Roosters Stars and their Salary Sombrero

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I doubt there is another team in the comp that wouldn't pay Latrell to play 5/8 or fullback.

Mitchell is all but established as a $1,000,000 per season player at this point. I'd have him over Ponga, for example. There is no way that a club like the Tigers, Eels, or Cowboys wouldn't do whatever it takes to get him on their books, and would gladly entice him to seek an early release to do so.

Or think about what happened to us after 2011, DCE's contract was clearly undervalued and so his manager put pressure on the club to give him an upgrade.

These sorts of things are a regular occurrence now, and yet it never seems to happen to Roosters players.

Nothing to see here. Cronk is on 1.5 mill and retires this year.

Plenty of $$ in the cap for Latrell :D

Nothing to see here. Cronk is on 1.5 mill and retires this year.

Plenty of $$ in the cap for Latrell :D
Upgraded contracts never eat into their cap either... it’s always a case of player X retired and his money is now available in the cap.

Teddy
Cronk
Mitchell
Critchon
Keary

All 1 million on the open market

Radley
Cordner (C)
Hall
Friend
JWH (VP)

All high value players 500K+

That's over 7.5 million right there.

Morris
Auberson
Lam
Lui
Tackyasshole
Tupou
Tetaveno
Manu
Ivanaku

Not bad players to have on the minimum.

Agree.

Ferguson was on 800k b4 he went to Parra
Matherson, 600k.

Lots of room left @:D

But look at who they signed just to replace Ferguson. Brett Morris, arguably the best Australian winger of the past decade, and Ryan Hall, arguably the best Pommy winger of the past decade. Sure, both are probably past their best (I'd have loved to have seen Hall in the NRL 5-6 years ago), but neither would be cheap.

And um.....Ferguson wasn't on $800k. He was basically thrown a bargain basement price lifeline by the Chooks.

Other than maybe Brisbane, name another NRL club who can afford to replace one international winger.....with two of them. And in the Chooks case, that is while around $4 million of the $9.4 million salary cap is tied up in just 4 players (Cronk, Tedesco, Mitchell and Crichton).

Edit: and that is also while having Boyd Cordner, the current NSW Origin and Kangaroos Test captain no less, and internationals Daniel Tupou, JWH, Luke Keary and Jake Friend. Those 9 players alone (including the Four Million Foursome) would take up at least 6-7 million of the salary cap. Just where do they fit another 20 or 21 players? Some of who are also internationals like Manu, Lam, Liu and Taukeiaho.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4