Rockers vs Silvertails had nothing on this!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
BULLDOGS supporters have turned on one another with death threats, sexual innuendo, racism, prank calls and talk of gang bashings.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal two sets of fans on rival Bulldogs websites have become embroiled in a row that threatens to cause a racial divide among club fans.

Members of The Kennel fan website are angered a rival website, BluenWhite, has been set-up.

BluenWhite bloggers claim to have been terrorised on forums by The Kennel members and told they would be "mugged and bashed'' if they attend any Bulldog matches. Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg described the war as "childish''.

The drama comes ahead of Saturday's fan day at Homebush. BluenWhite members fear for their safety with Matthew Attard, 18, of Port Macquarie, receiving a death threat and five prank calls yesterday.

He was also threatened with his life last year. "I was told by a bloke at The Kennel that they couldn't wait to see me at the Newcastle game and that they would 'f...ing kill me you fat c...','' Attard said.

"I'm not going to spend $300 and have a six-hour drive each way to Sydney for matches to put up with trouble. I'm a Bulldogs member who has spent thousands of dollars on merchandise and I watch all the games.

"The Kennel try to threaten and intimidate you. That's why we broke away and created our own site. There is a lot of racism on The Kennel. Having said that, 99 per cent of Bulldogs fans are great people. It is only the small minority that cause trouble.''

Danny Jarman, The Kennel's administrator, has been unable to find any evidence to substantiate the claims. "I can't find any evidence to back up the accusations,'' he said. "If I do find evidence, those people will be permanently barred.

"That kind of behaviour will not be tolerated. But it sounds like a storm in a teacup. The club has been through a lot and is now back on track. It doesn't need these accusations.''

But BluenWhite members claim people from The Kennel are posing as players and making threats. "It looks like players are threatening to bash their own fans,'' said Brendon Meynell, who helped set up BluenWhite.

"They (The Kennel) were upset about the new site. We were told not to turn up to any Bulldog events or we'd be mugged or bashed.''

Meynell believes racism has been prominent in the spat. "I am a white Kiwi and was told I was a `bloody white c...','' he said. "This has been going on for three months now. I went on to The Kennel website and asked for calm and they said people shouldn't listen to me and that we'd be shown how Lebs do things.

"They also called us homos and doctored up photos of us.''

Greenberg was attempting to play down the troubles among some fans. "We are pleased with preparations for our 2009 campaign and a childish feud among rival websites hardly warrants our attention,'' he said.

"It will not distract us as we look forward to catching up with Bulldog supporters and members at our fan day on Saturday.''

You are only about 6 hours behind the other thread, but thats pretty good for you  :)

either way it is good advertisement for both sites.

Maybe Dan should leak the details of his war with the official manly website regarding to his APPARENT taking down of the site.

It is a bloody good move by both parties to be honest, especially with it getting to the papers. The financial value of both the sites just increased significantly.

I wish I had been bothered to run to the press with some of the stuff that went on.

Oh well we do alriht and do a damn good job of not having to deal with too many supporters of other sites so you take the good with the bad

Canteen Worker link said:
I hope you aren't referring to me Fro, considering I was the one who mentioned that article on the other thread. :) ;) ;) :)

Nah that was for the original posters benefit :)

it has some merit, though I would say it may get vandalized

Fro link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=179130.msg206645#msg206645 date=1234323940]
I hope you aren't referring to me Fro, considering I was the one who mentioned that article on the other thread. :) ;) ;) :)

Nah that was for the original posters benefit :)
[/quote]  I have better things to do than read every thread of dribble that gets put up here.  This is a specific thread to a topic, not some hijack.  But we wouldn't expect a buearuecrat to understand efficiency would we? 

The Rockers still have their site as far as I know.

Zep, the Eagle Rockers are a group formed when the Northern Eagles were in existence (as far as I know) as an unofficial supporter group through the dark years and the re-emergence of the Sea Eagles. They are a tight-knit bunch who loved the club. There were a few sparks between several of them and some on this forum, around the time of the formation of this site. Part of the history relates to the old 'Mighty Eagles' official website and the view of some that a 'true' supporter should not criticise players or the club. There were issues relating to disenchanted Norths supporters but also amongst Manly supporters. That is oversimplification but it is all water under the bridge and is best left there.

Fair summation CW - it did boil down to an argument of whether it was right to criticise poor performance or not.  Some silvertails posters took a rather harsh view of 70 point floggings and from there is became personal.

But as you say, it's a long time ago and silvertails contains a happy collection of people from both sides of the fence in those days, hey Cliffy.  ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7