RIP Ross Hannaford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G'day all,Sad news for not only Ross's family and friends but also to a generation of Australian music fans.Most noted for his work with Daddy Cool,but to me his finest work was on Mark Gillespies Only Human album which ranks as one of the great Aussie albums,and if you haven't heard it give it a go.A true great of the contemporary Australian music scene and it is a sad passing of a fine musician.
cheers mike

Spot on mike

I saw him play ( underage I think but who wasn't back then) in Melbourne and reckon Brodick smith played either in the band or a support act

Anyway port & pot was the entry fee and a
bit foggy but have 2 records still in my collection including a late released greatest hits

I was old enough to see Daddy Cool live, at the Hodern Pavillion in Sydney.

Loved Eagle Rock then and love it today, that guitar riff is one of my greatest lingering memories of that era.

Oh and a few by Led Zepplin

I hadn't heard the news till this morning. Last night I just felt like playing eagle rock on repeat before bed to crash out too for the first time......now I know some of you true supporters probably do this as a daily ritual, but when it woke me at 2am this morning I wasn't to happy with Daddy Cool!
...So to Ross Hannaford, thanks for the memories. Eagle Rock will never die.:D

.....won't be getting put on rpt at night either!

So much of our talent that surged out of the 60s and into the 70s is sadly underappreciated, and has been for some time.

We had acts and musicians that we the equal of anything else in the world, but our culture cringe sees most begrudgingly appreciate the obvious, but not wanting to dig deeper and discover some of the most incredible material you could ever hope to listen to.

A lot of these peeps are leaving us now and its only when they do that we then see this era celebrated; it's a shame, but better late than never I 'spose.

Just adding my condolences as well to both families. I wasn't into their music so much but respect what they did.

I like John in Pirates of Penzance though (and also 'all together now')

Complications from surgery sounds very unfortunate as well.

Hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected.

RIP Prince, just 57 :angel:

giphy.gif

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8