Robert Lui Pleads Guilty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
So they have to deregister him. You cannot have convicted woman bashers in the game.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-21/nrl27s-lui-pleads-guilty-to-girlfriend-assault/3903872

Cambo said:
So they have to deregister him. You cannot have convicted woman bashers in the game.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-21/nrl27s-lui-pleads-guilty-to-girlfriend-assault/3903872

I agree with the sentiment but I'd extend it to say that any player convicted of a serious crime should be de-registered & not allowed to sign another NRL contract.

IMO, the bloke is scum. But after the law is done with him, and if clubs still want him, then so be it. I doubt a club with integrity would want him and his baggage on the books anyway. It will run its course and he'll fade away.

Well well Mr Gallop...where is your tough stance now, on bringing the game into disrepute

I hope he gets alot of suprise buttsecks in jail,prefferably from the big white guy named Jed,because if you live past childhood with the terrible name of Jed you must have a massive one

He gets off with a $2K fine and T-Rex gets 7 weeks of house arrest "kicked her in the head and headbutted her' geeezus why hasn't Gallop called for an immediate press conference saying the NRL won't tolerate this and kick him out.

The Eagle said:
I hope he gets alot of suprise buttsecks in jail,prefferably from the big white guy named Jed,because if you live past childhood with the terrible name of Jed you must have a massive one
Seriously where do you come up this **** lol. :)

in conjunction with the NRL, the Cowboys have decided to suspend Robert from playing indefinitely after he pleaded guilty today.

The length of his suspension will be determined in due course with his rehabilitation remaining a high priority.

http://www.cowboys.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=49303&statement-regarding-robert-lui

No fine for Wests Tigers for bringing the game into disrepute...Gee standards are changing all the time from NRL headquarters

David Gallop on Robert Lui: "A conviction involving violence against women is an issue that we take extremely seriously.”

Not as seriously as doing the right thing by catching a taxi home and finding yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time and becoming the subject of a spurious criminal charge, apparently.

Gallop is taking the big issues head on. F#$%ing muppet.

Apparently, there is a huge difference between being guilty of criminal assault and embarrassing a suit by being the falsely accused face of the game.

And a what stage in our life do we stop picking at the scab on our apparent collective "wound" from the Brett Stewart saga? Cmon people we gain nothing from this, it is sad that any man dare raise a hand at a woman. Let's not politicise this

Berkeley_Eagle said:
David Gallop on Robert Lui: "A conviction involving violence against women is an issue that we take extremely seriously.”
Yeah sure you do.:lol:

Matabele said:
I bet he plays on the weekend.

I bet he doesn't

swoop said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Yeah sure you do.:lol:

C'mon say what you like about him but questioning his stance on violence against women is not a good look, no self respecting man condones such action

voicefromthehill said:
And a what stage in our life do we stop picking at the scab on our apparent collective "wound" from the Brett Stewart saga? Cmon people we gain nothing from this, it is sad that any man dare raise a hand at a woman. Let's not politicise this
You make good points and it will interesting if manly say anything. However Todd Carney got deregistered for a season for being a silly bugger on the drink.
Hitting a woman and a pregnant one at that is significantly worse than Anythibg carney did.
Before anyone says Carney was a repeat offender so is this bloke he had a domestic issue with the same girl almost a year to the day prior to this crime being committed.

As someone who grew up with too close a view of domestic violence I have no time at all for low ****ing dogs like this cretin. The fact he got a good behavior bond is a joke.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4