Ritchie trying to deflect focus on the bullscum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Manly's Clubman of the Year ditches club

Dean Ritchie
The Daily Telegraph
October 11, 2012

A MANLY football club volunteer staff member who was named this year's Clubman of the Year has left the Sea Eagles, angry at the club's "dysfunctional board".

Sam Rahme has walked away after 12 years at Brookvale, claiming he could not work at a club with so many agendas and vendettas at board level.

Rahme's former company was major sponsor of the defunct Northern Eagles before he became the club's dressing room guru, attendant, gear steward and confidant to the players.

Manly's boardroom has degenerated into a vicious farce through petty bickering, arguments and opposing agendas.

Rahme, a volunteer for 12 years who claimed the Steve Menzies Medal at Friday night's presentation night, admitted Manly had changed - for the worse.

"I understand when employees of a club leave for other paid jobs but it's a shame when volunteers are leaving," he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manlys-clubman-of-the-year-ditches-club/story-e6frexnr-1226493133798

Well he has been hiding his fat empty cowardly head for the last 10 days or so.

He was bound to surface eventually.

But wow, is he getting desperate!

Please what a laugh.

Best job going round, pretty much chief hanger oner and you resign over the board. See ya Sam don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Not like Peter peters puppet to throw in a board taunt.

Is it true?

I don't care about Ritchie or the bullscum but this doesn't read well. Why are we a continuing joke and when will the adults show up?

I think, if as reported, when the Penns go things should settle down. At the moment the power struggle betweens all the parties is causing some angst. Having said that this has been going on for years. Ritchie flogging a dead horse.

What a joke....Volunteer of the year leaves because of the board.... Ive heard it all now Zorba. Ricthie u are dead set nuff nuff of a reporter.
Slow news week.
1. Dogs in trouble
2. ARLC have no balls and have no CEO
3. Warriors have no coach
4. Tigers have no coach

Please pull your head out of Zorbas @rse and have a look around....Try and be a journalist, just for once and report on something that people actually care about.....Rahme, should fit in to the Dogs.

lsz said:
Or we could acknowledge perhaps there is an issue

How would a volunteer be effected by board issues, when its well known the playing and football group are kept well shielded from the board room ruckus?
To answer your question you would have to live on or mars or perhaps Queensland if you didn't know there are issues at board level.

RL Gronk said:
lsz said:
Or we could acknowledge perhaps there is an issue

How would a volunteer be effected by board issues, when its well known the playing and football group are kept well shielded from the board room ruckus?
To answer your question you would have to live on or mars or perhaps Queensland if you didn't know there are issues at board level.

I don't know the guy concerned but I'd agree with Gronk....he would have virtually zero contact or anything to do with the board. He's a volunteer, not on the payroll. so it's not as though he'd have to "front the board" for any reason.

I would suggest he's in "one camp or the other", doesn't agree with what's going on and probably whinged in his old mate Zorba's ear...and we know where that information goes don't we??

By the way I am in Queensland and I DO know!!

How do we know?

As stated in the article

Sam Rahme has walked away after 12 years at Brookvale, claiming he could not work at a club with so many agendas and vendettas at board level.

That is his personal experience. We now just need to wait for a story in the SMH for the "other" side

lsz said:
How do we know?

As stated in the article

That is his personal experience. We now just need to wait for a story in the SMH for the "other" side

If there is nothing in the SMH then I'd guess it's not newsworthy, like most of the DT.

How does one get the excellent gig to hang out with the players? What a goose to walk away from that. He must be a total idiot, and best kept away from the playing group.

I'm really concerned. Anyone who knows anything about the club knows that all of our success since 1947 has been pretty much built on this guy.

Does anybody know how many players have get out clauses triggered by Sam's departure? DCE, Foran and the Stewart brothers will go for sure. Tooves won't stand for it and we will end up with Peter Sharp back as coach.

I hear Ritchie is also working a scoop about a Manly player having a full strength beer on Mad Monday. If that story gets out it could destroy the club's reputation completely.

Maybe we should all start thinking about what we want to do after Manly's imminent demise.

Oh no not the kid as well???

Manly imploding again.....oh no Bourbon Beccy will be next (can't wait for her to slag us again on her Sunrise chat tomorrow morning)....."Manly is self destruct mode due to the resignation of the Ball Boy due to Board issues"

Dean Ritchie...you are a complete wanker and don't you know it's cricket season now SO STOP making up stories

If the Seabirds bra fitter resigns due to boardroom issues, then I'll be concerned. Concerned, and applying to fill the gap.

Seriously, what a dunce if he really has quit because of the Board.

Volley said:
If the Seabirds bra fitter resigns due to boardroom issues, then I'll be concerned. Concerned, and applying to fill the gap.

Seriously, what a dunce if he really has quit because of the Board.

Can I be the backup???

And you are right, jeez you'd almost kill to have that job....if I lived on the Northern Beaches I'd put my hand up for that gig in a heart beat....some sort of sacrifice to make just to make a statement!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6