, and Joe G coming off the bench. Huge metres that bend the line, off the bench. No rest for the opposition and suits our grinding style.

He needs to be there until he starts to slacken off.
Des stuck with him (and others) when he/they was/were badly out of form.
I can't see Tooves following that example so George should be highly motivated to produce his best each week. Awesome.

Fluffy said:
Jatz Crackers said:

He does have a fairly quick play the ball most of the time.

I think this is that he is simply too big for normal wrestling and doesnt get turtled and turned around as often as most others therefore is already facing in the right direction.
I agree with you Fluffy . Rose does get up fairly quick for a big man to play the ball. He can also put on a quick right foot step that even the Great Bobby Fulton would be proud of . How many front row forwards can do that !

Rose can handle wrestle better than most and can manage the tackle to his advantage more that most.

But you also have to consider the time taken to play the ball once the defenders have completed the tackle. He has just as many instances where he is slow to rise and actually place/feed/& play the ball which is why i wouldnt regard him as 2nd fastest player of the ball in our team.

quickest prop in my opinion

Kite is on his back after backing in
King gets manhandled around a bit
Joe the same
Lussick drops the ball before getting to play it
Mauro does everything in slow motion

It made sense to leave him in reserve grade, to get him hungry again. If he had heart he would come back strong. If not he would perish.
He showed he had heart. Resting him now will mess his head up. Gorgeous played well, he deserves his spot.

Maybe Lussick is ahead of Rose for contract negotiation reasons? Same as Liam in f/g ahead of Riccardi to assist with Keiran's contract extension?

Jatz Crackers said:

Agreed Jatz. Against the Dogs he was the fastest.

Many picked Ballin as amongst their best against the Dogs. Guess off whose play-the-ball he made his metres?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7