Robertson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pfoti

Can anyone tell me why Robbo left? Was it because he wanted to retire in England or not being offered a new contract at Manly? The one thing i did notice with Robbo this year was that he had lost some of his speed but still a fantastic player.

Hope he's not upset now that they didn't have room for him under the cap, because they wanted to retain Hoppa.

Apparently he liked the idea of being able to get his wang out more on TV over there.

Nothing sinister, he is coming to the end of his career as a winger, and wants to go make some dollars before he retires. He can see we have a slue of kids coming through.

Shame. he was awesome for us and will be missed. Hopefully goes down as one of the best Manly have seen. Certainly the most underrated winger I have seen

He really is an unsung hero.
I can't remember him being interviewed after the GF when he should have been. It was his last game for us, and it deserved recognition. He seems to stay in the background, yet we fans know his real worth.
I'm not sure I can think of a player who made so few errors in a career. Everything he did was class.
I'll miss him.

He wanted to get a super payout and to play in England as well. The club set it up and all thanks to them. No conspiracy and no throw out.

I have said this before. Had it not been for Brett Stewarts injury. Roberston would have been the NSW winger in 2009

Watched a bit of the NZ coverage last night

As they were heading around halligan and McIvor interviewed Robbo, he mainly spoke to Halligan, then walked away, came back and whispered something in mcivors ear which seemed to be you're a wanker, then walked off haha

Robbo's not that old, only 28, so still has a few years left in him. So the 1 year contract in England leaves the door open for him to come back to Manly in a couple of years time. And now with Hoppa leaving there could be more reason to bring him back.

28 is getting up there for a winger mate.

Does anybody know what the writing was on his GF jersey below the ISC?

Daniel said:
28 is getting up there for a winger mate.

I don't agree. As an example, Nathan Merritt (same age as Robbo) is still running around and I don't see him giving the game away anytime soon considering he's contracted to the Bunnies until the end of 2014.

This year would be one of Robbo's better years. He's still playing well and is up there with the best wingers in the comp. Sure his pace has dropped off a little but he's still strong (and getting stronger) in other areas of his game. Being a winger is not just about pace. Defence, positional play, finishing, catching high balls, etc. are equally important.

Great team player but had to be let go because of cap issues, forget Hoppa we still need to retain Buhrer TRex etc and we have plenty of cheaper wing options than Robbo, cheaper not better.

Hopefully Oldfield can step up to the next level during the offseason.

Billy Slater said in an interview that his dad told him that footy players react, they don't think. He said they think when they are taking a kick for touch about tactics etc, but in the moment they react. That's the way Billy plays. And that's what Oldfield needs to experience. To me he's caught in thinking and in indecision. He needs to get in touch with his intuition, to react in the moment, to become more alert, to play with confidence, to play what's in front of him. With his outrageous speed, he could become anything, or he could fade away.

Reliable Robbos fit, injury free and can come back after his euro wang tour. So 28's not too bad for a winger.

Mad dog macdougal recently retired, at 65, he is due for his pension and is claiming his superannuation payouts.

I agree with most people. Most outcasts turn to england to play. His just one of those unfortunate people to go and play over there, since they get bucket load of money just like some fortunate guys in NRL

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8