Roosters are Fresh

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Who cares, so were Souths.
After limping to a courageous victory over the Sharks, just 1 week after that brutal Roosters game, Manly come back from 14 - 0 down , to run away in style.
If anything the zest against Souths was shown by a battle hardened team, better off for the weekly slog than having a weeks rest.
The Roosters have had a week off....an easy win over the knights....this may not be the blessing many claim it is.
Though there's a few injuries, the momentum Manly have created by winning some tough games without the so called luxury week off, could well be an advantage come Sunday.
As for the Roosters, the time off could actually come against them in the latter stages of a rugged game.

Rooster fans have really sat up and taken notice after Friday night. My family are Roosters fans, and I know a number, and they were all expecting to play souths in the GF.

Previously the comments were 'I'd prefer to play Manly', now after Friday night they have realized this is one helluva team and culture they are up against in the GF and confidence levels have dropped a little from chookies fans.

The thing that stood out to me on Friday night was that Maguire looked very nervous (hard to know if he had his mind on other things with the tragic passing of his mother) and I thought some of the players did too. There was a little of the deer caught in the headlights look about them.

The Roosters also have limited GF experience, and very little winning GF experience. Mini and SBW...I think that's it?

Pearce, Maloney etc have all had losing experience.

Strap yourselves in Manly fans, Sunday is going to be a blockbuster!

The Roosters certainly havent had the same path to the GF that we have had. This talk of us being fatigued is malarky. So i think our battle hardened boys will have a slight advantage over the Roosters. Purely because of the amount of relentless, intense football we have played in the last month - and the confidence/character building our come from behind victory gave us last week

Wolfie and Tommy Gun only eat fresh meat :p

Smarts will win the game :exclamation:

I hope that Manly kick to their athletic Wingers, then smash them into the Grandstand as soon as their chicken feet hit the grass :idea:

9 day turnaround is gold for us. Our blokes had so many 5 and 6 day ones all season, 9 will feel like luxury.

Another thing.
When we played them 2 weeks ago SBW was very well contained by our boys. We gave him little room to do anything. Everyones talking him up leading them to glory this year. Their whole team look to him as some kind of demi-god. If he is contained i think the rest of them will not know what to do and have quiet games. I think he will be smothered by us in defence and have a quiet game, while we win it on the back of Chezza/Foz/Jamie brilliance

Very true Maxta, I was thinking the same thing.....
The Chooks are ready to cook.......a tasty dish with the right preperation......... marinade SBW slowly by softening up his ribs with a Watmough special, fry Maloney with a Foran crunch & make sure JWH is plucked & well done, in fact burn him with Matai smash sauce...
As for you Maxta, get off that phone & go sell some houses!!

We really need to contain JWH, if he is quiet everything else doesn't flow for the Roosters. They are used to this year having him bullocking forward, drawing in defenders, getting quick play of the balls, then Friend sets off....Pearce has a retreating defensive line.....SBW and the backrowers then start hitting holes and offloading.

Really need Kite and Lawrence to stop him and slow him down.

On Saturday night Pearce looked world class, as he was constantly running at a broken defensive line. I think Pearce is a good player, but like most halves if his forwards aren't pushing forward he wont have much.

HappilyManly said:
Smarts will win the game :exclamation:

I hope that Manly kick to their athletic Wingers, then smash them into the Grandstand as soon as their chicken feet hit the grass :idea:

Yes.
If we play well, concentrate on our game, execution, great defense and make very few mistakes, we'll take the title!

eagleeatsrooster1.jpg

Go Manly!

Killer03 said:
We really need to contain JWH, if he is quiet everything else doesn't flow for the Roosters. They are used to this year having him bullocking forward, drawing in defenders, getting quick play of the balls, then Friend sets off....Pearce has a retreating defensive line.....SBW and the backrowers then start hitting holes and offloading.

On Saturday night Pearce looked world class, as he was constantly running at a broken defensive line. I think Pearce is a good player, but like most halves if his forwards aren't pushing forward he wont have much.

I get the impression Kite and JWH don't really like each other all that much, JWH seems to go after Kite in every match they play each other.

I'm backing Kite to have aaa dive GF

Killer03 said:

Ballin and Watmough will often be getting him. Watch out for those elbows, men.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6